Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-14, 08:32 AM  
Tugger31

Smile Home Gym Intervals

I just did the premix with both workouts, followed that with the waistline segment....LOVED IT!!

So happy with this purchase!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 09:37 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I received this yesterday. I haven't had a chance to preview or do it. But I'm excited that I received it since I wasn't even expecting it.
Old 05-29-14, 08:37 AM  
laurajhawk

So, there's more footage on these two new ones (HGI and Muscle Up), isn't there? Both of them have two 30-minute workouts and an ab/waistline bonus? She has done bonus ab segments before, I know, but not on every DVD.

Kelly sure does give good value for your money. The premixes make the DVDs so darn useful too. I did a 29-minute full-body premix from Muscle Up this morning.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 07:20 AM  
Chomper

I did this a couple weeks ago while visiting my parents. I did it without cardio equipment. I just needed enough space to lunge and squat side to side. I really enjoyed it! I had originally planned to have a timer go off after 45 seconds for some low impact cardio options where I wanted to switch legs (lunges, kicks, etc). But I didn't have that option, so I did a whole 90 seconds on one side, then during the next cardio interval did the other side.

I did:

db swings,
front kick to lunge back touch the ground,
air squats,
side kick to squat,
crab walking forward and back,
crab kicks and reaches,
front kick to front lunge,
maybe side lunges touching down

I liked Kelly's weight exercises, and felt like my heart rate stayed up there. The only exercise I did not do was tricep kickbacks- I only had one dumbbell with me, and I prefer to do tricep pushups on my knees anyway. I think her weight exercises are a little light on the legs, which was fine with me because my low impact cardio moves use the legs a lot.

I used my own music, so I cannot speak to that. Just so happy there's a music off option!
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 09:51 AM  
upperwside

I like this one a lot too.. do a lot of plyos and KB swings in exchange for working out on a cardio machine. I also play my own music..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 10:27 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I've done the first wo so far and plan to do the other one this week. I use my treadmill. The workout goes by really fast and I'm always looking out for treadmill wos so this is a nice alternative.
Old 06-17-14, 09:40 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post

I did:

db swings,
front kick to lunge back touch the ground,
air squats,
side kick to squat,
crab walking forward and back,
crab kicks and reaches,
front kick to front lunge,
maybe side lunges touching down

!

I did this workout about 2 weeks ago and I did floor cardio, also. I did an upper body boxing combo or did sumo squats, squat digs, lunge kicks, etc. It works just great with floor cardio, too. I like what you posted and plan to make a note of them for more ideas. Thanks for sharing!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 10:35 AM  
icebergslim

I did both workouts together yesterday, boy what a treat!! I did both workouts individually before and it flies, doing them together the time flies as well. This is a well structured workout with any gym equipment you have. The last two rounds I got off my spin bike and substituted with kb swings. I would like to see more of these type of workouts coming out in stream or dvd format. I can see Cathe doing something like this, in this format. I know many do not have in home gym equipment, but many do and this is a great interval workout. It hits everything. Loved it.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 04:49 PM  
Tugger31

I did this workout the other day too, still love it! I used it in a different way last time. I'm starting to do tempo/interval runs so I ran at a faster pace during home gym equipment time and then when Kelly hopped off her treadmill to do the weight segment, I just walked on the treadmill. I liked it b/c I didnt have to program my treadmill or watch the clock/treadmill display. Kelly did the work for me!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 02:11 PM  
Footballnut

Oh my goodness. I just got this one and had to give a shout about this one. I LOVED it. It moved so fast that I didn't get a chance to get bored and I did work up a good sweat. I have treadmill and elliptical collecting dust. I just alternated those with my spin bike and there was no way I got bored. Loved it!

Tags
home gym intervals, kcm, kelly coffey-meyer