Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-24, 02:39 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

FitChicks NEW 2024

Just getting us started for the year!

Still working out to Caroline plus some Chris Dorner on YouTube and of course, Miss Cathe!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 09:49 PM  
Jules

Thanks for starting a new thread, Kate. We need a fresh start for 2024!

I just did Caroline's Fuel #4 PHA Total Body. Talk about intense! I had to take a break before the last set of Makers b/c my heart rate was through the roof! I followed up with the Short & Sweet routine from Travis' Flexibility & Beyond. Ahhhh. I had a bad tension headache last night and also leg cramps. Trying to hydrate today.

It is going to be a very busy weekend for us. My daughter has a Speech & Debate tournament in town and my son is playing in 2 basketball games. We got some snow and the roads are bad so my husband and I will be sharing the chauffeuring duties - both early morning and late night. My son wants us all to ski on Sunday but there still isn't that much snow on the ski hill. The Montana Griz football team is playing in the national championship game on Sunday afternoon and I really want to watch even though they are considered to be the underdog team and will probably lose.

Have a great weekend! I plan to do Fuel #5 for sure and also do some cardio on the other days. I have been playing some fun VR games that burn calories like Beat Saber, Audio Trip, and Les Mills BodyCombat.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 11:51 PM  
fatkat555

Yay!!

New year, new thread!

Too bad I have absolutely nothing to report other than walking my dogs. Feeling much better, but still very tired.

I’ve been using the downtime to peruse old dvds… I have several (mostly Cathe) on my wishlist.

I don’t think I’ll be out of the exercise game much longer.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 01:36 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!! Glad to see you!!!

Jules: do you know which of Caroline's workouts are the heaviest? I'm loving Epic III - very heavy and workouts about 40-45 min. But I'd love to try going heavier.

Fatkat: I sure hope you feel better and better every day! What Cathe's are you looking for?

Hoping for NO SNOW here but I think we'll get a little, like an inch. I am SOOOOO over snow this year. I don't want any.

Today I did Cathe's newest Live 476 - another Strong & Fit, this time Biceps and Triceps. So good and lots of variety. Moderate to heavy. I used 8s for warmup up to 12-15s. Like working on the ball and even a bit with the loop. Fun and it was a good upper body day!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 01-05-24, 11:56 PM  
fatkat555

Kate - I’m looking at her old step/cardio workouts. I really avoid the fancy fast footwork and that’s a huge mistake to do so. So, it looks fun but I’ll have to start without a step for sure.

Checking in with KCM Timesaver Strength, Functional Srength. Wow, I was sucking wind at the end of the 15 minutes. It’s hard to say if it’s the 14-day layoff or if I’m still not quite 100 percent. I’ll be keeping it low and slow to come back into it.

Random question: Have either of you ladies tried Yoga Elementals with Tony G. from Udaya? It’s a USB, but I could use my laptop to view it. It looks really good.

Have a great weekend!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-07-24, 10:17 AM  
fatkat555

I’m on a roll!

I did KCM Timesaver Sculpt, Intervals last night. I was able to sustain the cardio better and didn’t feel as out of sorts afterward. Slow, steady, consistent, and I’ll work my way back.

Old 01-07-24, 01:19 PM  
Jules

Fatkat: Glad you are able to work out again! I bet you will be back to normal by next week. Cathe's older step routines are fun with happy music. I love Step Blast, Rhythmic Step, the IMaxes, and the Body Maxes.

Kate: I don't know which CG series features the heaviest weights, but I would stay away from Fuel and Heat which are more endurance-based. 2Lazy posted a 12 week CAROLINE GIRVAN STRENGTH & MUSCLE BUILDING ROTATION that is a mix of heavy workouts and your choice of cardio. https://2lazy4gym.com/2022/08/08/car...ding-rotation/

We got about 5 inches of snow last night and we are supposed to get a lot more this week, but that will come with sub-zero temps. Hopefully the ski hills will be in good shape after this week. My son wants to ski today, but the Griz game starts soon. He will have to do Shovel Max instead!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 11:34 PM  
fatkat555

Jules - snow!! I grew up with it, but we don’t get hardly any down here. It’s pretty when it falls though.

I’m starting on an earache now. Just clogged now, and I’m hoping by morning it’ll drain.

Despite that I did FitPrime Kickbutt 6 Day Trainer, Bootcamp.

Old 01-08-24, 10:37 PM  
fatkat555

Checking in with KCM Timesaver Strength, Lower Body and Rodney Yee Yoga for Your Week, PM. I’m up to 35 minutes of exercise so I think I’m finally starting to feel better. Still have some congestion but I think it’s breaking up now.

Old 01-10-24, 09:41 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI girls!!!
So.......I did it....I emailed Pam about helping with the VF site. It may be over my head but I had to try. I'd hate to see this forum close. We'll see.

Yesterday I found a fun CDorner cardio workout. 50 Min Cardio Aerobics Fast Moving Mashup. She mixed several types of cardio from other workouts. It was cool. She added on some barre cardio and barre arms which was ok. Good tunes, lots of energy.
I found some more of her more basic step workouts too.

Today I am planning on my Caroline. Epic 3 Day 18 All Arms and Abs.

We got about 4-5 inches of snow also. I'm SOOO glad it wasn't more. I am starting to really not like shoveling.

Jules: thanks for the link. I guess I could also just reach out to Caroline. I love her workouts!

Fatkat: I sure hope you start feeling better soon. Hope no bad weather comes your way.