Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-23, 01:03 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

so Saturday I started a new level of TA. Did it yesterday as well but was more sore than I wanted to be today so I did a Jacqulyn Umoff workout from her app (gentle barre) then added on 15 min of yoga.

hi buzzer, ebianco and lucie!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-23, 10:18 PM  
Buzzer

Let's see...
Friday I did Tapp hit the floor twice... once pretty crappily, once with more gusto.
Saturday I ice skated for 90 minutes with LB... not crazy "I'm ice skating!!!" but more like "Oh, look over there. I'll ice skate to it leisurely"
Sunday I skipped working out.
Monday (today!) I ran 2.3 miles, then did Ttapp hit the floor with gusto!!!!

I have trouble working out when I'm away. The room was hot and cramped, and LB was still asleep. Sunday I started a pilates, but we were on the top floor of the hotel and it was so stinking HOT. I opened the windows the 3-4" they would open, and it did nothing. I turned down the heat but it was still at 72 degrees. Too hot for me!!

I did do Ttapp hit the floor on Friday, which was good. The first time I did it just inside the front door to the hotel room, and while I was doing it I was imagining everyones feet coming in, plus the bathroom stuff being dragged on the floor, and I just couldn't do a good workout. PLUS there just wasn't room! So when LB woke up, I did it at the end of the beds and had some space between the beds to work in. So I did better.

Today I ran... last week I turned up the speed .1 mph, and today I turned it up ANOTHER .1! I know it's only .2 mph faster than two weeks ago, but .2 mph is .2 mph. I am getting better. It was a good run. I have one more run in this series, then I don't know what I will do. I will have to find another series of 27-ish minute runs! I love Tommy and hope I can stick with him.

After my run I did my Ttapp, and did it well. I can't say that I am doing well with the core bracing, however I will get better. I am not 100% with Teresa, but I will get there. I am doing my best for where I am right now.

This nootropic I'm taking is sure helping. I am really loving it! I got some new "motivation" and also got some "confidence" so I'll see how that one works for me. the reviews I'm reading, people who like "motivation" also like "confidence". DH gave me his sample pack again, so I also have "creativity" and "clarity", so I may try those again. I really REALLY love the motivation! I am getting so much done. I can't believe it's working for me. I was so skeptical. They don't work for DH, so we are still trying to find what works for him. I am feeling like I'm unstuck. Like, everything I was stuck on, I am no longer stuck. I am able to move forward. It's hard to explain, but I am feeling like that big wall that was always in front of me both energy wise and brain wise is gone. It's interesting and I hope it lasts!!

Eventmom: I kinda want to try some of my TA's again. I need something to take off the bulk and stretch, and you know, TA and the "teeny tiny" may have been controversial, however that's the reason I tried her. I don't want to be bulky, however I also don't want to lose my strength. I am still figuring things out. I am a bit jealous at how you stick with her though! She really is good when you get into her!

Ebianco: I'm glad you popped back in! Time does get away though. I get that for sure!

We had a great trip to Chadron. My nephew graduated, and he right away had a job interview today and got the job!!! He is moving fast and it's great. He's a fantastic kid though, so he totally deserves all of the fortune coming his way. We had a blast driving, looking at barns and cows, and fields, oh and we stopped and saw a "carhenge" which was really awesome!! We shopped at Menards, which I have drooled over the site but have never been there... it was so cool. I loved it. We ended up with all of our plans falling through Saturday night, so instead of going home then backtracking to my sisters house on Sunday, we stayed in Loveland on Saturday night. We went ice skating, then looked at the Christmas lights, then ate dinner together. It was amazing and fun and just.... so great. We had such a great time.

So yesterday we finally drove home. LB was so exhausted! We made pierogis all day yesterday at my sisters. It was a busy 4 days, but worth it!!! So glad to be home!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-23, 10:38 AM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.02 miles... DONE!
Hit the floor... stopped about 15 minutes into it... DONE.

The run was... OK. my legs were sore! Tired! I walked twice for a minute each, and ended up doing a -6% incline instead of -3%. I kept up the speed which I gained last run, so that was good! I want to increase my speed, then I will work on bringing the incline up. My legs were sore, I don't know if that was because of my run yesterday, or because of HTF yesterday. Either way, my legs weren't so happy. I finished the run though, and that is always my goal.

HTF was OK, but I wanted to stretch more. I did the first section, then when she did the frogs, I just laid on my back and stretched. I stretched for a while, then just shut it off. I needed a good stretch!

Yesterday was a kinda at home day. I got wrapping gifts done, I got my nephew who starts his new job after the first of the year a 23' timeline of world history map, and cleaned. Lots to do. I can't believe Christmas is less than a week away! I haven't done everything I want to do before it's here! We have a lot of lights to go look at. We are going to go to karate this evening, so we'll stop at lights before or after karate today.

Waves to everyone, I am glad to be getting workouts in!!! My series ended today, so I'm not sure what I will do now. I love Tommy, and need to find another walking series with him. I scheduled a Hawaii walk tomorrow, then I'll see where I end up. I love the series', and am so disappointed when one is done!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-19-23, 01:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - back to TA day of this level then 10 min gina b walk

I'm out of sorts with grading, unhappy students, and my old department wanting me to come back to teach a course. I finally passed on teaching it but it was an emotional process

buzzer - yeah t-tapp! It's definitely great to pair with running. I almost pulled one out yesterday. I don't think I have hit the floor. It's tough to keep up the workouts when you are traveling. even harder with a kid to wrangle. TA - yeah I definitely liked the get smaller aspect of TA. I think she works best when you think of it as overtraining so sprinkling in a day once in a while probably doesn't do much but using her workouts for a week then off to other things might be worth a try.

hi ebianco & lucie!
Old 12-21-23, 10:16 AM  
Buzzer

15 minutes of disc 1 Pilates for Men... kinda done.
Ran 2.3 miles... DONE!
Pilates for men disc 1.. .DONE!

Yesterday was a tough day. I felt so... puffy. Like, my body was filled with water. It was awful! I went out to run, however LB and DH were both out there and I didn't want to turn on the big fan and bother them. Besides, I felt waterlogged. So I went into my workout room and thought I'd do PFM. I made it through maybe 1/2 of it and just couldn't. I felt like I had about 3" of water all around my body. I couldn't feel any muscles working, I just felt awful. It was even to the point where LB saw my hands and asked me why my fingers were so big and swollen. I have no idea. I stretched in the house while watching Christmas movies, and it helped. So half the day I felt like crap, the other half I felt better.

Last night I didn't sleep well, but man, what vivid dreams! I tried the "confidence" pills yesterday, and I don't know if that's what did it or if I just had a weird night. I took them again today so I'll see if that happens again! So weird.

Anyhow, this morning I was up at 4am, raring to go. I started my workout at 6, and ran! I ran my faster pace (faster for me right now), and it felt good. I took 3-one minute breaks where I just stepped side to side. I don't know why I needed the breaks. I just did. I think I needed to relax because after I do a break I feel like the pace is slower (even though it's the same setting on the treadmill). I walked through Alii Road in Hawaii. It was fun! The guy did a lot of Hawaii history. He was a guy I have never trained with, and he was OK. He called me "bro" a few times, but whatever. The history was good. He did crack me up with some of the pronunciations he did of Hawaii things. I am not perfect though so although I laughed, I couldn't judge!

After I did Pilates for Men again. I did the planks on my knees, but worked on the form. I used my band I got from Walmart that looks like an X, and kinda cheated. But I did well, and could feel my muscles. After my check in, I am going to stretch some more.

My house is actually looking nice! This motivation is really... motivating me! HA! I decided yesterday to get rid of stuff that is just sitting in the house, that we can move to the workout room or garage. Like the dog steps that we need for the car, they went to the cars. The sewing machine that was sitting in a plastic bin by the front door... in the garage. Suitcases? In the workout room. I mean, why am I displaying these things? I feel like things are changing for the good now. I really hope so!!

Eventmom: I love right now that the Ttapp I chose is stretching and abs. I really feel like I need to work on both of those. That's why I'm doing PFM also... to stretch and get abs. I am rotating my DVD's to display the pilates, Ttapp, yoga, and classical stretch type workouts. I am backing off my heavy weights, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought I'd cry and long for them, but I am actually OK with this. I really feel like my body needs this break! Plus I want to lose inches, and although muscle burns fat, it also bulks me up and keeps the fat over the muscles. Time for me to change it up.

I was looking at TA also. There are a few moves in PFM that remind me of some TA moves, so I was thinking I should add her in. However, I have to be careful not to over train myself after running! I am still wanting to run every day. I am enjoying the shorter but more frequent runs.

Ebianco and Lucie... HI!!! Otis has been favoring his leg... the one he broke when he was a puppy. So DH is keeping him in the garage with him while he works, and taking him out on a leash. Eugene's tail has been down, so I feel like he's uncomfortable. He is limping someone on a back leg also. I checked his surgery/staph area, and it looks GREAT. his tail has been down though, and I am worried about him. We have to work on repopulating his gut more too. Strange how both of them are falling apart at the same time. Otis still wants to run though! He's like a wind up toy, if he's been unable to get that energy out, he is a nut case at the end of the day running around our house! And we don't have room for him to run! HA!

I did get Otis a new dog bed of his very own. He chewed up his old one, which was my favorite dog bed. I laid on it before LB it was so comfy. So I made him use this undersized dog bed I had for years. Now, he's 4, and I got him a grown up dog bed like Eugenes. He was starting to steal Eugene's bed, so I got him his own. It's so cute to see them laying side by side on their beds They make me so happy.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-21-23, 04:39 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday- TA day 4 + 15 min of her dance aerobics
today - I was achy yesterday / this am so I did a Jacquelyn Umoff workout and added on ttapp lympatic walk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrlG...a_C47V&index=4

buzzer - I think you're mentioned ttapp got thinking about ttapp! great job on your house. Mine is well not good. I'm finally done with teaching and I'm just not interested in anything except riding my horses. So that does not take 8 hours so I ought to be getting something done around the house. good for you on the ttapp, pilates, CS, sounds like a good way to shake up your workout routine.

waves ebianco & lucie!
Old 12-24-23, 03:03 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas!

Friday not up for meta so I did perfect design 2 (wt h?)
Yesterday - day 5 ta no time for cardio
today - 30 min essentrics stretch

it rained so I can't ride today.

DD and her BF came over today - we cooked. It was nice.

hope you all have a fun, loving, happy holiday!

Terrie
Old 12-27-23, 03:35 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

to keep our thread from falling off vf

Monday - day 6 TA + TA popstar
yesterday- margaret richard 40 and fabulous
today - day 7 TA + 25 min of DC 1.3

waves to all of you!
Old 12-27-23, 08:07 PM  
Buzzer

Ran on the treadmill pretty much every day except Christmas Day... DONE!
did a DDP yoga (the core one), did another one today (part of the "fat burning" one)... DONE!
Pilates for Men, disc 2 which is mostly upper body... DONE! Although I snapped myself in the heinie when a band broke doing this one!!!

So I ran and I ran!!! Today I crossed 300 miles for the year! I ran 2.5 miles today, then did DDP fat burning. I did it more as a stretch than as a whatever he does. I did a lot of down dogs, stretching my spine, and up dogs. It was actually really fun and good! I really need to stretch more. Plus strengthen my core. I am finding that moving the energy out of my shins and calves when I run is making it come from my core more, and that is really, really not in shape for it. I am running 2 - 2.5 miles, however I stop for about a minute anywhere from 2 times to 4 or 5 times during the mileage. not necessarily because I don't have the air for it anymore, but because I have plenty of air (thanks lipo in my throat!) however my body isn't doing it as well!!! I don't feel winded at ALL, but my body needs to catch up to my air intake now. I love it though! I do feel like I can breathe better.

I did the pilates for men upper body since I really haven't lifted in a while. It was great until I was doing a French press with the band behind me and it BROKE!!! Smacked me in the heinie. Better than smacking me in the face or the eye though! I am reminded why I do not like bands. I really don't like them!!!

DDP yoga has actually been good since it's short. It confuses me since he calls everything something else, like child's pose is like safety pose. So it's confusing and I have to watch him. He is energetic and interesting. I dunno if I can do a lot of DDP, but it's stretching and not woo woo so it's good for right now.

Today I met a friend that I worked out with around 2000-2005ish. We met 3 times a week and lifted together. It was so much fun!! I haven't seen her in so long, but when I saw her it was like I just saw her yesterday. I just LOVE her. We spent about 2 hours talking, and LB read. I had the best time catching up with her! She retired about 15 years ago and is lonely, so LB and I vowed to try to call her to do things or hang out whenever we can. It was so nice to see her and chat. She asked me questions I hadn't thought of about my life, and kinda made me pause at a few things. She is really good for that! I forgot she had that talent. She's not one to hold back, and asks hard questions on a friendly way where you sit there and think "huh. I hadn't thought of that. Give me a minute."

Anyhow, she was fun and I am so glad to reconnect with her! LB came with me, however I kinda wished she didn't. I held back a bit with some things, so we had to keep the conversation kid friendly. HA! Not that we get raunchy, however we do discuss deeper topics that probably wouldn't be too kid friendly. Like her ex-husband and her kids kinda things

So I am on the wagon, just haven't been checking in. I don't know why! I think I have been off the computer and watching Christmas movies, cooking, cleaning, playing games... all the Christmas things. This is the first evening I've had back on the computer and without LB or DH talking at me. ahhhhh... quiet.

Thanks for keeping up the thread Eventmom! I am kinda loving my new direction of workouts... for now. So I don't remember if I said anything, however we surprised LB with a trip to Hawaii at the end of January. DH had miles from his trips for work this year, and we got the tickets dirt cheap because of it. So we are going! I am so excited! I am going to run on the beach and eat Hawaii things. We will be on the big island so green sand beach, volcanos, Hilo and Kona! We went there for our Honeymoon, so I am excited to go again!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-28-23, 01:25 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Day 8 TA + charlene prickett cardio

so for years I would workout, eat then go to the barn and take care of the horses. Then my sleep got so crappy I'd lay awake in the middle of the night and fall back asleep and get up so late I have to take care of the horses then come in an workout. I'm finally sleeping a bit better (HRT) and so I'm back to working out when I first get up. For whatever reason that works better for me. I don't procrastinate my workout for second guess what workout I want to do, I just get going.

buzzer - 300 miles that's so awesome! How fun to reconnect with your old friend. good for you. and I'm so jealous Hawaii!!! We went like 20 years ago. It will go great to get away at the end of Jan.

waves to ebianco and lucie!