Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-11, 09:56 AM  
juberann

Val~ Yep, hon, it seems you and I have alot in common
I forgot to mention the new QVC set with the Booster Cables, I have used that series alot, especially the 3 mile walk! The one thing I don't like is that when Leslie goes to use the cables, she's alone and when she's not using the cables she is with her lively group of girls, it makes that workout seem too "choppy" to me and, what the heck, could'nt they afford Booter Cables for everyone? as much as that bugs me, I do enjoy those walks and am happy I have them.
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 10:39 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I forgot to mention the new QVC set with the Booster Cables, I have used that series alot, especially the 3 mile walk! The one thing I don't like is that when Leslie goes to use the cables, she's alone and when she's not using the cables she is with her lively group of girls, it makes that workout seem too "choppy" to me and, what the heck, could'nt they afford Booter Cables for everyone? as much as that bugs me, I do enjoy those walks and am happy I have them.
is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...w-Boost-Cables

Is it worth the money???

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 10:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

My favs are Walk & Jog and Three Mile Weight Loss Walk (the one with Mary Kay's mile).

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 11:05 AM  
juberann

Yep, Carla, that's the one! and,yes, I feel it was worth the money. Some people didn't like the design of the Booster Cables but I have never had a problem with mine, they are really fun to use. That other package shown, the one that includes PowerWalk with Friends, that set is also excellent and about half the price. Those walks are very upper body focused and quite advanced for Leslie standards.
If I had to choose, however, I would definitely go with the Walk*Eat*Lose package with the cables
Old 04-18-11, 11:51 AM  
sherry7899

Carla, I think a VF'er had posted that they saw Leslie's "Walk Eat Lose" set in either Sam's Club, BJ's or Costco...I can't remember which one. If you get it from QVC at least you can return it if you don't like it.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 12:15 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Some people didn't like the design of the Booster Cables but I have never had a problem with mine, they are really fun to use.
I wasn't crazy about the cables, but I use my 2 pound soft hand weights when Leslie uses the cables. I like it! The 3 mile walk is my favorite, but I also really love the 4 mile and the first two ("gentle" and "fast") mini walks.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 01:17 PM  
ssgilby

I personally love the cables, but I can see why some might not care for them. My only caveat is to experiment before you try any moves that Leslie doesn't do. I thought I'd play with them and see if I could do any floor exercises with them. Some worked okay, but the cable things can easily slip off the foot when you're not standing on them. I tried laying on my back with the cables on my feet and doing some leg raises. One of the cables slipped off my foot when it was up in the air above me, and it snapped back down to the floor. It missed my face by less than an inch. Man, it would have hurt like the dickens had it made contact with my face! So, yeah, proceed with caution if you're experimenting with doing stuff Leslie doesn't do. LOL!
Old 04-18-11, 08:23 PM  
juberann

YIKES, Shelley SO happy that cable didn't whack you in the face, that would've hurt, you're right.
I have been so tempted to experiment with the cables but havn't done so, hearing about your experience will keep me from doing so. I learned a lesson at your expense. Thanks, buddy
Old 04-18-11, 11:32 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Ah yes, I forgot about that one! I actually rarely do the longer walks from that set because of that! Well, that and because the group somehow doesn't do it for me.. too bright/neon colored (besides the fact that none of the well known walkers are included, contrary to what the cover of the discs has us believe!..) and not to sound mean but the guy in the wheelchair really distracts me somehow..
The cables itself are ok for me; only things like shoulder presses make me nervous as I feel the cables aren't long enough (I'm 5'8) and I'm afraid of getting it snapped in my face.. but so far it hasn't happened!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 01:32 AM  
juberann

Oh, I forgot to mention that! thanks so much for saying something, Val Overhead presses with those cables? nope, ain't gonna happen, would'nt happen if I wanted it too, something BAD would happen if I so much as attempted an overhead press with the cables, what was Leslie thinking? I am nearly 5'8,as well, and I can't figure out how she ever stretched those bands that far (even given the fact I think Leslie is quite a bit shorter).
And I am ashamed to admit it but the guy in the wheelchair bugs me, as well, but apparently he lost 100 pounds doing Leslie's workouts so...... I don't mind the group too much but, as I said earlier, I wish these walks included everyone using the cables

Tags
bat cave, leslie sansone, walking workouts, watp