Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-24, 12:05 PM  
donnamp

Jessica Smith and Friends 2024

Please join us - whether you do Jessica's workouts exclusively or sprinkled in with other instructors - all are welcome.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 12:11 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did workout - I did Trifecta Pilates - Base Strength - this was a nice fairly low key workout. It started on the floor w/ a loop band for 2 rounds, then moved to standing with a looped band and weights for 2 rounds. Finally, a nice stretch. I wasn't sure if I wold make it through the whole thing, but I did ok. I used a light weight and just took my time.

I may walk my dog today but it is the kind of damp cold that is just yuck.
So I may skip the walk. i did walk her yesterday for a bit and she was happy to get out.

Sherry - it sounds like you had a nice NYE! You may have just had a cold, I only tested on a lark b/c I was curious - since I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow I was considering getting the latest booster and really wanted to see if I 'needed' it - it was suspicious to me how my "cold" came on and I also realized I had lost some of my sense of smell. It is returning, I can at least smell my coffee again.

wishiwasinhawaii - did you start P90X?

Waves, Pam!

Do you want to keep checking in here now that VF seems to be working again or should we move? I really need to make it a habit to visit the new locations just in case VF goes down again.

I am also debating whether or not to renew my VF support. If there was some sort of assurance that things would continue to be maintained I'd have no qualms about it - but....we have had so many near misses this past year.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Jessica has to offer this month. It sounds like people are enjoying her new walks - I'm definitely not ready for cardio though. I'm going to have to start slowly with that.

Hope everyone has a lovely start to the new year!

Donna
Old 01-01-24, 03:28 PM  
Leonana

No workout yet today. I took down the Christmas tree. Dh was installing the ceiling fans, so things were a mess in the living room and dining room. Then dd came over so he could replace the brakes on her car. Maybe I’ll do something this evening, some of Jessica’s new walk. I need to get it in gear and get motivated! Justina Ercole’s workouts are free this week, I’m thinking of trying one of her strength workouts tomorrow.

Now I wished I had tested so I’d know when to get the booster. Well, since I didn’t lose my taste or smell, I’ll say it’s a cold. I think I’ll get the booster next week.

Donna, I haven’t renewed my membership. I guess I’d say still post here as long as we can, and move over there if the forum dies. I still get the server is busy message sometimes, and sometimes it’s slow to load. But someone was here, although I’m starting to doubt it’s Wendy. I think I’ll still post a monthly workout post at Home Fitness.
Old 01-01-24, 03:42 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Happy New Year!!

I went out to run some errands this morning and drop off two bags of clothes at the donation bin. It was sunny then but now it's cloudy and damp, so I'm home for the rest of the day. I rode my exercise bike for about a half hour and walked indoors. I have P90X scheduled for later...

I spent New Year's Eve at my brother's house. We had dinner and watched a movie, but none of them could stay awake until midnight so they went to bed and I came home and watched the last half hour of the Nashville New Year's show and the ball drop from Times Square. I had a cup of celebratory cranberry ginger ale and a cookie and then I went to bed at around 1:30.

I have never supported VF because for as long as I've been posting here (2013), WWWendy has been MIA and I didn't feel comfortable sending money into the unknown. And now with all the current issues, I certainly wouldn't consider it. I just feel like Wendy (or whoever has been signing in as her) should post a note just letting everyone know she's still maintaining the site and what her plans are. That would only take a few minutes, or less!

Donna, I signed up for the VF New Year's Day marathon and my workout is scheduled for 8:00pm so I'll do my P90X nostalgia workout then, LOL!

Sherry, I agree about staying here for now. At the moment, VF seems to be hanging on so might as well wait and go down with the ship! I check the other sites a few times a week.

I do think we should pick a place to meet up if the day comes where the site dies. Sherry mentioned Home Fitness and that sounds good to me, but hopefully VF will continue.
Old 01-02-24, 10:59 AM  
Leonana

No workout yesterday. I did take down the Christmas tree. Dd came over and dh replaced the brakes in her car. Then our friends came over, the husband helped dh install a new ceiling fan in our living room. Dh didn’t have a problem with the dining room, but the electrical had been done wonky in the past by the previous owners in the living room. But they fixed it and we now have two new fans. Very important to have in the summer time here in Phoenix. It’s interesting how the technology has changed on fans since we last changed them, 15 years ago! You don’t have to replace light bulbs, it’s LED and they come with a remote. You use that instead of the light switch.

wishiwasinhawaii, I joined in 2013 also. I did pay once for membership. I remember Wendy posting a few times when a thread got heated, but it seems she’s been missing completely the last few years.
Old 01-02-24, 11:32 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday I did my New Year's VF marathon and nostalgia P90X workout. It was fun to reminisce but I have to admit it felt a bit outdated. I guess that's to be expected since it's 20 years old, lol. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with it as a rotation, but I did the next workout on the schedule (plyometrics) today. I had to modify it and only did it for a half hour. The P90X workouts are all an hour or longer.

Jules posted a new workout called "all-in-one" that looks good so I might do that tomorrow and also want to try Jessica's new uploads.

Sherry, The whole VF situation is strange. If Wendy doesn't want to run the site anymore or can't for some reason, why doesn't she just let someone else do it? Or just announce that she is shutting it down? I guess we'll never know and all we can do is hope it continues and go with our backup plan if it doesn't.
Old 01-02-24, 07:02 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm definitely seeing improvement in my COVID recovery. I had an a.m. PCP appointment today so I didn't workout this morning - I could have - but really didn't feel like rushing.

I got a workout in this evening - a blast from the past....

Yoga Booty Ballet Live - Go Go - this is very cheesy but fun. I am just not in the mood for anything serious right now. It is hard to believe that this DVD is almost 20 years old - it came out in 2005. I guess the original YBBs came out in 2004. crazy. Anyway, this one started with some yoga, then some cheesy/fun dance, then some standing ballet, then on to the floor for bridge work and stretching. It was fun and lighthearted and what I needed today. The cardio was just enough to break a light sweat and get the blood flowing again.

I may do another one tomorrow.

I also did manage to get my dog out for a walk - it was chilly but she enjoyed it.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Donna
Old 01-03-24, 08:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

VF loaded for me this morning!

I didn't do anything this morning - I had a home maintenance appointment, and again, didn't feel like rushing. I will try to get something in at lunch today or this evening. For this week anyway, I'm just going with what I feel like doing and will see if I feel like following some sort of "plan" next week.

I agree that the whole VF situation is odd and Wendy's silence just adds to the mystery of it all. I can understand if she doesn't want to share anything personal, but some message from her about the future of VF would be nice. Or passing the torch to someone else/another group of people to keep it going. The silence just increases the speculation.

It is odd!!

Hope to be back later w/ a workout report.

Donna
Old 01-03-24, 08:05 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been trying to get into VF all day. So frustrating! I've started posting more regularly on the other forums, just in case VF disappears. Someone posted that the VF software is severely outdated and it would be costly for Wendy to upgrade it, so I imagine that means VF won't be around too much longer.

Today I did P90X shoulders & arms (halfsies) and Jessica's standing abs on AAP. I didn't get the workouts in until a little while ago because I was busy with work all day. I didn't have to go to the office today, so that was nice.

Donna, I keep changing my mind about what workouts to do so I'm just doing whatever I feel I'm in the mood for each day until Jessica posts the new series with her mom. Glad you're feeling better.

I better post this before it kicks me out again!

Waves to Sherry and Pam!
Old 01-04-24, 08:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I managed to do:

Yoga Booty Ballet Live - Hip Hop Abs - these are good for mood boosters, they are a little cheesy but fun.

Dog Walk - slow...my dog is slow!

Trifecta Pilates - Reach to Release - this was a nice stretching session.

I spread all of the above throughout the day.

Today, so far:

Trifecta Pilates - Cadillac Mat Class - this was a nice routine, I guess she was mimicking some of the moves you do on the Cadillac but I don't have one and have never used one, so I will take her word for it.

I'll do some type of cardio or walking later.

wishiwasinhawaii - I got into VF ok today and yesterday. The whole thing is just odd!

Waves, Sherry and Pam!

I'm curious to see what Jessica is going to post for January!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna