yahoo205

Insanity vs. Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

Is this a silly question?

Is insanity way tougher?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 07:32 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I don't think it is a silly question. I did Jillian's first and I think it helped prepare me for Insanity. The moves are similar - athletic with an "old-school" feel, but Shaun T does them faster, with more reps - I think Jillian's workout is great prep though. I think Shaun's has more Strength training ones as well (push up based) - I haven't done Jillian's in awhile.
Old 02-22-11, 07:36 PM  
icebergslim

Insanity is higher impact and intesity than Jillian's BFBM. But I agree, BFBM is a great starting point before jumping into Insanity.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 08:04 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-bot View Post
i don't think it is a silly question. I did jillian's first and i think it helped prepare me for insanity. The moves are similar - athletic with an "old-school" feel, but shaun t does them faster, with more reps - i think jillian's workout is great prep though. I think shaun's has more strength training ones as well (push up based) - i haven't done jillian's in awhile.
ita.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 08:29 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
Insanity is higher impact and intesity than Jillian's BFBM. But I agree, BFBM is a great starting point before jumping into Insanity.
Agree with you and all the other posts so far.
Old 02-22-11, 08:34 PM  
RoccoLuv

I hate to disagree, but I find Jillian's to be a nice starting point to Cathe's Core Cardio Circuit, which is a great way to get ready for Insanity. I just don't feel BFBM is a direct segway to Insanity, although it is in the same 'feel' of workout. I do BFBM during my recovery weeks...
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 08:52 PM  
ellaenchanted

I find BFBM to be intermediate and not comparable to what I have seen of Insanity. I haven't done Insanity but I would something like Peak 10 or Cathe's HiiT instead as a prep.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 09:28 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoLuv View Post
I hate to disagree, but I find Jillian's to be a nice starting point to Cathe's Core Cardio Circuit, which is a great way to get ready for Insanity. I just don't feel BFBM is a direct segway to Insanity, although it is in the same 'feel' of workout. I do BFBM during my recovery weeks...
That makes sense, everyone is different . . I personally feel like cathe's CCC is more on the same level of Insanity though - it doesn't have the same high-energy-vibe, but I think it has the same intensity (except for the crunch sections) - especially the Insanitys that have interval breaks. I heard someone on the forum once say "if you can do CCC, you can do insanity" and I think they are right. I believe it was in the segment where they were discussing "now that I have done insanity, what can challenge me at the same cardiovascular intensity" and people were saying CCC. I feel like Intensity and CCC are more in the same camp, and Jillian's is more of a great prep workout for these two. I also think people forget that Insanity is as hard as you want to make it . . a lot of it is pushing yourself to do as many reps in an alloted time segment, which means you go as hard as you can and you get better - so there is room for improvement. A lot of people in the workouts are going at different paces, but everyone is pushing themselves to the max point. Does that make sense?

Tags
bfbm, insanity, jillian michaels, shaun t