Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-24, 05:55 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Snatches, burpees, and devils presses oh my!
LOL, based on that I don't even have to click on the link! I'd like more equipment too, but already take up too much space. I'd really like a treadmill and more weights and a bench and squat rack.

We really want to move, but DH is a bit of a hoarder/collector so we have major decluttering to do plus an enormous amount of work to get done on the house (but we can't get anyone to actually do it). It makes no sense, but all the replacements and repairs we need done seem to cost more than our actual home is worth at this point - new flooring, roof, windows, it's a long list.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-24, 07:51 AM  
buffmama

Justina Rhianna Choreography
yoga with Joelle Feet and Ankles - liked this 10 min one a lot
Movement Parallels Life 9 min

I'd have a jungle gym in the house if I could! But only things I would use. So...climbing and balance beams, higher rings, ceiling mount for TRX, and I'd love to work with a reformer but never have, so might not like it. I thought about a heavy bag in 2020 but couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Erica - Try the deadstop lunges BW. I doubt they're going to feel easy - because they're not! If they do, Caroline Girvan should have some BW leg workouts that will surely make you feel tough! . That will allow your whole body to get stronger together and you should be less likely to injure.
Old 04-26-24, 07:47 AM  
buffmama

Justina Christina Agulara Cardio 22 min
MPL 6 min - this one wasn't really follow along
Old 04-26-24, 05:27 PM  
wendug

Yesterday was a rest day for me. Today's workout- Sydney's Full Upper Body Workout. I liked this for a change of pace from Chris & Edi. I enjoyed her commentary and form pointers throughout. I thought it was tough, but maybe it is because it was 45/15 when Chris & Edi are 40/20 or 30/15. That little extra work time increases reps and then you don't rest as much.

Happy Friday!
Old 04-27-24, 07:40 AM  
buffmama

Workout Hotel Cardio Pilates Burn with Gliders
Movement Parallels Life 10 min Primal Movement Practice - somehow this one seemed to move fast to me

Happy weekend everybody!
Old 04-27-24, 02:25 PM  
Erica H.

Still repeating the same workouts over and over again. I have new ones loaded up and ready to go, but these are familiar to me and I've been so stressed lately (cried myself to sleep the other night) and they are just easiest for me to do since I know them so well and don't have to think about what weights to use or what's next or whatever. Taking short walks with DH every day too.

buffmama - I started out doing the elevated deadstop lunges with only my 10 pound weighted vest on and kept gradually increasing the weight from there.

Wendy - I haven't done any of Sydney's workouts in a long time, but have saved a lot to do at some point. I thought some of her workouts in this month's rotation looked good.

After I invested hours and hours in wedding planning, my son and his fiance decided to postpone the family ceremony/celebration and just do a courthouse wedding very soon and figure out a family gathering later. It was just too complicated trying to find out a time that worked for everyone. My other two sons travel frequently and then one girlfriend has jury duty every day in June and the other girlfriend also travels a lot (and then there was some tension with her over the date that was finally settled on before canceling plans). Fortunately, we didn't put deposits down on anything so nothing was lost other than a lot of time and energy. When they go to the courthouse, DH and I will go and maybe some of the other available siblings who are available to travel. It shouldn't be this hard with so few people!

ETA - I'm glad they canceled even if I did end up wasting a lot of time and mental energy. What's most important is that they feel good about their wedding whenever/wherever it ends up being.

Erica
Old 04-27-24, 04:11 PM  
buffmama

I forgot to write that I did ZWOW 14 this morning! One of the easier ones so it seemed like a good place to start. Since it was on the short side (14 min) I added on the glider workout (19 min). The 2 worked together but maybe I didn't need so much leg work since I'm starting the runner's program tomorrow.

Erica - On that note I previewed the workout and what do you know...I have dead stop split squats that I am encouraged to go heavy on. I will be muttering the whole time and wondering if you put a hex on me! . I'm so sorry such a happy time is causing so much stress. Just remember: Those that mind, don't matter and those that matter don't mind. Repeat often. This got me through my own difficult family time. Hugs.
Old 04-27-24, 05:33 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Sydney- Legs & Glutes Burnout Workout- Flex Day 18. A tough leg workout from Sydney! I realized after doing this that I missed doing plain old front rack squats. Chris & Edi don't really do them. They love goblet squats, and suitcase squats (often combined w/ RDL), but rarely did front rack squats. Out of the gate Sydney had heel elevated goblet squats, front rack squats, and singe dumbbell back squats. It was a tough sequence but I loved it! At the end of the workout Sydney asks you to do 3 sets of one of the moves in the workout. I chose suitcase squats even though they weren't in the workout. Oh, she combines step ups on one leg immediately followed by 2 rounds of bulgarian lunges on the same leg. KILLER!

Erica- I'm sorry getting together for your son's wedding isn't going to work out. I am happy to hear you will be at the courthouse. My dh and I had a destination wedding and neither of my brothers were able to make it. Although it was sad that they couldn't be there, I am happy we did the destination wedding. My parents were there, dh's mom, sister, BIL, and niece were there, too. Definitely small, but very memorable.
Old 04-28-24, 09:04 AM  
Erica H.

Did my favorite Chris and Edi push workout this morning. I decided I need to work on my form for skull crushers so did a lot of reps with lighter weights and really felt them.

Speaking of weddings, DH and I will celebrate our 37th anniversary this week. I was only 19 when we got married, which now seems like a baby but didn't seem that way at the time.

buffmama - too funny about the deadstop split squats. I hope you have fun with the running program. Thanks for the support. I've learned over the years to not let difficult family members get to me (mostly), but this is just my kids and their partners so the relationships are the most important to me. Everything is fine, but there was a little tension with scheduling conflicts and I didn't want to be in the middle.

Wendy - I regularly sub squats for goblet squats when I do too many workouts that are unbalanced. I used to really like a lot of Sydney's lower body workouts. Glad you picked a good one! That's interesting about your brothers not being able to make it to your wedding. Maybe we were just trying too hard to make it work for everyone.

Erica
Old 04-28-24, 09:55 AM  
buffmama

Justina Runners Strength - focused on quads and calves. I picked up my 30lb DB and was pleasantly surprised I could control the movement.
Movement Parallels Life day 1 of 7 day challenge - 7 min

Erica - Congratulations on 37 years! Woo hoo. I hope my earlier response didn't sound callous. Being a Mom certainly isn't easy.

Wendy - I love wedding stories! If I walk past a random wedding going on I somehow think it's going to bring me good luck (maybe a mate?). It makes my day regardless.