Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-16, 11:48 AM  
Vantreesta

Completely agree about the half marathon requirement. I am a (casual) runner and do 5k to 10k races and I don't plan on ever running a half no matter how fit I may become. If they were going to make running a requirement, which I personally disagree with anyway, couldn't they have made it smthg more realistic like a shorter distance??

Clean Eating Mama and the vegan lady both irritated the heck out of me! I liked the wild diet guy and his contestant.

I doubt I will watch any more but I am curious so will probably follow this thread.

Lingo, that is my favorite commercial right now!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 11:49 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

The vegan lady is gone. Her client lost no weight the second week.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 12:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Yeah, I was with the contestant on that one. And the oil massage made me want a shower!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-08-16, 12:04 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
**errr spoilers I guess?**

I only watched the first hour or so, but oh holy mother of Earth, that "Clean Eating Mama" or whoever the heck she was annoyed the living beejezusus out of me. And that fact that her contestant lost the least in week one was no surprise either. I would have ditched her right then and there!

The Paleo guy IS a cutie, but yeah his diet is nothing new under the sun. I knew it would work well for that guy, especially in the first weeks when he was losing a lot of water weight.

That "swap" lady seemed the most normal and down to Earth. I was glad that her lady did so well at the first weigh in.

I hope they have Shaun T leading some workouts in later episodes??!
I've only watched the first hour and agreed with everything you wrote. The clean eating mama is not teaching sustainable habits and the scale was no surprise. Squats in the grocery store while you pick veggies, bicep curls with your grocery bags as you leave the store..... Who in their right mind would actually do this???

I am enjoying the show so far but had to pause it this morning to actually get my workout in....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 12:46 PM  
Betty Boop

I haven't been keeping up with the latest diet stuff, so I was stunned when that fellow put butter in his coffee. I Googled it this morning.

I don't recall -- did they specifically mention running a half marathon, or just doing it. A lot of charities do 12 mile walks, pretty close to that half marathon. I remember doing a charity walk m-a-n-y years ago. I don't recall how long it took, but do remember that my allergies kicked up. I haven't done one since.
Old 01-08-16, 12:53 PM  
CharM

Yeah, hubs and I saw both episodes and thought "taskercise" was unrealistic. I wouldn't squat and lunge my way through the grocery store, parking lot, whatever. The contestant looked miserable with Clean Mamma, why would she stick with her? She also kept saying that she doesn't know what to eat, well, how about this: ASK. She should have let her weight loss expert know that she needs help with the diet part.

I knew people added butter or coconut oil to coffee, I've never tried it.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 12:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Shaun T had the 21 Day Fix containers and food plan in his Cize set; but no one on the show talked about portion control, or drinking enough water.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 01:17 PM  
mamaste

The second episode was better than the first. The second ep. had more Shaun T than the first. I even laughed when he and Taj were talking about that cookie at the scale. I'm curious to see what Taj's new plan is. I had the Clean Momma app ages ago. I never used it once although I do add exercise to some everyday tasks. Like, counter push-ups or stretching while waiting for coffee. But I'm at home not out in public. Oh and I like that they filmed in Atlanta instead of some place like L.A.
Old 01-08-16, 02:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the latest diet stuff, so I was stunned when that fellow put butter in his coffee. I Googled it this morning.

I don't recall -- did they specifically mention running a half marathon, or just doing it. A lot of charities do 12 mile walks, pretty close to that half marathon. I remember doing a charity walk m-a-n-y years ago. I don't recall how long it took, but do remember that my allergies kicked up. I haven't done one since.
I think they just said complete a half marathon, not specifically run. I still think you can be fit without doing a HM. What if you have a condition that prevents it and is not caused by lack of fitness, like you mentioned allergies?

Oh and I am so trying butter in my coffee!

Old 01-08-16, 03:47 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
**errr spoilers I guess?**

I only watched the first hour or so, but oh holy mother of Earth, that "Clean Eating Mama" or whoever the heck she was annoyed the living beejezusus out of me. And that fact that her contestant lost the least in week one was no surprise either. I would have ditched her right then and there!

The Paleo guy IS a cutie, but yeah his diet is nothing new under the sun. I knew it would work well for that guy, especially in the first weeks when he was losing a lot of water weight.

That "swap" lady seemed the most normal and down to Earth. I was glad that her lady did so well at the first weigh in.

I hope they have Shaun T leading some workouts in later episodes??!
I about shut off the tv when she said, "I'm gonna smack your tushie!" I would have turned to her, planted my feet and said, "Yeah, you and what army?" And her taskercises ... No comment.

The Paleo guy reminds me of every serious Paleo/Cross fit person I know - it was kind of funny to listen to him.

The vegan gal - I know a lot of people who have lost a ton of weight going vegan, but I know others who have not lost anything.

And yes, the half marathon thing is ridiculous. That's a long distance. A 10k would be so much better. Still a push, but not a punishment!

Tags
mcl injury, shaun t