Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-24, 08:29 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Is there a way to do your mobility body parts sprinkled throughout the day like exercise "snacks?"
Some yes, some no. And some are in her workouts so I get them that way. I"m trying not to stress about them but the forward head position is one I work one whenever I think of it.
Old 03-26-24, 08:31 AM  
buffmama

Justina's Power Basics 2 - this one had the jerk, DA clean, suitcase DL, hamstring bridge
Old 03-26-24, 05:42 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Chris & Edi- Build 2- Day 38- 30 Min. Cardio Bodyweight workout. I'm living dangerously today. I did this workout without previewing it and I'm not usually a fan of Chris & Edi's cardio. But I did like this workout. I got a great sweat sesh in 30 minutes.
Old 03-27-24, 08:29 AM  
buffmama

This was supposed to be a rest week - then I found workouts I wanted to 'play' with that aren't in any programs, then I found more and had to go look for the rest of that bunch...you know how it is. Today was a core circuit that was FB and got the heart rate up - OH squats (oh my!), plank crunches, SL DL with a fly, lat crawls with knee taps, side lunge with DA front raise and dancing kick throughs (plank, lunge, kick other leg through). There are 2 more core workouts I want to do (one is single side work, the other builds on today), a metcon that uses some of the same moves, and 2 more power workouts that build on the last 2 days. Doesn't look like I'm doing any Disney this week! The week will end up being a lot of skills work which is good. I will do a barre workout as well since I haven't done any of those. I'm also working my way through her stretch and mobility workouts. And should probably do a recovery workout before moving into the stability program which sounds easier than my 'recovery' week!

Hope everyone is having some fun this week!
Old 03-27-24, 09:01 AM  
Erica H.

Chris and Edi Day 6 pull workout. I've been doing this one a lot. I skip the cardio and add extra back work.

Wendy, thanks for posting that Chris and Edi cardio workout. I wouldn't have looked at it if you hadn't and it looks good! Glad you enjoyed it. So funny about living dangerously by not previewing first.

buffmama - sounds like an active rest week! My week is loads of fun. Today is the dentist and tomorrow is a breast ultrasound.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 11:13 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
buffmama - sounds like an active rest week! My week is loads of fun. Today is the dentist and tomorrow is a breast ultrasound.
Erica
I hope they're both boring and uneventful.
Old 03-27-24, 05:45 PM  
wendug

I got up early today to walk a client's dogs. I took Gertie for a long walk after that as she was angry with me for leaving and not walking her first thing.

The next Chris & Edi workout in the schedule is a 1-hour full body workout, and I knew I didn't have the energy for that today so instead I did KCM's Trim & Tone Intervals from Build & Burn. It has been a long time since I've done this workout. I didn't really remember it. I added on a couple of Jasper MacDermot's 5 minute mobility routines- 1 for upper body and 1 for lower body. I like his background for the Thrive mobility series with all the greenery. And it is nice to hear him talk through the moves.

Erica- Good luck with your appointments!
Old 03-28-24, 08:14 AM  
buffmama

Justina Power Basics 3 - this included mobility work at the end which a bunch of her workouts have
Old 03-29-24, 07:58 AM  
buffmama

Justina:
Kesha Core - unilateral weight work: OH lunge to knee lift, offset eccentric squat, floating SL DL row, standing lateral knees, Renegade rows, 1/4 TGU, bicycles with single weight OH - 34 min
Power Tabata - swings, DA clean squat, push ups, plank pull throughs to squat
5 min Cool Down
Old 03-29-24, 05:39 PM  
wendug

Yesterday was another dog walking day- client's dogs and my sweet Gertie, too. Today's workout- Chris & Edi- Build 2- Day 39- 1 hour full body workout w/dumbbells. I liked this workout and the time flew by. Earlier today I mowed my back yard for the first time this season. I put down some grass seed in bare spots. Luckily my front yard doesn't grow as fast so I left it as is. Spring is officially here now that I did my first mowing of the yard!

Erica- Are you near the totality of the eclipse coming up? We're in a partial area and thought about driving to a spot to see the total eclipse, but the news is already mentioning the horrible traffic to get to these areas.

Happy Friday!