Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-04, 07:51 AM  
netmom

Results from Slim in 6?

I'd love to hear what your results were from the Slim in 6 program. I actually have it, tried it but got bored around week 3 and didn't complete the plan, I'm thinking that if the results are great then I'll make another attempt at it.
netmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 08:11 AM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

I never did Slim in 6, but I did Slim Series, and had FANTASTIC results after a 4 week rotation (with three 30min cardio session thrown in each week). I dropped almost 2 full dress sizes.

Side note:
My food intake was very 'controlled'
Slim in 6 would have bored me, too
I od'd on SS. Haven't been able to go back to it since the initial rotation, DESPITE the results.

A long time ago, there was a Slim Series/Si6 Check in, you might find some results talk there, if those threads still exist.

or try here: http://69.93.245.62/forum/showthread...threadid=27890
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 11:16 AM  
NeedsToDoIt

I've "done" SI6 twice.
Made it through 6 weeks the first time - barely.
Second time I dropped out after about 4 weeks.
It is a great slimming program. You really hit the Abs, a lot.
It's just too intense to do it for 6 days, for 6 weeks.
Check the bb.com boards. So many people burn out on it.
The last 3 weeks of BIU are too much, in my opinion.
NeedsToDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 02:41 PM  
Celes

I got great results combining Slimin6 with Slim Series. Because the Slim Series is so much more difficult I found that I had to compensate by adding ankle weights and holding light dumbbells (2lbs) throughout the Slimin6 workouts.
Old 09-06-04, 04:28 PM  
Tiffanee
VF Supporter

The first time I tried Slim in 6, I was really disappointed. I was bored and did not drop any lbs or inches which is what I was trying to do. Stuck with it for the six weeks too but I must admit, I did not change my eating.

When I tried the Slim Series about six months ago, I got fantastic results. I dropped about 10 lbs and lost inches (can now get back into my old clothes - with room!). Actually could see the cut of my muscles in my arms and abs too! However, I did tweak my diet. Not by much, but some.

I really like this style of training (check out my high reps, low wt check-in). Not only did I get great results but my joints desperatly needed a break from high impact and heavy weights. However, I think what helped me get the results I wanted was that I watched what I was eating and added short cardio most days. Since I consider myself to be an advanced exerciser and I'm over 35, if I want to see significant results, especially weight and bodyfat loss, I have to do a lot more activity. This is what I've found to work for me.
Tiffanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 04:34 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

I did slim series for 3 wks

And lost about 4-5 pounds. Clothes fit better, yadda

I did however get burned out mentally. I can't do her warmups at all without being extremely angry, and I need to mute her and the music (use my own) to get through it.

Sin6 ... burn it up is a nifty workout, but slim series is "same, but harder".
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 12:02 PM  
blueskies

I got okay results, however...

...for the time and effort Si6 required, I felt that my results should have been much better. I lost about 7 pounds, but only 2% body fat (I wanted to lose much more body fat). Working out hard for 6 days a week and almost alienating my entire family in the process due to my bad moods caused by the intense workout schedule wasn't worth it for mediocre results.

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 03:23 PM  
seriellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies
I lost about 7 pounds, but only 2% body fat (I wanted to lose much more body fat).
That is fantastic. You are only "supposed"to lose 1-2 pounds a week if you are doing it healthfully. You are right where you should be.
seriellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 06:02 PM  
blueskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriellen
That is fantastic. You are only "supposed"to lose 1-2 pounds a week if you are doing it healthfully. You are right where you should be.
Actually, 3 of the 7 pounds I lost came from a rather severe stomach virus I had around Week 5 of the 6-week rotation. So Si6 gets none of the credit for that (other than perhaps weakening my immune system so I caught the virus to begin with! ).

In the past, I have achieved the same weight/body fat loss, with much less time and bother, using only dietary modifications. Was it worth 6 grueling weeks of working out (plus getting sick) to get those results? No way.

I honestly expected more from Si6 than it delivered.

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

Last edited by blueskies; 09-07-04 at 06:12 PM. Reason: To add information
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote