Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-05, 08:37 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
....guess my new dream is attending a LAC class and workingout in real life with Nuamah (wonder if I can bring a rebounder LOL)
Barbara - perhaps we should begin a campaign for Nuamah to produce a rebounding LAC workout!

Freestyling on the Rebounder
Okay, so I've had my rebounder for six months now and have read over and over again how everyone loves freestyling and modifying non-rebounding workouts to the rebounder and I've finally tried the freestyling thing. I used Kathy Smith's Project You walking CD and it was simply marvelous. I did it barefoot and the beat of the music really gave me, hmm what's the right word, direction? Anyway, it was really fun and I loved the control I had over the intensity of my workout. I will definitely be doing this again and I might have to acquire some workout CDs, which I never understood the usefullness of before.
Old 01-30-05, 12:06 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R
I can't imagine replacing those springs--there's so much tension on them, I don't see how it's possible without specialized tools.

But I'm a wimp about things that might snap back in my face
I had to replace one spring and it was difficult, but I managed with just a wrench. Had to put my whole body into stretching it out. I think there is a special tool for it, but not sure where to get one or what it's called.

Nancy
Videophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 12:16 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R
But how did you do it?? I'd love to know. What I was trying to to was to rethread a spring (with the rest of the mat still in place) into the frame. There was LOTS of tension there. Please tell.
Instructions for replacing springs

http://www.needakrebounders.com/Mat_...nstruction.htm

NOTE: I used a wrench instead of the recommended screw driver, but I can see how this would/could work.

Nancy
Old 01-30-05, 12:34 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by getstrong
Three of us replaced our mats, and we got a good workout with those springs. I saw a spring set priced at $65, but I don't know of anyone with the newer rebounders who has broken a spring.
Replacement springs are free depending on what brand rebounder you have. It's part of the Warranty. (For ReboundAir for instance, it's a lifetime warranty)

When the spring on my brand new Life Tec broke, I was given 36 new springs instead of just one absolutely free.

Go to the link below and scroll down to "Warranties" on the left side of the page:

http://bouncewell.com/rebounder-equi...rthalffold.htm

NOTE: The chart is for "half folds" There another charts for non-folds and other models, but if you use the link above, you can then click on "All comparison charts" on the left side of the page to see links to the other charts for the other models.

Nancy (Who is {{{{cringing}}}} at the thought of anyone paying $65 for a set of springs)
Old 01-30-05, 12:54 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenalesa
I decided to get myself a Needak after going to Bouncewell.com and readng the comparison. I am so glad I did! I used to have a treadmill that I spent about $1500 for, it had a 2 HP motor and could incline. The Needak rebounder was a little more than $200, and I absolutely love it.
I tried the Life Tec and then bought a Needak. I also tried the UR. I opted to stay with the Needak as the mat is easier/softer on my knees and it is sturdier than the half fold UR. I understand the non fold UR is sturdier as it's made to stand up to multiple users in a gym. No problem with the Life Tec, which is priced somewhere between the UR and Needak, I just prefer a softer mat.
Quote:
When I first got it, I had to limit myself to about 5 minutes at a time bc my legs hurt. Now I can do 1/2 hour or more. I use a heart rate monitor and I can get to my target rate in less than a minute.
Right. Some people do require an adjustment period, which is why it is recommended to start out with 5- 10 minutes at first as you did. Unfortunately, I have read that some people tried rebounding one time and gave up because of a first bad reaction.
Quote:
I sometimes use 2# weights also.
It is recommended to begin without weights, and eventually add 1# and slowly work up to 3# but no more as more than 3# would be too hard on the joints.

Nancy
Old 01-30-05, 01:11 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
nope it was the New Zealand lymphociser that Michele Wilburn claimed was the best of the best
You already have one of the best, but if you're thinking you need another and want to "upgrade" why not try the "Ultimate Rebounder" by ReboundAir since you already know it's made by a good company. It's the rebounder used in G-Force by the way. The explanation of how the "Ultimate Rebounder" came into being is interesting.

http://www.ultimate-rebound.com/#top

Then there's Dave Hall's Cellerciser to consider.

Of course every company says their product is the best whether it's rebounders or widgets.

If (and when) we have a big earthquake and I lost my Needak, I honestly don't think I'd buy another brand unless I got a better price on one of the other top brands with soft mats such as ReboundAir or Dave Hall's Cellersizer. But then how do I even know I'll like them better than my Needak? I don't really so I guess my policy is, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Nancy
Old 01-30-05, 01:24 PM  
Videophile

Check-in

All of you who posted here and are not already a member of the "Rebounding Plus" Check-in are urged to join and continue your comments and suggestions there. We just began a new week at:

http://69.93.245.62/forum/showthread...471#post529471

Nancy
Old 01-30-05, 01:32 PM  
stephanie_932

I just got my rebounder in early December......and while I love bouncing, I found the UR workouts too tough, and haven't been using it as much as I thought I would. I can't seem to bounce at that same fast pace.....even the beginners workout .....so I get frustrated and quit. I did get G-Force from FitPrime before they stopped selling their workouts......and I have previewed it, but haven't done the workout yet.

I really do enjoy doing Leslie Sanson's videos on the rebounder......especially "Walk/Jog"....it seems to be perfect for me. All of her others that I have can be modified easily to work, also.

I guess I figure that I HAVE to use those UR workouts to use the rebounder effectively. But after reading this thread, I'm realizing that maybe my thinking is wrong.

I think this thread was just what I needed to motivate me to use my rebounder today. I've picked out a good cd and am just going to do some free-style jogging today to see if I like that better. If I enjoy it.......those UR dvd's are off to ebay......I don't want the frustration any longer.

~Stephanie~
stephanie_932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 01:50 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie_932
I just got my rebounder in early December......and while I love bouncing, I found the UR workouts too tough, and haven't been using it as much as I thought I would. I can't seem to bounce at that same fast pace.....even the beginners workout .....so I get frustrated and quit. I did get G-Force from FitPrime before they stopped selling their workouts......and I have previewed it, but haven't done the workout yet.

I really do enjoy doing Leslie Sanson's videos on the rebounder......especially "Walk/Jog"....it seems to be perfect for me. All of her others that I have can be modified easily to work, also.

I guess I figure that I HAVE to use those UR workouts to use the rebounder effectively. But after reading this thread, I'm realizing that maybe my thinking is wrong.

I think this thread was just what I needed to motivate me to use my rebounder today. I've picked out a good cd and am just going to do some free-style jogging today to see if I like that better. If I enjoy it.......those UR dvd's are off to ebay......I don't want the frustration any longer.

~Stephanie~
actually most of the regulars on the rebounding plus checkin don't do UR workouts much if at all, me being one of them LOL
It saddens me how many may ignore their rebounders because they don't enjoy the UR style.

Nancy, stick with Needak
I bet it is superior to the ReboundAIR

Barb S
who has to constantly shark under my ReboundAIR bought through FitPrime as plastic pieces chip off the metal clips attached to the springs but has been guaranteed the clips will not break
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 01:51 PM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Another rebounding fan here! I just bought the NZ one since I'm going to NZ on a family visit & can bring it back with me. Michelle assured me it is excellent & I believe her, I also believe she'll replace the springs if they break. I love my cheap one & so do my kids but the cost of bringing a high end one to Israel (shipping + tax) was prohibitive. Barb, you can visit me, bring the LAC DVD & we'll have a party .
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounding