Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-20, 10:52 AM  
LAC

Angie Miller Walking Workouts on Gaia

I recently signed up for a Gaia Fit & Yoga subscription through Amazon Prime. I was thinking I might want to revisit some old Gaiam workouts I used to have on DVD and got rid of. Rather than remorse buy the DVDs again (and get rid of them again) I figure for $6.99 a month I can try a whole lot of Gaiam workouts.

This morning I was looking for old walking workouts (Madeleine Lewis and the WalkVest lady whose name escapes me at the moment) and I came across a couple of Angie Miller walking workouts. I had no idea Angie did walking workouts.

The one I tried today was called Mood Boosting Workout and was about 30 minutes long. It was Angie by herself, outside in front of a pool. I prefer videos shot in an outdoor setting, so this was a plus. The music was kind of bland, nothing to get excited about. She did marching in place, side steps, double side steps, grapevines, walk forward and back, heel taps, hamstring curls, mambos that turned into rocking horses, v-steps, side lunges and squats. She talked the entire time, but it wasn't annoying. Sometimes it felt like she cued on the move, rather than just before the move, but I am a klutz, so anything new to me needs a few run throughs before I can do it without mistakes anyway.

I don't know if these were ever sold as individual DVDs. I think in the description it said it was filmed in 2017. Maybe it is something that is only available with a Gaia Fit & Yoga streaming subscription. I just thought I'd mention it for anyone looking for a change of pace from Leslie or Jessica.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 11:48 AM  
Ilde

Thanks for letting us know! I also had no idea that Angie Miller did such workouts.
I like her and will look into the possibilty of adding some variety into my walking workouts routine.
Even if the steps are similar to those in other workouts, a different instructor and an outdoors setting will be very welcome!
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 12:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

is there any way of finding the date that these were filmed?

i recently acquired all of her known DVDs. this is great! thanks.

also wondering too if these had ever been released before?

EDITED TO ADD:
the following search shows that there are 15 (!) walking videos that Angie filmed in 2017!

edited link - i narrowed the search - this is just the 15 walking videos from Angie
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=angie+mil...f=nb_sb_noss_1

titles:
Walk With Weights, 30 min
Boost Your Mood Walk, 29 min
Fat Burning Walk, 20 min
Calorie Burn Walk, 46 min
3 Mile Walk It Out, 45 min
1 Mile Walk It Out, 44 min (seems long - maybe this includes other miles or goes slower)
Walk & Sprint, 29 min
Booty Walk, 20 min
1 Mile Quick Walk, 20 min
Walk for Fitness, 21 min
Upper Body Walk, 20 min
Core Walk, 20 min
Walk With Resistance Bands, 33 min
2 Mile Walk It Out, 43 min (seems long - maybe this goes slower?)
Lower Body Walk, 21 min

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.

Last edited by bzar; 05-17-20 at 03:14 PM. Reason: refined the link so that the results show only Angie's walking videos
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 12:46 PM  
LAC

Thanks bzar, I didn't realize there were 15, - I only noticed 3 this morning. This will keep me busy for awhile!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 06:40 PM  
mercedes

RE: Tony Horton's Next Level

Sorry to hijack this thread....

Are Tony Horton's new workouts already up in gaia? I signed up last year but they never showed up. Do not want to join again if they are still not available.
I did not have gaia through amazon though.... I joined through roku
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 06:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes View Post
RE: Tony Horton's Next Level

Sorry to hijack this thread....

Are Tony Horton's new workouts already up in gaia? I signed up last year but they never showed up. Do not want to join again if they are still not available.
I did not have gaia through amazon though.... I joined through roku
apparently his Season 1 is available:

https://smile.amazon.com/Enduro-Stre...t-video&sr=1-1

and Season 2:
https://smile.amazon.com/MMA-Advance...t-video&sr=1-3

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 07:45 PM  
mercedes

thanks.
I wonder if through roku they have it too...
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angie miller, gaia, gaia streaming