Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-18, 12:38 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Bed sheet workout!

I made a playlist of no impact/seated YouTube workouts to do while I get through this plantar fasciitis flare up, and this morning I did Adrian Bryant's 20 min bed sheet interval workout that replaces gym ropes with a sheet (kind of brilliant). Wow! I was gasping by the end and having a hard time getting my arms above shoulder level during the seated jacks intervals. My cat was not impressed with the sheet flapping, however, and shot out of the room til I was done.

I like Adrian: he talks throughout via voiceover at a very even tone without any yelling, and though there's a lot of talk of weight loss and focusing on how you're going to look after regular exercise that some will find off-putting, it didn't bother me. (There are also some before & after photos during the last rest interval.) The music was good, too.

There are a few more of these interspersed with Pahla B and Jessica Smith coming up on the playlist, so looking I'm forward to some more vigorous sheet flapping!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 01:44 PM  
Scorpio6

loved it!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-18, 11:14 AM  
violingal3

That's a neat idea, good to know a bed sheet works!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-18, 11:36 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I'm wondering how I might incorporate this in other workouts. Any ideas?

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-18, 07:21 PM  
fagiles

I love Adrian Have been following his YT videos for years!!! He is hilarious and very motivating. A few years ago, to show his appreciation he was giving away free dvds of his YT workouts.

Felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 12:10 PM  
pricek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
I made a playlist of no impact/seated YouTube workouts to do while I get through this plantar fasciitis flare up, and this morning I did Adrian Bryant's 20 min bed sheet interval workout that replaces gym ropes with a sheet (kind of brilliant). Wow! I was gasping by the end and having a hard time getting my arms above shoulder level during the seated jacks intervals. My cat was not impressed with the sheet flapping, however, and shot out of the room til I was done.

I like Adrian: he talks throughout via voiceover at a very even tone without any yelling, and though there's a lot of talk of weight loss and focusing on how you're going to look after regular exercise that some will find off-putting, it didn't bother me. (There are also some before & after photos during the last rest interval.) The music was good, too.

There are a few more of these interspersed with Pahla B and Jessica Smith coming up on the playlist, so looking I'm forward to some more vigorous sheet flapping!
I’m currently battling plantar fasciitis for the first time. It is no fun! I have to look into this bed sheet workout. Thanks!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 01:01 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I'm wondering how I might incorporate this in other workouts. Any ideas?
It's a really intense upper body workout--I really felt it in my shoulders and biceps and across my upper back yesterday. Alternating or pairing with a lower-body focused workout like cycling or walking, etc. would be ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricek View Post
I’m currently battling plantar fasciitis for the first time. It is no fun! I have to look into this bed sheet workout. Thanks!
It's really frustrating! Stretching your legs and feet helps, and I wear EVA Birkinstock sandals around the house all the time now. Walking barefoot on small river rocks or large gravel seems to help too. Since I live in an apartment, I filled a boot tray with landscaping rocks and put it in the kitchen to stand on while I'm making dinner. My friends think I'm crackers, but if it works...

Old 03-12-18, 10:44 AM  
pricek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
It's a really intense upper body workout--I really felt it in my shoulders and biceps and across my upper back yesterday. Alternating or pairing with a lower-body focused workout like cycling or walking, etc. would be ideal.

It's really frustrating! Stretching your legs and feet helps, and I wear EVA Birkinstock sandals around the house all the time now. Walking barefoot on small river rocks or large gravel seems to help too. Since I live in an apartment, I filled a boot tray with landscaping rocks and put it in the kitchen to stand on while I'm making dinner. My friends think I'm crackers, but if it works...
Yes, it’s very frustrating. Stretching definitely helps. I’ve been wearing Spenco mules around the house. I will have to dig out my Birkenstock sandals. This is my first time hearing about gravel and landscaping rocks. Lol! Thanks for the tip.😉😊
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 11:14 AM  
killoffsonny

I just googled bed sheet workout and your post on VFF popped up. This workout looks exhausting!!
Old 03-12-18, 06:15 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
I just googled bed sheet workout and your post on VFF popped up. This workout looks exhausting!!
I was very surprised at how tired I was by the end, and my arms were achy enough (in a good way) over the weekend for me to pop an ibuprofen which I almost never do.

Tags
adrian bryant, no impact