Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-12, 05:03 PM  
Getfit

CoreBody Reformer

I saw this infomercial today and I was wondering does anybody have this and if so what are your thoughts? http://www.corebodyreformer.com/core...s/homepage.jsp I wish they sold the DVDs separately because I still have the foam roller from Karen Voight Sleek Essentials. I guess I will wait until I find the system at Goodwill, Savers or Craigslist
Old 11-18-12, 05:38 PM  
Gancho Girl

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed here before - quick search shows yes, it has! There's a review on the second page: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=173444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getfit View Post
I wish they sold the DVDs separately because I still have the foam roller from Karen Voight Sleek Essentials. I guess I will wait until I find the system at Goodwill, Savers or Craigslist
I'm not sure if just using a foam roller would work, as the CoreBody Reformer has bands/cords attached to it, and I'm not sure how you could easily do that with a foam roller. Beyond big ole staples...

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 01:38 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I saw the original thread the first time around and was slightly intrigued, but remember thinking...I am *not* paying that much for a foam roller with pulleys. Not sure what has changed my mind, but now I am really interested. I am thinking this would be a good addition to walking and juberann's recent slow burn thread. Hmmm...
Old 11-19-12, 07:43 AM  
horsemom2

I saw the thing lifting up and moving around during the commercial so do not think it is all that perfected. It reminded me of the cable gadget JB Berns sold that was a great concept but didn't have a smooth pulley system. I love my toys but am passing on this one.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 02:19 PM  
kirov2

I have had the CBR for about a year now, and I still use it regularly. I remember thinking at the time that maybe $150 would be a fair price for it -- as I recall, I paid a lot more than that. If you are beginner to high intermediate, and if you love band workouts and balance challenges, then I think you'd like this. However, if you're a serious plyo-kettlebeller and the like, it's probably not going to have enough resistance for you (I think the max resistance it can be set-to is 9 pounds). I love the feeling of band workouts and of being able to use pushing movements as well as lifting and pulling movements in strength training. I do see muscle development, but I was also using this as part of a rotation with Cathe's turbobarre. I think you can improvise with bands and a foam roller for some of this and skip the expense, but, yes, I'm still glad that I bought mine, and I still use it! I do wish they'd come out with more workouts, but it looks like there finally is a new Core DVD. Also, Emma Newham has a youtube video where she demonstrates a lot of exercises on a similar piece of equipment. Mine was pretty sturdy, and I did call CS early on (about an issue that could have been my fault/misuse), and CS was super-nice and helpful. Have a look on youtube at Core Fitness Roller Workout Demonstration by Emma Newham, and you might have a better idea of whether it's for you or not!

Last edited by kirov2; 11-19-12 at 02:26 PM. Reason: more info
kirov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 04:11 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for the follow up Kirov! Glad to know you are still using yours and the YouTube video you mentioned is helpful.
Old 11-19-12, 05:31 PM  
Getfit

Thanks a bunch Kirov, for your response. I am really interested in the reformer. I will check out the youtube videos.
Old 11-19-12, 05:36 PM  
alisoncooks

So funny this comes up again. When I saw the thread title I thought, "Wasn't this talked about last Thanksgiving!?"

(I *distinctly* have the memory of using the hotel's Wifi to watch the infomercial. More than once. )
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 05:41 PM  
Getfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
So funny this comes up again. When I saw the thread title I thought, "Wasn't this talked about last Thanksgiving!?"

(I *distinctly* have the memory of using the hotel's Wifi to watch the infomercial. More than once. )
LOL, I just saw it for the 1st time last week and I was intrigued by it. I thought it was a new release.

Tags
core body reformer, corebody reformer