Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-24, 01:38 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Trying again to post...

Today I did Ellen's Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates! That's all I have time for, just now. Blast from the past from 2004 and Ellen has such beautiful blue eyes! Adorable.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 01:47 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Been having a lot of trouble getting into VF today.

No workout today. I've been busy all morning prepping for the storm that's supposed to hit here around 6pm. I've been doing laundry, charging devices and I went outside and secured anything that could potentially blow away. Ugh! I hope this turns out to be a bust, but you never know so have to be prepared.

Hope everyone in the path of this storm is doing ok!!
Old 01-09-24, 04:07 PM  
donnamp

I sure hope this lets me post - I have the feeling that VF may be going under sooner than we thought.

Anyway - I hope this posts!!

Yesterday I walked my dog and then in the evening I added on Jessica Valant - standing hip mobility and her basic lower body workout # 1. Which was just a basic series of lunges, squats, calf raises, deadlifts and step ups. I think going back to the basics is needed after being sick and also doing some lighter workouts in November and December.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valant - Beginner Hip Mobility

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - Maryland - Jenny announced that her Walk and Step Across the UK is coming out next week - so I wanted to "even up" my states - so I finished Disc 3 of Step Across America and Walk Across America so when I resume those I can pick up at Disc 4 for both. A little OCD on the organization there.

Trifecta Pilates - Back Mobility - this was nice to stretch out after step.

wishiwasinhawaii - we are in the midst of this storm right now - it is rain and wind - nasty but nothing terrible.

Pam - love that blast from the past, Ellen

Waves, Sherry

When do you think we should move our check in to VF Roost???

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 05:39 PM  
Leonana

Horrible time getting in today. I started a Jessica Smith thread at Tapatalk VF Roost. I’ll post both places until I can’t get in here anymore.

Waking at work today. I’d like to do a workout, but our friends are over, the husband is helping dh with some electrical work. I don’t know when I’ll get a chance to do it.

We had rain this weekend and it turned cold. Lows in the 30’s and highs in the 50’s. It’s cold weather for us.
Old 01-09-24, 07:58 PM  
Leonana

I was able to do a workout, Strengthen: Total Body PHA Circuit. PHA stands for Peripheral Heart Action. It builds muscular strength and aerobic capacity. It had three circuits of six moves, 20 reps each, with no rest in between. The third circuit is a bonus round, if you want to skip to the mobility at the end. Her description at the beginning of the workout stated that the research was done in 1940, but a 2015 study found it very effective. The original study was done in a gym with a minute rest between circuits. Jessica adapted it to a home workout, eliminated the minute rest, and increased the reps from 15 to 20. It definitely got my heart rate up and I was breathing heavy. I used eight pounds, which is my moderately heavy weight. Overall I liked it.
Old 01-10-24, 09:47 AM  
Leonana

In Pamela’s thread in GD, KateTT has volunteered to try and take over VF. I’ll be honest, I was pretty pessimistic. But there’s a chance! And I could get in this morning.

I’m going to still post at both forums, Tapatalk and here. I guess we just have to wait and see.
Old 01-10-24, 01:11 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I had my annual mammogram this morning - Anyway, now begins the wait for results.

Moving on - this morning I did:

Improved Health - Dynamic Cardio and Strength - this was a nice one - a bit like the Firm's AWT - you used weights for mainly upper body toning, but it was done at a cardio pace.

Jessica Valant - Beginner Upper Body Part 1 - this is just a nice straightforward upper body routine.

Jessica Valant - 10 min hips - I am finding that going through the "healthy hips" workouts is beneficial to me.

I am sorry for keeping it short - I hope everyone is doing well. I'm eating my lunch and have a call to get on in 15 min -

Sherry - that is great that someone has stepped forward!!

I will try my best to keep up in both places....Tapatalk is working well for me now that I'm getting used to it. I find it easier to use that format on my phone which is convenient.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-24, 05:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did Dean's yoga and another of Shannon's walks.

Because of all the snow, rain and quick melt into nothing we had water in the basement this morning in various locations. Living here for almost 10 years and I've never seen that amount of water that had percolated up from the ground to sit on the basement floors. Lucky we tiled the basement when we moved in and removed what carpeting there was a long time ago! I'd walked in the laundry room and the area rug was just soaked with water. At first I thought the hose on the washer had gone, but water was just sitting in the middle of the floor and on rug. Very odd. So, I've had fans running to dry out the areas.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-24, 11:55 PM  
Leonana

Today was walking at work and Jessica’s 10 Minute Mobility.

It’s low 30’s/low 50’s here. I hate being cold! It’s hard to hear our house, we have vaulted ceilings and ceramic tile. I’m now snuggled under the covers.

Pam, I’m sorry about the water in your basement.

Donna, I’m glad you got good news about your mammogram.
Old 01-11-24, 08:35 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

That was a wild storm we had on Tuesday night, but the worst of it only last maybe 10 minutes around 11pm last night with fierce wind and rain. It was scary, but at least that part of it was brief. We had no real problems here, other than some flooded roads.

I read there is another storm coming next week and that one looks like it will be snow.

As far as workouts, I did Jessica's Total Body Stamina last night. This one is a circuit that repeats twice, but I only did the first round of each, so the workout was only about 20 minutes long. Then I did Jog and Jive from the 5 Mix and Match Miles. Today is a rest day but I'll do something later.

Donna, I'm a bit overdue for my mammogram. I tried to make an appointment yesterday but they told me their computer system was down and to call back on Monday. The woman on the phone said she was told it won't be fixed until then.

Sherry, Wow, those temps must feel very cold to you! It's actually been in the 50s here lately, which is warm for this time of year, but it's supposed to get much colder next week.

Pam, I had a little puddle of water in my basement. I was surprised it wasn't more considering all the rain that fell. My basement is unfinished so it's just a concrete floor.