Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-16-19, 06:35 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

I know the OP didn’t ask about Elyse Baker’s dance DVDS, but they look like they might be fun. I think Collage has one of them very reasonably priced. Mary might have them too.
Old 10-16-19, 07:15 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
I know the OP didn’t ask about Elyse Baker’s dance DVDS, but they look like they might be fun. I think Collage has one of them very reasonably priced. Mary might have them too.
Dancinerate is Ilyse Baker
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 09:07 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Dancinerate is Ilyse Baker
Oops!
Old 10-16-19, 10:59 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bubbles, what Dance off the inches are you interested on? I have tried a couple recently, and I have enjoyed them all, some more than others. I also have both Dancinerate workouts, and I like them a lot, I think they are fun and Ilyse is a great instructor, nice energy. Dancinerate are more challenging than DOTI, since you put together a longer choreography and I think it is a bit more complex, you get two workouts on each dvd, and each w/o is around 25-30 minute long. In DOTI, you do three shorter choreography, and the workouts are around 40-45 minute long. It is hard to recommend since I am not familiar with the dance workouts you have and like. I don't mind tifting, but I don't think this have excessive tifting, just enough to get the choreography down imo. I also wanted to ask, why not Zumba? You don't like that type of music, or you find it too advanced? Just curious, since the beginner workout they have, I think is fabulous. Other dance workouts I like: Pump it up (UK), Cize, Hip Hop Abs, Country Heat, YouV2, Dance with Julianne, Now that is what I call fitness (UK), Hip Hop Workout (UK), A Fame Dance Workout (UK). I also wanted to add that some of these workouts are on YouTube, so you could give them a try before buying. HTH

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LFm3VhFntdM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aZMS3h4IIhI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aZXHThENOp4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YCeDbz_rbUU

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-19, 04:08 PM  
bubbles76

Sugar, I ADORE the Pump It Up workouts! Of course, being without a multi region player, I can only view them online. I have some Hip Hop Abs, but lent them to my neighbor before I could try them . I like Bellyfit, most bellydance, dance hall. Oh, and no to Zumba because I have a few and can't get past the non-verbal cueing. The only Zumba type workout I pull out regularly is Cinnamon, because (1) Tiny Bubble loves the music and (2) I can forgive Christi Taylor almost anything.

I just saw some clips for Bollyfit and Bollyrobics. I remember having Bollyrobics years ago. Can't remember why I got rid of it. Anyone have opinions on these two?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-19, 07:21 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bubbles, I love dance hall too! Unfortunately I don't have a workout with dance hall on it, any recommendation? It is a shame you didn't gave Hip Hop Abs a try! Shaun T always makes me smile. I have two DVD players, a Philips and a Samsung, either was region free, but looking on Internet based on the brand and model of mine, I was able to find a code to convert them both to region free using only the remote control, maybe something worth checking (?). I like that the Pump It Up DVDs are fully programmable. As for Zumba, I would recommend Zumba 101 Can't Dance, Beto leads both workouts and he cues, and the music is pretty good. I opened this thread a while back.

Another fun ones you might enjoy:

Dance off the inches fat burning belly dance

Bipasha Basu Break Free

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 10-20-19, 06:03 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I think all Zumba DVDs have the option to choose either verbal cuing or nonverbal cuing.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 09:59 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

i did Petra Kolber's Just Dance today. I thought it was pretty fun!
Old 10-20-19, 10:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I think all Zumba DVDs have the option to choose either verbal cuing or nonverbal cuing.
I agree, I always do Zumba with verbal cues, the only ones that doesn't have cues are the live concerts.

Old 10-20-19, 10:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nora View Post
i did Petra Kolber's Just Dance today. I thought it was pretty fun!
I didn't know about this one, it does look fun!

Tags
dance workouts