Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-04, 10:36 AM  
coco722

the firm advanced cardio

are there any reviews of this anywhere? none at college yet...
coco722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-04, 12:30 PM  
Joe

Looks like there's now 1 review at Collage.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-04, 12:52 PM  
nygurley

BSS advanced cardio

I thought this DVD was only avail for firm direct members I do not see it at collage or do you mean cardio blast?
nygurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-04, 12:57 PM  
Joe

Advanced Cardio is available through Collage. Just do a "search by title" on their website. The one review doesn't look very promising.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-04, 11:16 AM  
gemgigi

Anyone have this yet? I just ordered this and the other new one, Express cardio from Collage. I can't wait for them to get here. Now that I am working out in the evenings instead of the morning I think they will be the perfect length.
Gemma
gemgigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-04, 07:45 PM  
TallMomof2
VF Supporter

I've only previewed it but it's short (35 min) and pretty intense for a FIRM cardio. No weights and you need the death box or a substitute to do some of the moves. I have a ramp but they do some traditional step moves on the incline and I'm hesitant to try the ramp, I'll probably have to improvise with my club step.

Lots of higher impact moves but Libby is stil there for the beginners *IF* you could only see her! There is the instructor and 4 cast members but you would never know it because most of the camera shots only show the instructor and 2 cast members. There are only scattered shots of Libby and the other cast member.

The Express Cardio is not as intense as the Advanced Cardio and is the same length. Light weights are used in a few segments.

No ab work at the end of either. The music is bland even by Dynamix standards. In both workouts everyone wears long black pants and it's hard to see against the background. The background has these sail thingeys that are lit up with different colors. The sails end about mid thigh and then the background is black. Black on black makes it hard to see the leg patterns.

The instructors and cast members were coordinated outfits and are very, very tan and very, very lean.
Old 09-10-04, 07:46 PM  
TallMomof2
VF Supporter

Forgot to add that my copies came today but Power Yoga is still on backorder (that's the one I really wanted.)
Old 09-10-04, 09:17 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

It's a definite keeper for me! It starts out with a very weird warm-up, but the workout itself starts out with tall box climbs that kicked my heart rate into high gear and kept it there for the short but otherwise intense and super fun step (a little hi/lo too) routine! I consider it intermediate to medium advanced depending on who you follow. Yes, Libby isn't that visible...I would hate to be a beginner and trying to follow along.

I also tried Stephanie's new Express Cardio tonight and loved it as well! It's not as intense, but the fun factor is definitely there. I worked up a good sweat . Some four-limbed moves are included. Both are more fun than Lisa K's Fat Blasting Cardio.

Oh, and the music is loud...a plus for me. It's mostly instrumental and, if I remember, interspersed with some (very few) vocals.

The new box is great! I don't even have to use a sticky mat underneath, which I do for the fanny lifter.
Mary W is offline   Reply With Quote