Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-24, 08:17 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

UG, forum issues, AGAIN!!

Today was Cardio Barre Arms and Thighs bonuses to start. I actually did ALL of the arms bonus with 2-pound weights instead of the 1's they use. And I know you're all thinking hah, 2-pound weights, but friends, there are literally, like, I don't know, more than 300 reps maybe of triceps in that second half of the bonus, and they're evil!! I followed that with PBOD Barre Flow Strength. Good stuff!!

FN2, laughing at your nicknames dilemma!! I'm like one of our cats, too many nicknames! That PBOD with the ball the other day used the little ball, like the one Cathe sells. BUT she did some things on it like you do on a stability ball, like hamstring roll-ins, which do you KNOW how hard that is on that little thing?? Yeah, she does some very creative (and hard) stuff with that little ball.

I know she has workouts with the stability ball but I haven't yet been brave enough to try them because, well, I suspect they're tough. And a huge balance challenge.

FOLV and Manleym, we've SO MISSED YOU!!!

FOLV, giggling at the OG Watulan thread you bumped. I'm sure many on this board would like to see that disappear forever, hah hah hah!! But yes, what a rabbit hole!

Manleym, you crack me up. I love High Step Training....I miss Cathe overall, sigh.

Bee, thanks for the link...it didn't work for me but I was actually able to deconstruct it enough to figure out which ball it is and I've saved it to my list. Good to know it's not a torture device! It looks good, actually, like you can make it squishy which is how Tracey uses it a lot.

Okay, crossing fingers and paws this posts....and that maybe it will make it to a page 2, because yeah, how weird is that!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 10:52 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Doh, of course that link didn't work! Sorry -- I didn't notice it went to myorders, even though that is clearly where copied it. Forehead slap emoji....

I think I forgot to tell you guys that we watched Barbie on NYE -- the visiting "girls" (we kept calling them that -- as opposed to my "boys" I guess) voted for that. We realized that if we started it right then, it would take us just through midnight. We watched and went directly to bed after. That's the first time in perhaps a decade that I've stayed up til midnight!!! (on NYE)

cataddict I love the George Michael story -- you're right, Chris is so down to earth and real. I did the vertical step just now -- stemless because it is dark and dumping rain outside so I didn't want to walk out to. my workout room. It was a good end of the day thing for me to do (not sped up! ).

Chele, I would like to do a little yoga/stretch/mobility each evening -- I think it would really benefit me. I'm thinking about the man yoga channel, but I haven't even tried it, so not sure I would even like him.

kittybug, I meant to say that I'll bet Tracey has trained her share of celebrities, so maybe one became a friend and that was the house. I love it when there's great scenery. Oh! I forgot to tell you guys, DH found a very inexpensive rowing machine (used) for me. I think the brand is Fluid but I'm not sure. He looked it up when I was skeptical and said it seems like a nice one. But what made me think of this is that in some ways I'd love to join Chele on Peloton (even though you're not rowing -- there might be instructor crossover?) but when I looked at things a while ago there was one subscription that made it seem like you were rowing outdoors in lots of really nice looking places. So that one would have strong pull for me (ha! "pull" -- no pun intended).

I'm so tired and still have to pick up #1 son from the airport..... (or maybe halfway -- I think he's going to get an uber as close to home as he can. Yes, that is right, we live too remote for uber!).
Old 01-03-24, 01:14 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello friends!!! I actually had a hard time logging in today. Kept saying the server was busy.

Happy New Year!!! Glad we are only on page 2!

Jan 1 - no workout at all. Rested, relaxed, sat on my butt a lot.
Jan 2 - Epic 3 Day 16 Surefire Shoulders. EXCELLENT!! Nothing but shoulder work! Super way to start the year! I used 20s and 12s. CG used 19 and 13 so close.

Jan 3 - More Epic 3 Day 13 Demanding Glutes and Hamstrings. Not as excited about this one. A lot of different glute bridges with and without weights. Some deadlifts but most of the work was on the floor.
OW MY ACHING BUTT!
CG used 55lb and 33 lb. I used my 45lb kettlebell and 30s. Close enough especially with sooooo many glute bridges. This one also uses a loop. I used my heaviest Cathe fabric loop. Ow.

I'm SO glad to see everyone back. This year I am making a concerted effort to watch what I eat. Plus I KNOW that if I eat after supper, its a recipe for weight gain. Here goes!

ETA: Had to try and submit this several times. Server busy. Hope it posts.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-24, 03:34 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Yes, WWW AKA Kate, lots of server busy messages today!

Yesterday were two Chris Dorner's--the 30 minute HiiT followed by Intermediate Step #341 sped up. I was meh on the Hiit since there were a number of up and down movements which always slow down my heart rate and I was looking for a "hiit." And nope to the roll back exercise--too much chance of hurting my spine. I did do the surrenders and can do those without issue. There were repeated rounds (4 of the same exercises IIRC), so Chele, this one may not be for you, since you aren't a fan of repeats. I did like #341 and she didn't have a lot of breakdown which I prefer.

Keeping this relatively short since I don't know if it will even post!

Waves and hugs!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-24, 04:20 PM  
manleym

Hopefully this will post. Also getting busy signal.

Workouts:
Tues - CD 55 Minute Fast Basic Step Aerobics Easy Choreography Calorie Killer (great music; fast pace but easy and basic choreography; I did NOT repeat the final combo - WHAAT?!? LOL!) + 30 Minute Better Movement Mobility and Stretching Routine (FELT GREAT! Loved “tie your shoe” move; this felt really good after all of those leg presses in HST)

Wed - CD At Home Legs & Abs Toning with Dumbbells & Bands -50 Minute (burned out LB; especially the 4 moves to 1 side & band finisher) + 20 Minute Core and Abs Workout With Dumbbells and Gliders to Strengthen Your Core (I bought new gliders at Aldi and wanted to try them out; this was a good core workout and the gliders worked just fine)

Looking forward to the dance workout with Jason tomorrow!!

Fine hair folks, have any of you tried silk scrunchies/ponytail holders? My SIL got some for my niece for Christmas because her stylist told her to use them. I'm curious since I haven't used them.

Bee, we can call you Boonie Bee since you live so remote that an uber won't drop off your son. HA! Hope all goes well!

Cataddict I previewed Chris's HiiT from Tuesday and it just didn't appeal. Glad to hear I didn't miss anything.

Hugs and waves all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-24, 05:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

manleym, I have some silky hair scrunchies from when they were cool () and still use them. I like the ones that I got from Aldis and from Amazon based on Chele's recommendations as well. The silky ones tend to loosen up a bit and slide over time so they don’t work as well for me during a workout. Plus the silky fabric might not do so well amidst sweat.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 01-03-24, 08:27 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello all!!

I did NOT feel like doing a dang thing today, as my back was bugging me from a cat-assisted unintended adjustment as I was sleeping last night. (Imagine cat on ankles, turning over without knowing this, back pops, feels better until you wake up and realize it doesn't. Yeah, cat-assisted adjustment!)

But then I told myself that 99 percent of my 90-minute workout was LYING ON THE FLOOR and I could put my Wonder Woman panties on and do it. So I did PBOD Core Stability with Ring as my lovely warmup to Ballet Beautiful Classic. And I lived and feel a tad better.

But today was less fun for poor Cheeto who got to visit the vet. Apparently, everybody fell in love with him as soon as they took him out of the carrier because he slung himself around the necks of anyone who picked him up to move him. That being said, he was still traumatized for his first half hour upon coming home before resuming his normal lovebug antics, hah!

Anywho, we wanted antibiotics for his URI as well as for Lux's, even though Lux wasn't being seen because how else are they BOTH going to get better at the same time, right? And Lux has been seen recently, so my husband figured maybe they don't remember firing Lux and we'll get lucky.

Well, we didn't get lucky, at first, and I was ready to get feisty and very rude when my husband calmly said, 'Okay, please give me all his paperwork so I can take him to another vet' and that resulted in us getting him some meds. We'll see if they work. There was new talk of steroids in his future, so that might be a much better solution for the chronic snock (snot rockets) if they help!!

FN2, were steroids ever on the table for treatment with Big Orange? Nobody has talked to us about that before.

Just crossing fingers Cheeto gets better and doesn't end up like Lux where he gets sick every time you look at him sideways.

Manleym, Boonie Bee!! That's hilarious!! I can't imagine silk holding hair very well but you'll have to let us know.

WWW Kate, I'm watching what I eat too....watching it go from my plate to my mouth, that is. Good gawd, I'm awful. Halloween still hasn't stopped, have I mentioned that? Just commiserating with yah, my friend, because we should laugh, right?!

Boonie Bee, please keep us posted on the rowing! That sounds like fun (and hard)! But how cool you got a nice one used.

Okay, crossing fingers this posts....here we go....

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-24, 09:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

FN1, I would use EXTREME caution with the steroids. They exacerbated an issue that Big Orange had and we lost him not too long afterwards. I’m not trying to alarm you, just please be careful!!

Old 01-03-24, 09:33 PM  
ChelePA

Quick check-in because VF has been very finicky every time I try to reply to a post. It usually gives me an error message.

Yesterday, Total Body Barbell including Bonus plus evening stretch.

Today, Gloved Up & Sweaty with Bonus. I actually started with a basic step by Kat. She's been re-editing a few earlier routines due to music or voiceover issues, and she recommended this one for its awesome music. I think number 27. Well, it started off slow so I thought I would use manleym and cataddict's trick and speed it up. I was on my Roku which only does 25 percent speed changes. Way too quick at 1.25. Cataddict I don't know how you do it that fast! Wow! Unlike Chris, I wasn't sure about the BPMs. So I switched over to my laptop and tried 1.15 like manleym. Still way too fast on the step. So I settled at 1.1, which was perfect. I think I may try a few other basic Kat routines using a faster speed and see how it goes.

I gave my overall reviews in our email chain about Cathe's newest workouts. Tomorrow is Killer Legs for the second time. I'll update my comments once I try it again.

Sorry to be so brief. I am quite frustrated the past few days with the forum. I see a few others are having similar issues. Maybe because it's the beginning of the new year? Hope it resolves soon. I don't have time to refresh constantly, and you know I like to post to keep myself accountable. I'm definitely an obliger in Gretchen Rubin's world
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 10:11 AM  
manleym

Had a post all typed out and got the server error message! UGH! I had much more in my original post, but will keep this brief.

Cataddict thanks for the info re: silk scrunchies. That makes sense they would slide and get lose, especially when sweaty. LOL that you still have some from when they were cool! I have a few things that have come back around too! I'm at Aldi every week, so I'll keep my eyes open for the ponytail holders. I haven't seen them yet. And will add ChelePA's to my Amazon cart.

KBug LOL - "cat-assisted unintended adjustment"! I hope you're feeling better today, and hoping your fur babies are on the mend and back to full health soon!

ChelePA right there with ya on the frustration of the error messages. Hope whatever is causing the forum to be buggy is gone soon! I'm either going to start copying my messages before posting, or type in an email, copy and paste before posting so I don't lose everything. Just have to remember to do that.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in