Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-12, 11:42 PM  
seapd33

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post

Shawn will be a hard one to beat. I think the final 3 will include Shawn and Gilles, but I'm still not sure about the third spot - I'm going back and forth between a couple of the others. It's hard to call this season.
I want Emmitt and Giles, not sure yet about the third person

Suzette
seapd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 11:32 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
I like Kirstey too! She has a positive attitude and she really pushes herself. You can tell that she's really trying and shes a bit older than the other celebrities in the competition.

I remember Melissa being better last time. All that bouncing and smiling...sometimes you just need to give different expressions while dancing. But then I realized, shes the only non performer there so that's probably why her weakness in that area is coming out. I do think that she has a lot of potential and would probably have been better if Derek was her partner.
Kirstie is a great performer.

I think Derek is the best one at showcasing his partner's strengths and trying to hide their weaknesses. He also knows how to make flashy dances that appeal to TV audiences that might not know a lot about ballroom but know what entertains them. It also helps that he is a versatile dancer that can dance styles outside of ballroom.
Old 10-30-12, 04:11 PM  
spotted zebra

Looks like maybe Kelly might be the one to go home this week? But what a week! I really enjoyed the dances and kudos to Apolo and Sabrina for their breakthrough moments. Could Apolo and Katrina's dance have been any more beautiful and touching? Wow. Nice to see Sabrina do something different and deliver a moving performance. Before this week I thought we'd seen all of what Sabrina had to give but apparently not. Melissa's dance and solo absolutely beautiful too. So nice to see Melissa do what she does so well. Gilles was as great as ever, and Emmitt was super entertaining. Kelly's dance this week was better than last week's though I found it a bit chaotic at times too. Shawn was great and I loved Derek's choreography. Kirstie was completely mesmerizing and moved beautifully... It's a shame anyone has to go home because no one did badly.

And what a fun group dance to this week's country theme!

Can't wait til next week's fusion dances! I love how DWTS is really stepping things up this season.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-12, 04:33 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Kirstie is a great performer.

I think Derek is the best one at showcasing his partner's strengths and trying to hide their weaknesses. He also knows how to make flashy dances that appeal to TV audiences that might not know a lot about ballroom but know what entertains them. It also helps that he is a versatile dancer that can dance styles outside of ballroom.
Agreed. I really don't like Melissa at all. I don't think she's such a great dancer...I think she's really stiff and has very awkward hip action. I'm kind of tired of Tony as well. I have seen him compete on PBS in the National Ballroom Competition and he was amazing the year he won for best Latin dancer. He seems sweet, but I don't think his choreography is anything special, even when he has a dancer with some talent.

I love Val, but I agree that Kelly may go home tonight. She is also quite stiff and has such an unpleasant look on her face when she dances that it's hard to watch her.

I loved Sabrina's dance and choked up when I saw that Louis was choked up. He really deserves having such a great partner this year. I've seen him choreograph dances on SYTYCD. He's a talented guy.

Even though I think Shawn is very talented, I think it may come down to Gilles and Sabrina, but who knows.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-12, 04:50 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
Agreed. I really don't like Melissa at all. I don't think she's such a great dancer...I think she's really stiff and has very awkward hip action. I'm kind of tired of Tony as well. I have seen him compete on PBS in the National Ballroom Competition and he was amazing the year he won for best Latin dancer. He seems sweet, but I don't think his choreography is anything special, even when he has a dancer with some talent.

I love Val, but I agree that Kelly may go home tonight. She is also quite stiff and has such an unpleasant look on her face when she dances that it's hard to watch her.

I loved Sabrina's dance and choked up when I saw that Louis was choked up. He really deserves having such a great partner this year. I've seen him choreograph dances on SYTYCD. He's a talented guy.

Even though I think Shawn is very talented, I think it may come down to Gilles and Sabrina, but who knows.
Sabrina may have done her best dance this week, but I'll be really shocked if it were to come down to Gilles and Sabrina in the end. I just don't see it. I don't think anyone can fault Melissa for being a bit stiff just now what with her injury.
Old 10-30-12, 05:48 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Last night's show was great. Everyone did pretty good. I liked Melissa's, Sabrina's, and Apolo's dances the best. Shawn's was good until her solo. Gilles was a little off. I haven't liked his last two dances. Last week, I blame Peta since she was the one that choreographed a rumba with too many leg lifts. This week, his feet and hands were not right.

Kelly does better when she has more practice. Kirstie keeps getting better even though she's still not on the same level as other dancers. Last week, she did the quick step moves but the tempo was slow. But I don't care what Len said, I think she moved her hips pretty good in the rhumba last night. I didn't like Emmitt's foxtrot but he was having a blast during his solo.
Old 10-30-12, 07:28 PM  
jerebo

I wish I could put my finger on why, but Sabrina just bugs me the wrong way. I first started watching DWTS the season she was on, and I remember that I disliked her then. Again, I can't say exactly what it is that I don't like.

I've been surprised by Kelly Monaco so far; though I didn't watch her season, at one point, I caught up with all of the seasons I'd missed (thank goodness for youtube!) and found that she was not a great dancer. I've liked her partnership with Val and wouldn't mind seeing her around a bit longer, even if she isn't as good a dancer as the others. But I think the chances of that aren't great.

I feel kind of bad about hoping for Sabrina to go home even though I know she's one of the better dancers . With apologies to any Sabrina fans out there.
Old 10-30-12, 07:48 PM  
spotted zebra

Tonight's elimination is supposed to be a surprising one... I'm almost afraid to see who it will be. With so many people on the east coast unable to watch Monday night's dances and vote, anything could happen.
Old 10-30-12, 08:15 PM  
kirov2

I'm very disappointed to see this particular couple voted off...I can't seem to grasp that the show is entertainment-based...I keep wanting to see the best dancers win. I may need to watch professional ballroom (if that still exists anymore on TV).
kirov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-12, 08:18 PM  
suegy3

I wasn't terribly surprised about the bottom this week if it were one or the other. I am just surprised that both of those people were in the bottom.

I didn't like Sabrina the first time she was on and was glad when she was voted off. She seemed very full of herself and her dancing with Mark didn't help matters. I do think that she's an excellent dancer but she often dances too hard.

I don't get the love fest for Emmitt. I think that he's a so so dancing and I think that he's overscored most of the time. I didn't see his performance this week though.

I thought that Kelly was better when the season first started but I love her and Val together.

Next week should be good!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dancing with the stars, dwts