Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-13, 02:18 PM  
cyparris

Barre Concept Fitness Workout

Help! I know that some of you here have received the Barre Concept Fitness DVD from the UK. I just received mine this morning and my DVD player says it is restricted by region and it will not play on my DVD player. I've emailed Emma a couple of times with no response. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, did Emma resolve it for you? I had read the thread about the workout and how everyone loved it, so I couldn't wait to get it. Am very disappointed that it won't play, and more disappointed that I'm getting no response from them.
cyparris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 03:03 PM  
topfitmama

I think Emma may be on holiday or travelling for some other reasons. It appears she is in Australia for some reason or another.

Very possibly, Barre Concep DVDs are Pal and region 2. You may be able to get around that if you rip the DVD to your computer and make a new one. I use Freemake Video Converter, which is free and very easy to use (on a PC)

I hope you can solve the problem!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 03:54 PM  
cyparris

Thanks Topfitmama. I do have a DVD ripper program and I'll try it, but not optimistic that it will work. I know that several people here in the U.S. posted in the thread about having the video so I'm wondering why it plays for them but not for me. I'm hoping someone that has it here in the U.S. will respond.
Old 02-21-13, 04:03 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

The others must have multi-region players?? I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. The whole region thing is such a pain in the neck. You'd think the world could get together on this one thing!

Anyway, try playing it on your computer. Sometimes that works.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 04:12 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I let her know I was in the USA. If you may not have said that, she may have two different groups. Mine plays with no problem. I've emailed her and talked on Facebook. So trust she will reply, and yes, I do believe she is on holiday in Australia.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 04:15 PM  
cyparris

Thanks for the suggestion, Nuggie's Auntie! I just tried it on my laptop and it does play. I don't have a computer in my workout room, but I guess I can take my laptop there whenever I want to do this workout. Bummer that I can't play it on my big screen TV, but at least it plays. I'm still hoping they have a version that works in the U.S. on a DVD player, but at least I can view it.
Old 02-21-13, 04:17 PM  
cyparris

Thanks tytbody. What I did when I placed the order was to send her an email on the website and ask her if it played in the U.S. and if I had filled out the shipping info correctly. I never heard anything back. I paid thru paypal and printed out my receipt, but when I checked it looked like it hadn't gone thru and I thought the order hadn't gone thru. Hopefully, I'll hear back from her when she gets back to the UK.
Old 02-21-13, 04:21 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I'll write to her and see if she replys
mine plays on both my laptop and DVD player. I don't know if saying you can copy it on to your computer is an option but at least you won't have to wait for a replacement seeing as it's so far away. Just a thought.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 04:22 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Try googling your DVD player's brand name & model number to see if online instructions exist for converting your machine to region-free (region 0). That's what I've done with my Philips player and now I can play DVDs from anywhere in the world.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 05:13 PM  
cyparris

Thanks tytbody! Please let me know if you hear back from her. Lucky Star, I will google, but I have a very inexpensive Sony DVD player so I doubt it is programmable but I'll check. It would be great if it was that easy!

Tags
barre concepts