Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-23, 03:20 PM  
warriorprincess

Today I did Body Parts Back plus Bonuses for the second time. I totally loved the workout this time around. I used my machine for rows and lat pulls instead of bands, so they got a lot more work. And upped the weight a lot on the bonuses, now that I know she goes really light there for some reason. I don't often grab weights higher than Cathe's right out of the gate because she is way stronger than I am!

My workout room had equipment strewn from one end to the other! The endorphins were flowing at the end of this workout. I followed it with Total Body Stretch and felt just heavenly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-23, 04:38 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post

counterclockwise, I'd be all over a road trip! The workouts will still be here when you return! Summer is usually when I travel, but it's been too hot here to do anything, as of late.
True! I did LB2 last night, except I skipped the wall squat at the end. I'm glad to hear you guys like the body parts workouts - I am not there yet and have been wondering about those!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-23, 07:27 AM  
Helen

Have finally begun! Doing the STS2/RWH rotation so I get cardio days forced upon me so it's not neglected.

Wednesday 19th July:
Tri Sets Total Body
For a first time, started with 6kg (13lb) weights for everything, noting to go heavier for almost everything next time; until hit the smaller triceps & shoulders, where I dropped to 5kg (11lb) & returned to the 6kg for the final legs. Time passed well as I didn't look at how long to go at all. The only thing that bothered me was that she didn't work to the beat of the music so needed to keep looking at the screen for pace.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-23, 12:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe STS 2.0 Biceps, Dean MFY FUNdamentals yoga-Day 51!

Hello STSers,

Today was my first time with Biceps and it went pretty well. I was probably a little too lite on the weight for some of the exercises on the stability ball, but have noted to increase the next time I revisit. Cathe at least does a better job of warming up the muscles with lighter weights and tubing here, but I'm also used to a little bit of cardio to get everything warm.

I've been doing lots of Dean's yoga. 4th week with FUNdamentals, 2nd week with Muscle/Sore to Strong Challenge and those Muscle exercises on the mat are tough. Thank God I did the Muscle (strength) yoga before Cathe's. I would not have been able to do it afterwards. He has you holding cork yoga blocks in Y-T-A positions, lying face down on the mat. The blocks weigh 2.5 lbs. which sound light but he was doing pulses and holds. Arms were already warm when I started with Cathe, at least.

I'm going to see if I can get Triceps in tomorrow. That's the only parts workout I still need to tackle. And then, I'll begin again. I haven't looked ahead to see if she doubles up on any of the parts. That would be for a very long workout, unless she has us doing premix options. I haven't done any of the bonus material yet, but will add that in the next go around.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-23, 01:46 PM  
warriorprincess

Today I did:
Yelena Ballet For All: 58 min
STS 2.0 Metabolic Abs
STS 2.0 Mobility 1

I thought I had enough energy to do chest, but my shoulder is a bit sore. Knowing how bad I am at taking it easy once I get started, I decided to take a day off from the weights.

Old 07-19-23, 04:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Nancy, I took a couple days off between Back and Chest, when they came up in the rotation, too. I think because I was lifting pretty heavy for Back first, and not quite ready for more heavy lifting. Today (with my Bicep workout) my shoulders are feeling a bit sore, but I think it was more my yoga workout this AM.

Sounds like you made a good call. Shoulders are always working, with everything we do it seems.

April Focus:
Old 07-20-23, 01:54 PM  
warriorprincess

Today was BP Chest plus Bonus, and Total Body Stretch.

It was a really tough workout! I went heavier in the beginning, and had to lighten up some in the end. Definitely hit failure a few times with trembling muscles! Waiting a day was a good call. My shoulder held its own.

Old 07-20-23, 03:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe STS 2.0 Triceps, Dean MFY FUNdamentals-Day 52

Hello everyone,

Glad to get Triceps in this week, now I can move on to Legs tomorrow! Whew, that was a tough workout for me. My triceps need the work and they were definitely shaking today! Three rounds with Dips was tough, too! I appreciated the band work towards the end. My band wasn't strong enough (I don't think) but arms were done by this point. Most exercises were a challenge for me. Should have nice looking arms by the end of this rotation. I got a couple sleeveless tops, as a way of celebrating.

Have good remainder of your day all!

April Focus:
Old 07-20-23, 09:06 PM  
bjones

As I ease back into UB work, I decided to use light weights for BP Back and experiment with the band part also. I have a door anchor and fiddled around with where to hang it and what bands to use for the various exercises. I do think the band work is really beneficial, working your muscles in a totally different way than weights. Because I've had so many issues between injuries, mastectomy and radiation I think doing each body part one at a time will be helpful, as I can pinpoint what might be a problem for my unique situation. So I did fine so far with the back work and finished with the Total stretch which was so perfect for a stiff back. Like it was made for that body part workout!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-23, 04:29 PM  
warriorprincess

Today I went scuba diving. It was weird. We had a freak temperature thing going on. In July you can count on the water being in the mid 80's, nice and delightfully warm. It was friggin 71 on the bottom today! That's dead of winter temperatures where you'd be crazy not to wear a wetsuit. The really strange thing is I wasn't that cold for the first half an hour. And I never got cold enough where my teeth would chatter, as I do in the winter when I'm wearing a wetsuit. Anyway, cold water immersion is supposed to be great so I'm looking on the bright side :-)

You've earned those sleeveless tops Pam!

bjones, it amazes me how often Total Body Stretch feels absolutely perfect.

Tags
cathe sts 2.0, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews