Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-25-22, 06:24 PM  
ots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i attended one during the holiday season - about 6-8 VFers attended and it was great. perhaps someone might remember who hosted? it was on Zoom.

count me in on this year's 2022 meet-up. 12/18 is a good time. it will be early in the morning for me, but i'm an early riser. i'll PM you on this - i have an idea.
You're right! This is what I get for editing last year's announcement and not reading it thoroughly enough! I've edited my post.
Old 10-26-22, 08:26 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I'm in!

I will try to make the Zoom meeting if we have it. Just depends on my work schedule.

I think it would be ok to send a streaming subscription if someone wants it.

The fun part is searching out gift ideas. Of course, I've received some pretty amazing gift boxes in the past.

So guess this is the official start of the holidays? ;-)

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
Old 10-26-22, 10:29 AM  
sherry7899

Kate, I love your avatar picture!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 10-26-22, 02:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
Part 2: Zoom Get Together?!I was going to suggest doing it on Sunday, December 18 from 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. EST. I am open to suggestion on what to do? I am happy to teach a quickie 30 minute body pump or a 20 minute yoga class. Would love to hear other ideas. A cooking demo? Share cat pix? If there is interest, let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I might be up for a Zoom; it would be cool to meet people! Weekend afternoons are difficult for me; my preference would be a Sunday evening around 8 pm EST (although I could likely go earlier or later depending on others' schedules).
Beth - see Anne's quote regarding the Zoom date/time.

Perhaps we should make a separate post in the VFer News & Events forum, or here in General so that those interested can post to that thread? This would separate it from the gift exchange since there are VFers who just want to participate in the Zoom meet-up. Putting it in the VFer News & Events forum would keep it near the top and easier to find, or if it's in General, would need to put a sticky on it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 10-26-22, 02:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
or if it's in General, would need to put a sticky on it.
Don't just work hard, work smart....Pat Head Summitt

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-26-22, 05:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I'm not sure there's a moderator active who will do that anymore
Then the Vfer News & Events would be the alternative.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 10-26-22, 11:09 PM  
fatkat555

I’d definitely be interested in a Zoom meetup for sure! I’ve never participated in the exchange because I’m horrible when it comes to mailing things. Odd affliction I have with that…

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 10-27-22, 03:58 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

How did I not know about the Zoom get-together? It sounds fun (so long as it’s not too early in the morning ).
Old 10-27-22, 12:15 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

I didn't participate last year and missed it so I'm all in this year! Love the zoom call idea!

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Old 10-27-22, 12:36 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - I set up a thread in the VFer News & Events Forum:

2022 Winter Virtual Meetup on Zoom - post here if you're interested

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...14#post2980114

Tags
2022 gift exchange, 2022 zoom meetup, christmas gift exchange, gift exchange, holiday exchange thanks, holiday gift exchange, zoom meetup