Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-13, 11:06 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Fitbit or else?

I need to buy one of these gizmos finally. Any recommendations?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 11:56 AM  
rosepetals

Cool

Body Media !!! It doesn't break like the fitbit does. I have had mine three years without any problems.

The fitbit broke within the first couple of months and the company is not very cooperative with replacements.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 12:14 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Maybe hold off a little if you can, because apparently a slew of activity gadgets are coming soon: the Fitbit Flex bracelet, another bracelet from LG, the Misfit Shine, a Fitbit-like thing from Withings, and I'm sure there are others.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 12:22 PM  
klaux

I love my Fitbit! It does make me walk more - knowing that I have to face it at the end of the day!
klaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 12:28 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I've had them all ...

And yes, there are new things on the horizon.

I always seem to come back to the FitBit. Especially now, since it syncs with My Fitness Pal, with the FitBit Site, with the Digifit site and with my Aria Scale. It's all integrated, which is wonderful.

Mine has had no issues (knock on wood). I had one for many years (was a preorder before they were on the market) and got a new one about a year ago ... I do tether mine though.

I liked the BodyMedia one I had (BodyBugg), but it was not good on my skin and I got bubbles under it (like an allergic reaction). The FitBit is more inconspicuous ... BodyBugg also charged to sync with the site. The FitBit does not. It also automatically syncs when I sit by my computer as long as the base is plugged in. And FitBit and the site are FREE, FREE, FREE. LOVE THAT. Including MyFitnessPal.com and DigiFit.com - these are not PART of FitBit but they are "partners" .... Really gives me the WHOLE picture.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 12:47 PM  
andtckrtoo

Another big Fitbit fan. I have gone through several, but now that I have the Fitbit One, I think it will last a while. I love that it syncs to my phone. I don't even have to be near the computer.
Old 04-06-13, 01:08 PM  
junico

LOVE my fitbit...will actually drive home to get it if I forget it in the morning
junico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 04:08 PM  
RoseOOPs

Love my Fitbit one. It syncs with Sparkpeople, Zombie Run, Runkeeper, etc. So what ever apps you are using Fitbit will more than likely sync. There are several other websites that sync to the fitbit as well Neufit and Earndit.
RoseOOPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 09:33 PM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Another big Fitbit fan. I have gone through several, but now that I have the Fitbit One, I think it will last a while. I love that it syncs to my phone. I don't even have to be near the computer.
Me too. Went through 2 Ultras but haven't lost my One yet. Went to the movie theater both times I lost my Ultra (I'm thinking I was reaching in my pocket for my cell or wallet & it popped off). Did the same with my One & it stayed put but I've also been making an effort to not put stuff in the pocket the fitbit is clipped to.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 09:53 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I love my Fitbit Ultra, and I've had it for almost a year, but I hate the clip. Original clip broke after 4 or so months, so I bought 2 replacement clips from Fitbit @ 9.99 each and they are terrible. The first one ripped after less than 2 months, but the 2nd one is still holding on in 3rd month of use. The clips are poorly designed and they don't fit well, but that's all that was available as a replacement. The reason why I'm sticking with my Fitbit Ultra is because it counts floors.....I have 4 floors in my house, so that's important to me. I also synch it with MFP. Other than the clip which is really poorly designed, I love my Fitbit Ultra.