Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-23, 09:33 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Barefoot & On the Mat May 2023: You are as welcome as the flowers in May.

Greetings and welcome to the weekly Barefoot & On The Mat check-in thread! This is a long-running VF check-in. We're a cozy, friendly group who enjoy a wide variety of workouts, but we have a special fondness for those traditionally done without shoes. If you enjoy yoga, Pilates, Barre, Qi Gong, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, Weight lifting, etc. (or even if you simply prefer doing traditional workouts without shoes!) you'll feel right at home. And even if you wear shoes for such workouts, come on in!

Please feel free to join in. We love hearing from new, returning and guest Mat Mavens. Our welcome mat is always out!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 08:34 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Happy May!

Margaret's Fitness Becomes You (Volume 1 Program C: Upper Body workout)

This morning at 7am I'll also be doing Jackie's live Zoom Essentrics class.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 08:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all!

~ K's FBFM challenge days 25 and 26
~ Yin/yoga nidra workshop at studio
~ 3,380 steps

The yin class was heavenly and I could do more poses than three months ago. But I fell asleep for the nidra. It was a very special one too, from the sounds of it as I regained consciousness. Drat!

Beth, I'm glad that massage was helpful. I love when the moon and stars align for a great massage. Kiss My Asana, LOL!

Paine, sorry to hear your GS's birthday party had to be postponed. I hope his Dad feels better very soon. Thank you for starting our May check-in.

Waves to all who visit today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 10:50 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Oops, thanks to Paine for re-directing me to the new month! Here's my mistaken post from the old thread:

Paine that's disappointing for your grandson! My niece had a covid-related b-day cancelation 2 years ago when she turned 11 - a little easier for her to understand being older, but I know she was disappointed too.

The event yesterday was in an old warehouse-style building downtown that's now a wedding venue. It was a cool large room with exposed brick walls, wood floors - a bit cold though! There were maybe 50? participants. The movement we did was pretty simple, about half chair yoga, half floor (since it was for an accessible yoga charity). But the instructors info/cues were so exquisite that it was a real pleasure, plus I got to meet some others in the yoga community.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 12:54 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Paine: Thanks for getting us started this month! Sorry about your grandson's birthday party. I was actually supposed to have an early birthday party this evening, but it got postponed due to the Covid case in our group. Oh well -- we'lll still have a good time next Monday!

Today's Workout: Body Pump at my gym.

Hoping everything is okay with our Cyana.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 05:40 PM  
YogaGal

Paine: Thanks for starting the May thread. So sorry about your grandson not getting to have his birthday party as planned; hopefully you can celebrate later when everyone is healthy!

I have tons of grading this week, so I may not be checking in much, but I wanted to update my latest workouts.

Friday was an early work day and resting in the afternoon, so no workout or yoga.

Saturday
Kassandra’s Flexible Body Yoga, Days 28 and 29

Sunday
Jessica Smith’s YT How to Get (and Stay!) Motivated: A 1-Mile #Walk + Talk
Kassandra’s Flexible Body Yoga, Day 30

Monday
Workout with Roxanne YT Grow Glutes in 20 mins | Build a Booty | Dumbbells // No Repeat
Yoga with Joelle, 10-min Yoga for Hips, Hamstrings & Shoulders!
Old 05-01-23, 09:07 PM  
Donna D

Happy May everyone!

Paine - sorry to hear about the cancellation of the birthday party for your grandson due to Covid.

Speaking of Covid, I had my 6th Covid vaccination on Thursday. My arm was very itchy within minutes of the shot, never had that happen before. It was a bit sore also, which I had not experienced before. Within an hour all was back to normal.

Checking in with Day 6 of Lee Holden's 30 day challenge and Winsor Pilates Back workout.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 09:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi Donna! I was wondering about the next round of covid shots - I guess I've gotten 5 now. I might wait until fall, but on the other had, I'm traveling this summer...I will have to consult with DH. I'm surprised you never had arm soreness before! I've gotten that ever covid shot and get it from the flu shot too, although it's MUCH less if I move my arm around a lot right after getting the shot.

Carolyn, hope the end of the semester goes smoothly. Today was my last Monday to work for May!

Pat, yay about your progress! Yoga Nidra always puts me to sleep.

Paine, I'm in awe that you posted before the 7 a.m. class this morning!

Sandra I hope cyana is okay too.

I was so tired after work today! I did a couple of 10-minute floor routines from JoJoFit plus a 30-minute Yin/Yang from Yoga with Melissa.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 10:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yay for May, one month closer to summer!

Thanks for starting us off Paine!

A quick fly by for me today…
~Full Body Stability Ball with Dumbbells (Workout Hotel on YT) - This was a nice change, Pilates inspired with light weights.
https://youtu.be/E6zluyOqGDc
~Kate Vantucci Yoga: Find Ease
https://youtu.be/1V_9OoL5owc

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-23, 08:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ LWR's Posture Challenge Day 14
~ Walk around neighborhood after work
~ Home PT
~ 7,382 steps

Good luck with your grading, Carolyn. Did you finish Kassandra's challenge? I still have two more.

Donna, nice to see you! I hope you don't have any further side effects from the booster.

Pam, thanks for sharing the stability ball workout, I bookmarked it.

Good morning to Sandra, Paine, Beth, Sherry, and anyone else who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote