Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-23, 07:57 AM  
Negin

Cathe - I have an itch to place an order

Based on recommendations from you wonderful ladies here, I'm about to order her glute bands - and, since she's offering 15-30% off more items - I'm wondering if I should order, and if so, what.

I already have:
Pure Strength
X-Train Burn Sets - Disc 3

I'm embarrassed to say that I've barely used either. Too many choices and too little time. I plan on using them soon once again.

I'm 55 and am not interested in:
Step
High-intensity
Jumping around workouts

I prefer:
Strength
Nothing overly complicated or advanced
No push-ups, or, at the very least, few of them
Nothing too fast and intense

I have to be honest here. Cathe has often intimidated me. i just completed Caroline Girvan's Iron series and loved it like you wouldn't believe. That will be part of my regular rotation from here on out.

Mind you, I don't have to get a strength workout. I'm open to pretty much anything that's low-impact. She has so many options. I feel overwhelmed, and would love to hear what your favorites of hers are. Thank you!
Old 09-12-23, 09:10 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

If you love CG Iron, you would also like the STS 2.0 Strength workouts. They are slower paced and easy to modify heavier or lighter or use different equipment. The three leg workouts - Lower Body 1, Lower Body 2, and Parts Legs & Shoulders are straight forward and uncomplicated. These are my all time favorite leg workouts to date. The Upper Body 1 and Upper Body 2 workouts use resistance tubing as an option but modifications to use dumbbells or a barbell are also demonstrated. The Parts workouts use mainly weights with resistance finishers (but modifications are also shown). I can’t rave enough about STS 2.0! It is hands down one of the best heavier weight programs out there.

I’m doing the CG Iron 2 program in the app now. I just finished Day 3 this morning. Love it so far! They are 30-39 minutes long and comparable to the You Tube Iron 1 program. It was an adjustment going back to 15-30 second rests from the minute or two rests during STS 2.0 but I’m getting used to it.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-23, 10:58 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I would also recommend her STS 2.0 Strength workouts. Depending on what you feel you would use more of either the Total Body workouts or the Lower/Upper Split workouts. All the strength workouts in this particular series are my favorites.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-23, 01:08 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I only have the 3 total body ones, and I think they fit your desires. She does no push ups in any of the 3. She does do triceps dips in the warm up on one of them, but you can skip the move or warm up the triceps with light weights instead.

She uses the red band (the type with handles) to warm up the back muscles in most of them, but they don't cost much. You could also use a towel, but it would not stretch as well.

I have a lot of Cathe's weight workouts, but these are already a favorite because they are plain weight lifting and low rep.

I once had STS Meso 3, and I like these a lot better.
Old 09-12-23, 01:48 PM  
prettyinpink

I agree that you might like the STS 2.0 total body workouts. I like Supersets the best of the three, and Giant Sets least. Giant Sets felt the most intense of the three to me, although I do like that it includes so many hip thrusts, since Cathe has not usually included hip thrusts in her workouts.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-23, 01:49 PM  
prettyinpink

And I just saw Cathe has another preorder up for 4 DVDs, though this set is already filmed.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-23, 01:57 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
And I just saw Cathe has another preorder up for 4 DVDs, though this set is already filmed.
The Total Body Barbell and Killer Legs look interesting. Nice not to have to wait months and months for these ones! She mentioned shipping will be in December.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-23, 05:29 AM  
Negin

Thank you all so much! I'll be placing an order soon, since we'll be stateside in just over a week. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I’m doing the CG Iron 2 program in the app now.
Kathy, I wish so much that I could get the CG app, but, as my daughter kindly reminded me, I'm really not an app-type. I wish that Caroline offered regular streaming like Ellen, Jessica, and all the others. I want ease of use and something to play from my desktop.
Old 09-13-23, 05:40 AM  
Negin

Is this the STS 2.0 Strength Workout? I want to make sure that I order the right set.
Old 09-13-23, 06:12 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Is this the STS 2.0 Strength Workout? I want to make sure that I order the right set.
This is the one they are talking about
https://shop.cathe.com/Cathe-STS-2-0...gram-s/207.htm
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan iron, cathe, low-impact, strength traiining