Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-14, 07:21 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I have the Fitbit One and wear it clipped to my bra. Honestly, I don't want anyone to know I'm wearing it. I used to wear a pedometer and have to explain it. The One has stayed secure and it makes me get up when I want to be lazy. I looked at all the wrist worn trackers, but came to the conclusion that the One seems the most accurate.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 07:53 PM  
andtckrtoo

I switched from a Fitbit (after having one for 4 years) to a Polar Loop because it has a HRM option. I have to admit that I really like my Loop. It gives you an activity goal, not just a step goal (unlike the Fitbit, you cannot change this - hopefully in future revisions of the software) and the bloody thing texts me when I'm on my butt too long. I have to admit that that is one of my favorite features. It also marks when I have an hour of inactivity. So I feel it makes me move more than my Fitbit because I don't want it to be texting me and giving me black marks on my daily chart. It's also waterproof to 50 feet, so I can shower with it.
Old 07-16-14, 08:28 PM  
icebergslim

I love my fitbit and it is not good at tracking time on a spin bike, but when I am on my bike I make sure my workout slacks/shorts have a pocket on it. It then records the leg movement!! HTH...
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 09:14 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
I love my fitbit and it is not good at tracking time on a spin bike, but when I am on my bike I make sure my workout slacks/shorts have a pocket on it. It then records the leg movement!! HTH...
I tie mine to my shoe...
Old 07-17-14, 12:20 PM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

I loooooove my Fitbit one! It's so much fun keeping track of my steps and competing with family and friends (though my Dad and sis kick my butt every week).

I prefer it over the wrist model because it seems more accurate. If anything ever happened to it, I'd buy another one the same day. That's how much I love it. It's done more in terms of getting me up and active than anything I've ever done. I will jog in place at 11:45 pm to get my last few steps in, haha!
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 01:02 PM  
Lulu Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raineth View Post
I will jog in place at 11:45 pm to get my last few steps in, haha!
This is EXACTLY me! I love my fitbit flex and it really motivates me to move.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 01:16 PM  
raeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raineth View Post
I will jog in place at 11:45 pm to get my last few steps in, haha!
I know right! I do a large figure 8 in my dining room/living room. Some nights I'm doing that for 5k steps or more. Better than sitting I suppose!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 01:51 PM  
Richie

I think I'm erring towards the Fitbit One as I like the idea of the altimeter plus I've realised that I really hate wearing anything on my wrists!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 04:05 PM  
raeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I think I'm erring towards the Fitbit One as I like the idea of the altimeter plus I've realised that I really hate wearing anything on my wrists!
Definitely go for the One then. I love mine!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote