Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-23, 05:27 PM  
Calistro

Hello,

I have not visited for a while, but was just about to post this as I saw it on youtube and got a little excited. I have not been exited about much in a while.
Do Beachbody not do dvds anymore?
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-23, 06:28 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
Hello,

I have not visited for a while, but was just about to post this as I saw it on youtube and got a little excited. I have not been exited about much in a while.
Do Beachbody not do dvds anymore?
No, they stopped producing DVDs a few years ago. Now the only way to access the programs is through BODi which is their streaming service. The new programs are offered for an “early access” price which has been $49.95 for the workouts only (no supplements). But to purchase an early access you have to have a BODi subscription.

If you wait 6-9 months they are added to the BODi library where you can access them for your yearly subscription fee (if you didn’t buy the early access).

They also have “live” workouts that you can “join” virtually or watch on demand later. It’s like a “zoom” class.

The yearly subscription cost has increased to $179. But they’re having a buy one year get another free Black Friday sale this week. I think it’s only for new subscribers (or subscriptions that have lapsed).
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-23, 06:56 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Wow, Shaun T has always been in great shape but he is really jacked now!

Too bad BB doesn't release DVDs anymore.
x 2!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-23, 08:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Oh I wish this was on DVD!!!
Same!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-23, 01:57 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Same!!
Me too!
Old 11-23-23, 04:13 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
No, they stopped producing DVDs a few years ago. Now the only way to access the programs is through BODi which is their streaming service. The new programs are offered for an “early access” price which has been $49.95 for the workouts only (no supplements). But to purchase an early access you have to have a BODi subscription.

If you wait 6-9 months they are added to the BODi library where you can access them for your yearly subscription fee (if you didn’t buy the early access).

They also have “live” workouts that you can “join” virtually or watch on demand later. It’s like a “zoom” class.

The yearly subscription cost has increased to $179. But they’re having a buy one year get another free Black Friday sale this week. I think it’s only for new subscribers (or subscriptions that have lapsed).
Thanks Kathy,

The BODI library sounds extensive and would probabaly be worth the price if I streamed etc.. but I am still stuck on dvds.

Can you download or is it just streaming?

Thanks
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-23, 07:28 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
Thanks Kathy,

The BODI library sounds extensive and would probabaly be worth the price if I streamed etc.. but I am still stuck on dvds.

Can you download or is it just streaming?

Thanks
They don’t sell downloads alone but you can download in the BODi app. But you need to have a subscription.

So in essence, it’s still kind of like streaming. It was nice to be able to save workouts on my iPad when I went on cruises though. I didn’t need to have internet connection.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 11-28-23, 01:23 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherBear View Post
I like Shaun and he looks great but way too chatty for me. I can't imagine doing these over and over again. I suppose he can go on mute.
I wish instructors/editors would really think of the end users. Is this something that will not grow to be annoying after the 10th time doing it? I use to love Hollywood Trainer but I can't bring myself to do them anymore because of mindless talking.
I agree with you. I do not care for chatty instructors. Shaun's workout looks good but he does talk a bit much.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-23, 12:03 PM  
MARIKA

Thats why I LOVE Caroline. So easy to follow along and she just smiles and gives thumbs up.
Old 12-19-23, 11:05 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I purchased the Dig Deeper digital access only for $49.95. I haven’t had time to preview any of the workouts yet. I’ll come back later and post thoughts.

The program materials tab has a dumbbell tracker and calendars. The workouts are three phases (with six workouts each). You do each phase for four weeks.

Then there’s five additional shorter workouts (21-24 minutes).

It looks well done.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
bbod, bodi, dig deeper, shaun t