Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-14, 06:13 AM  
aqua girl

Yeah, I guess I will preorder as well even tho' there sounds like there will
be a couple workouts I'll probably not be able to do...like plyo legs,the high
impact stuff....my biggest concern is how these will be chaptered....the
last set of dvds were not chaptered as good as all the others in the past and that was very disappointing to me as I like them chaptered by exercise, etc....I think
a lot of other people felt the same way so I hope they realized that-after the
fact and will go back to the old way they chaptered the workouts, more or
less individual chapters instead of bunching a group together...Make sense?
aqua girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 07:02 AM  
lavna

I'm interested in the 4 cardio workouts so just for that, it's worth for me to get them at the pre-sale price. And you never know, I might go back to heavy weights some day!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 07:14 AM  
Mickey12

I'm super excited for these since they're from Cathe. I buy everything she puts out because I think it's just that good. Unfortunately, I don't use her DVDs as much as I used to as I'm getting older. I'm finding myself gradually going to shorter workouts or less intense workouts. This makes me sad in a way because I feel like I'm physically phasing out of Cathe but my emotional connection to her and her workouts is still extremely strong.

Anyway, I'm still pre-ordering. I love Cathe too much not to!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 08:00 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua girl View Post
last set of dvds were not chaptered as good as all the others in the past and that was very disappointing to me as I like them chaptered by exercise, etc....I think
Absolutely. That has definitely been a disappointment for me recently, as well as the premix issue mentioned earlier. It's especially noticeable if you go back to older Cathes.

I might pick up a couple individually once reviews start coming in. I might not get a "bargain" but I'll get exactly what I want without a buildup that can't be met.
Old 05-29-14, 08:40 AM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua girl View Post
ITA! When I hit the back button in the middle of a workout and it takes me to just before the warm up as opposed to the beginning of the current exercise, that's just sloppy chaptering (or lack of chaptering)! I really hope they improve on that with this new set. Her DVDs used to be so cutting edge when it came to chaptering and premixes but have really fallen off over the last few years/series. And I, for one, miss the Mix n Match menu.
Old 05-29-14, 09:19 AM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
I am excited for those of you who are excited.

I am not preordering (haven't preordered Cathe in a while). I have everything I think I could ever want from her. In reading the descriptions I'm either not in the market for it or I already have it from her (ie, heavy strength training such as Pure Strength or Slow & Heavy).

But, as always, I reserve judgment until I hear the bandwagon coming down the road.
I have enough weight workouts. I may be interested in the HiiT since I have been incorporating these workouts twice a week. And I have not preordered from her in a long time. I will wait to see what the reviews are on the HiiT ones.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 09:49 AM  
mtngoat

I also hope that these are chaptered well. Good chaptering is important whether one purchases the DVDs or downloads. The Workout Manager is only as good as the chaptering. (The Workout Manager strings chapters of workouts together. If the workout isn't chaptered well, it won't produce a quality product in the Workout Manager.)

I forgot to mention the chaptering issue when replying to marmact above. The recent series have not been chaptered as well.

An example of good chaptering were the original (I think) HiiT workouts. It would have taken an incredible amount of time to plan and produce this type of chaptering - even in the choreography stage - I kind of understand why they let it slide.

So maramct - aside from technical issues, the Workout Manager is only as good as the chaptering.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 02:55 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I will probably preorder, but I have to agree with the thoughts on Cathe returning to the better chaptering & premixes. I also hope she has some better music. I really hate the fake lyrics--I do use the "vocals off" option, but still.

I'm hoping for a big variety of moves for the HIIT workouts--not 10 million tuck jumps. I also hope she has shorter premixes for the weight workouts. I don't see why she never does a 15-20 min. premix for strength work. I don't like to section body parts up that much. I have so much to choose from, I don't do all one instructor or system any week.

In any case, these workouts do sound exciting to me.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 05:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I will probably preorder, but I have to agree with the thoughts on Cathe returning to the better chaptering & premixes. I also hope she has some better music. I really hate the fake lyrics--I do use the "vocals off" option, but still.

I'm hoping for a big variety of moves for the HIIT workouts--not 10 million tuck jumps. I also hope she has shorter premixes for the weight workouts. I don't see why she never does a 15-20 min. premix for strength work. I don't like to section body parts up that much. I have so much to choose from, I don't do all one instructor or system any week.

In any case, these workouts do sound exciting to me.
Agreed on all points! I'd rather her choose music without words at all than the fake lyrics. Ugh!

Also agree about wanting some variety instead of all tuck jumps (not that I need more burpees, heaven forbid! ) I guess there are only so many movements that are intense yet relatively "safe."

I also will probably pre-order, although heavy weights haven't been my thing for awhile.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 06:41 PM  
adrien_73

I can't due plyo anymore due to patella femoral syndrome, and I don't like splits. But, I own every other Cathe dvd! I only use a fraction of them, but I feel like I HAVE to have a complete collection!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe presale, ripped with hiit