Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-07, 09:22 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

So, who are the younger up and coming video stars?

The NY Times input thread got me thinking about this question. I scanned my collection of DVDs to see if I had an answer and came up short. About the only instructors in my collection that I considered to fall into this catagory are a few of the more recent Firm instructors and Jennifer Gilardi. When I say young, I'm talking under 30 (and I'm not ever sure that Jennifer falls into this catagory). I know there must be more???
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 09:27 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I don't know how old Kimberly Spreen is but she's definitely an up and comer!

And Amy and Tracey.....

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 09:34 PM  
KathAL79

I'd be interested in seeing if any 20-somethings are actually leads for more than one or two workouts.
Some of the Crunch instructors may just squeeze in there.

Lara Hudson is probably in her early 30s by now; I'm not sure how old she was in the first 10 Minute Solution Pilates, but she was closer to the 20s side of 30s at the oldest.

I think Ana Caban was in her 20s when she started cranking out videos for Gaiam, although she appears to be in her 30s now, but she's not giving out her age.

Lauren Mones (of Aligning the Upper Body) may be 20 something.

Anyone know about Chantal Pierrat (of Soul Sweat)? My guess is she's also in her 30s now, if just barely.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 09:54 PM  
jocelynthepink

I don't know how old she, but Ellen Barrett has done multiple workouts both for Crunch and Shape. Sara Ivanhoe has made a ton of yoga videos, and she looks young to me.

According to her profile, Ellen "was exposed to the '80s aerobics scene" at 12, which would make her 29-39.

Kimberly and Amy definitely look young, too.
Old 10-16-07, 10:14 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelynthepink
I don't know how old she, but Ellen Barrett has done multiple workouts both for Crunch and Shape. Sara Ivanhoe has made a ton of yoga videos, and she looks young to me.

According to her profile, Ellen "was exposed to the '80s aerobics scene" at 12, which would make her 29-39.

Kimberly and Amy definitely look young, too.
I was really surprised by a promotional card that was inserted into the envelope with Ellen's most recent DVD. On it she wrote that she's been teaching fitness since 1989, when she was a college freshman. So, if she was 18 or so then, she must be in her mid thirties now. Not old by any stretch, but she's been around longer than I realized.
Old 10-16-07, 10:25 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79
I'd be interested in seeing if any 20-somethings are actually leads for more than one or two workouts.
Some of the Crunch instructors may just squeeze in there.
I guess this is what I'm wondering about. Is there a 20-something that's in it for the long haul? I'm 47 and have followed Kathy Smith, among others, through the years. Who will our daughters (and sons) follow?
Old 10-16-07, 10:45 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I was wondering about instructors in 20s too. Kimberly Spreen is 34 according to her Wikipedia article. This page says Amy is mid-30s.

Crunch seems to be the place for 20-something instructors; Teri Ann Krefting of "Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp" is 27 according to her MySpace profile and Lena Pereira of "Bikini Body" is 29 according to this.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 11:58 PM  
jocelynthepink

Minna Lessig is 35 now (according to this recent article: http://content.hamptonroads.com/stor...4649&ran=29345) and did Quickfix Arms & Legs when she was 28.

Allie Delrio started with the Firm as a teenager, didn't she? And she's still pretty young.
Old 10-17-07, 12:58 AM  
Mary09

Kathy Smith was in her 30s when she made her first video.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 01:04 AM  
mtnmom

I'm not sure if she's up-n-coming, or a one (sorta)hit wonder, but Jessica Smith seems extremely young to me! She leads Woman's Health Train for your Body Type. I think I wrote in a mini-review here that I expected her to take off for her college volleyball team practice any minute!