Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-24, 03:17 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Modest swimsuit! athletic, so not off-topic

There was a recent thread about the trauma of shopping for jeans. I think bathing suits are worse. I swim laps for exercise but I don't like the usual athletic brands b/c they don't cover my rear end. For many years, I bought Catalina tank suits from Walmart but this year, what they still call Catalina is made in another country; I bought one and it's not at all the same, & got my money back.

Then, amazingly, BODi to the rescue. Blogpost of Best Athletic Swimwear of 2024. I bought the one from the amazon link and swam in it today. Totally pleased.
https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/active-swimwear
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-24, 04:36 PM  
s2546

Cool! Thank you!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-24, 10:52 PM  
bfit

The Tugless Tank from Lands End is pretty good. They have it all of the time with different colors and patterns each Spring. Costco has modest one piece suits each Spring. They are pretty plain, and they run large in sizing.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 01:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
There was a recent thread about the trauma of shopping for jeans. I think bathing suits are worse. I swim laps for exercise but I don't like the usual athletic brands b/c they don't cover my rear end. For many years, I bought Catalina tank suits from Walmart but this year, what they still call Catalina is made in another country; I bought one and it's not at all the same, & got my money back.

Then, amazingly, BODi to the rescue. Blogpost of Best Athletic Swimwear of 2024. I bought the one from the amazon link and swam in it today. Totally pleased.
https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/active-swimwear
thank you!!!

here's one of the Amazon links:
https://www.amazon.com/Swimsuits-Swi...a2082f7b5433c7

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 01:49 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

bzar/jeannine, glad you liked it. I put in the beachbody link b/c, although the amazon suit was right for me, they had a variety of styles, including a swimdress, a compression suit, and rashguard suits.
Old 04-18-24, 01:58 PM  
JENILU

I still go for boy shorts for modesty. I know they aren't trendy anymore, but I love them. I can't Denver if they are agua or athletic works, but I used to get them at Wal-Mart and they last forever it seems. I have sometimes gotten 3pc swimsuits off Amazon, but its hard to get a proper fit in the bikini top underneath ( can go with or without the swim tank. When we went on trips, my hubby and I would walk into ocean, and I'd have the tank on for that ( no drowning unit feeling), and the beach walks. I'd sometimes take that part off to dry when wed lay there and nap, but like to have that or a cover up close by for modesty. I've never been able to wear a 1 pc well, even before the shape change of menopause. Was naturally a pear and that has changed. I do it for modesty tho and not that reason, but even in the years I didn't care, it was just never flattering on me, but boy shorts were great, even hubby was happy, lol.
These are pretty options that were posted tho!! Thank you!! ( if anyone knows where I can still get boy shorts, please let me know. Probably means something totally different like board shorts now, but these were short and a material that doubled for working out of swimsuit. I'll post later if I find any. Busy right now. Hugs!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 02:12 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Jenilu, I checked Walmart online. They have several one-piece swimsuits with boy leg bottom -- maybe that's not what you meant. Another search, for swimsuit with boy shorts bottom, has pages of results including tankinis with boy shorts bottom.
Old 04-18-24, 02:51 PM  
prettyinpink

Athleta sells swim shorts, swim skirts, and tankinis. They have 20% off sales more often than they used to, it seems about every couple of months.

The shorts aren’t what I think you might mean by boy shorts, which I think are more snug like a swim bottom, but longer, something in between bikini swim bottoms and bike shorts? But I have a pair from Athleta and prefer them to a bikini bottom. They probably aren’t the best for swimming laps like Monterey is doing, though.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 09:01 PM  
JENILU

Thank y'all! It actually may have been Athleta. Mine are getting worn out. They are like short shorts. I think I'm finally learning what inseam means ( still might be wrong) but maybe 3 inch inseam? I could be wrong. I'll hush now. I've never found ( except maybe once) a 1 PC I could be friends with. Thankyou!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swimsuit, swimwear