Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-13, 09:39 AM  
PJOwens

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky10 View Post
I really don't mind most of Leslie's moves. The only one that comes to mind as a dislike is swinging the legs out side to side in the boosted walks. I find it awkward and tend to just jog (although I usually try a few).
This is my favorite move! I am not a fan of the boosted kick.
Old 08-17-13, 09:46 AM  
OrangeSofa

I always like when it's time for kicks ("Kicks are coming!") or hamstring curls, because it gives my calves some rest after all the walk-walk-walk. And I like anything she adds for variety, which she's gotten better at lately. Can't think of anything I really don't like, except staying on the same move for too long.

"The cha-cha is no more ridiculous than life itself."-Whit Stillman
OrangeSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 10:15 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSofa View Post
Can't think of anything I really don't like, except staying on the same move for too long.
My thought exactly!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 10:45 AM  
Charmed

So far I am the only one who dislikes kicks.
Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 11:12 AM  
Diana2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSofa View Post
I always like when it's time for kicks ("Kicks are coming!") or hamstring curls, because it gives my calves some rest after all the walk-walk-walk. And I like anything she adds for variety, which she's gotten better at lately. Can't think of anything I really don't like, except staying on the same move for too long.
Oh man, when I read your post "kicks are coming" I could HEAR Leslie saying it. That's when I know I spend too much time with her .

And yes, that's the same reason I love kicks or hamstring curls. Sometimes if I notice my calves are getting tight I'll just transition into kicks even if Leslie keeps walking to loosen them up a bit.
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 12:02 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
So far I am the only one who dislikes kicks.
No, I don't like the kicks either. I usually do some of them, but I substitute rear lunge taps for them as well.
I also don't like marching in place for too long. I usually do v-steps whenever Leslie marches in place & does arm motions.
When Leslie does the march 3 & a tap, I do something I call a "scramble," which is a side to side crossover type walk with a tap. I got the move from Kathy Smith's old Fat Burning workout.
Another thing I don't like is when Leslie doesn't do enough ham curls to balance out the knee lifts. If I feel unbalanced, I will do ham curls for some of the knee lifts, I do double ham curls as well.
I really like the tap out & side to side lunge move. Another favorite of mine is the side steps, especially moving forward & back.
I am excited to try the cha cha step in Leslie's newest Walk it Off in 30 days. I think I will be able to travel it side to side for more intensity.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 12:09 PM  
kerrycork

I HATE the bounce too! I can't seem to do it at all - maybe part of the reason is because I work out on carpet and it somehow feels awkward, but I don't think I would like it in any case. I tend to jog when she does this. Also, sometimes Leslie gets distracted and does too many knee lifts in a row. When my thighs/hips start overly burning, I move on to something else until she finishes My favorite moves are kicks and walking up 2 (or 4) and back - gives your legs a chance to stretch out.

All of that said, I seriously love her newest Walk It Off in 30 Days. For some reason I have trouble being consistent with strength training, and the 30 minute session on this seems very doable, and the time just flies by.

"Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body." - Cher

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused." - Elvis Costello
kerrycork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 12:32 PM  
Jane1721

I love the bounce move! That's actually probably my favorite, and I'm surprised at how many people dislike it. I just started doing Leslie recently, as I'm (impatiently) nursing a broken toe, and I am surprised (and pleased!) at how much I really like her and her workouts.

I don't think I really dislike any of her moves so far, except maybe walking up and back two steps (but up and back four is fine!), and I will probably jog that move once my toe heals. Actually, her workouts are so adaptable and versatile that I will add impact to a lot of her moves once my toe heals.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 01:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I hate walk up and back. I'll jog around some or just do something else entirely while she does that.

I really like tap outs, double side steps, knee repeaters (she doesn't call it that - four knees?), bounces, etc.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 01:30 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana2468 View Post

My favorites: walk walk walk tap (I LOVE this one, and have no idea why), kicks, box step
I don't know why but this move has always made me happy as well, and is my favorite!
I also like tap-outs because i feel it in my outer thighs, and I guess third would be a tie between kicks and hamstring curls.

not crazy about double sides. I feel funny when I do them and a lot of times will do grapevine instead.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone