Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-11, 06:52 PM  
kirov2

Do you ever wish for...

...a piece of equipment that is completely impractical for you?!!!

Because of the storm in the Northeast, I find myself combing and surfing the 'Net in search of fitness-miracles. Over on QVC, I see two versions of an "ab coaster" or "ab glider" machine (from Montel Williams and E. Hasselbeck). But the machine weighs 60 pounds and I have nowhere to put it and I am hopeless at assembly!

I try to tell myself that I can do jack-knifes on a stability ball and get the same effect...but still long for that machine. (And if I got it, I'd soon be in search of something else!)

Is there anything that you're wishing for?
kirov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 07:10 PM  
buffmama

I want a rebounder. Have wanted it for a while. Don't want to shell out the money since I don't know how often I will use it. It takes up more space than I want right now. Oh yeah, and I'm scared DS would crack his head open on it. Needless to say, I'm waiting a few years....
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 07:17 PM  
hypnomoon

I'd like to get this...
www.rackworkout.com

But I know it would end up being a big let down. I have everything I need right here in my own home workout room to do this and much more.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 08:33 PM  
txfitmom

Some of the stuff I want is practical like a pilates reformer machine, always wanted one of those and I am pretty sure it would be a good thing to have or a rebounder, sounds like it would be good for cardio.

But then I see other stuff that I probably don't need like that Step 360 thing. It looks interesting, but not $100 interesting! So I had to talk myself out of that one.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 08:34 PM  
CharM

Yes, I want a pullup tower. I have no space for it now, but I want it anyway.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 08:42 PM  
IrishOT

I really want Cathe's STS rack and a barbell, but have absolutely no room in my tiny apartment for them. I also really want Insanity Asylum, but don't think there is enough space in my workout area to use the ladder. So they are on my "When we finally get a house" List.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 10:07 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Yes, I want a pullup tower. I have no space for it now, but I want it anyway.
I would so love a tower. I would gladly throw the couch out to make room for a tower but it would cause a revolt in the potato sector LOL
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 03:50 AM  
PhyllisG

No I really don't like any equipment that takes up space. I had a pilates reformer and sold it. Never used it. A friend lent me her Total Gym and I could not give it back to her fast enough. I was up early today and saw the Malibu Pilates chair infomercial and I was not impressed. A mat, stability ball, barbell, dumbells and a step. That is it. I hate space hogs. How many people have posted that they bought Cathe's tower and still haven't unpacked it.!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 04:41 AM  
juberann

Over the years, I have bought (and gotten rid of) more equipment and gadgets then I want to admit to ThighMaster thingy, all the FIRM equipment (except for the WAVE, never caved on that). I bought a Fluidity Bar and while I have nothing bad to say about it, it is a VERY well made piece of equipment, but it is very large and heavy and I seriously had nowhere to put the thing so I sold it. I think we are all quilty of purchasing equipment we will never use and/or found to be just another silly gimmick. I did this for years but I got over that. I realize all I really *need* are my free weights and my DVD player (because I workout to videos). I keep it very simple now although I still have my TransFIRMer (that I use with non-FIRM workouts now) and will never part with it. Other then that, I have successfully been able to pass up many of the most current gadgets and miracle answers (my last big disappointment was the Bean, remember that thing?).
It's SO freeing to know there are no miracle gadgets and while I would'nt mind having a Spinning bike, I know I don't NEED one to get (and stay) fit
Old 10-30-11, 04:44 AM  
juberann

Oh yeah, my nice thick Yoga mat is another thing I will never, ever part with