Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-14, 11:37 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Although, all the schlepping around of the hard drive from my PC to my laptop sounds a tad more work than just popping a dvd in. Oh well, I'm old and hate change, lol,.
You could try streaming from your saved videos on your desktop to your laptop. https://plex.tv/downloads
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 12:24 PM  
horsemom2

Jessica is asking for those who want Walk On Tone your Trouble Zones on a dvd to speak up. If enough interest is shown, she may offer a DVD.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 12:37 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post
You could try streaming from your saved videos on your desktop to your laptop. https://plex.tv/downloads
Thanks again. I didn't realize Plex could do that - steam saved videos from one device to another. I'm learning a lot today!

I have Plex on our Roku for our living room tv. I don't use it for YT, because I don't like working out in the living room (I have PF in one foot and the ceramic tile aggravates it). When I downloaded it, I only read the parts about Roku, and skipped over all the rest.
Old 03-08-14, 01:19 PM  
horsemom2

Alittle off topic but I had to comment about PF.
I have seen tremendous improvement in my PF since following ShaunT's advice to keep my toes spread apart.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 02:08 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Alittle off topic but I had to comment about PF.
I have seen tremendous improvement in my PF since following ShaunT's advice to keep my toes spread apart.

Barb S
Thanks, I'll try that. I noticed my foot getting a little sore again recently.
Old 03-08-14, 03:45 PM  
donnamp

Ok - this is a really silly question - and goes to show you how little I have advanced into the 21st century!

How do downloads work? Are they just stored on the hard drive of your computer or device and then you just play them back from your computer or device?

If you wanted to make an "archive" copy -say on a DVR - could you?

And, here's another silly question - for streaming workout sites - like barre3 - my assumption is you pay a monthly fee and have a user name/password which then enables you to access the site like you would You Tube?

Sorry - I really need to come out of the dark ages.

I do hope Jessica puts the toning walk on DVD as that is my preferred format!

Where do we go to request that?

Sorry for so many questions!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 04:05 PM  
txfitmom

If anybody finds out how to vote for Jessica to make that one DVD let us know. I definitely would rather have DVDs. I just noticed Jessica has new body type workout plans!!!!!

She just posted the schedule for an apple shape. I think she will be posting a new shape each week. I am a pear so have to wait until March 15th before it is posted.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 05:20 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
I can't get it to work. I have the Plex App, and that works for the Roku. However, I download the Plex Media Server, and it will not open. I've reinstalled it more than once, and nada. I did a search and other people have the same issue. I think I'm giving up at this point. But thanks for the idea.
Old 03-08-14, 06:18 PM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I can't get it to work. I have the Plex App, and that works for the Roku. However, I download the Plex Media Server, and it will not open. I've reinstalled it more than once, and nada. I did a search and other people have the same issue. I think I'm giving up at this point. But thanks for the idea.
That's very frustrating My DH is currently using the Windows computer so I can't check on this right now. I read that for some reason the complete file probably isn't downloading. So I suggest trying to download from an alternate safe website. If you even want to try that again. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/plex.html
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 07:37 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
That's very frustrating My DH is currently using the Windows computer so I can't check on this right now. I read that for some reason the complete file probably isn't downloading. So I suggest trying to download from an alternate safe website. If you even want to try that again. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/plex.html
Thanks, I'll try that. I apologize if my frustration came through! I thought it was something to do with my computer, but perhaps not. I'll try it later when I'm more zen, lol.

Tags
downloadable workouts, downloads, jessica smith, tech