Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-24, 09:23 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for the 2024 thread, Alta - now if only VF would consistently send me my email notifications for subscribed threads!

Here's something I've been wondering about. My hair has always be thin, super-fine, and super-straight. As I've started to go gray, it's gotten drier, and like they do for most people, many of my grays are coming in coarse and wire-y.

I've started to use much more conditioner as well as more deep conditioning products. I'm wondering if it would make sense for me to use conditioners (and maybe other products) designed for curly hair? The majority of my hair is still the original brown, straight, and fine (you can see me on my YouTube channel).

Thanks for your thoughts!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 12:53 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I've found that most of the different types of conditioners work about the same on my hair.

I'm still looking for a holy grail concealer that doesn't highlight my wrinkles!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 01:57 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Thanks for the 2024 thread, Alta - now if only VF would consistently send me my email notifications for subscribed threads!

Here's something I've been wondering about. My hair has always be thin, super-fine, and super-straight. As I've started to go gray, it's gotten drier, and like they do for most people, many of my grays are coming in coarse and wire-y.

I've started to use much more conditioner as well as more deep conditioning products. I'm wondering if it would make sense for me to use conditioners (and maybe other products) designed for curly hair? The majority of my hair is still the original brown, straight, and fine (you can see me on my YouTube channel).

I've been using John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum after washing my hair, before drying. It's about $10 at Walmart but a little goes a long way. I think it helps to smooth my hair somewhat, and makes it softer/shinier. There are similar anti-frizz serums/oils out there that probably do a similar job. I used a L'Oreal version previously, but I think I like the John Frieda better.

For reference, my hair is thick and wavy. I don't know how these products will translate to thinner, straighter hair, but I don't believe it will flatten it or anything like that. Like I said, I think my hair is smoother, softer. It didn't really make it look less thick. I recommend reading the instructions. I think most people should start with using one pump of the John Frieda product to see how it does for them. I've been using two pumps because my hair is so thick and I believe that works best for me.

HTH,
Donna
Old 01-26-24, 03:26 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Are you still into makeup? I remember watching your YouTube channel. I still watch a few makeup channels, although not as many as I used to.
I am still very much into makeup. Not buying as much cause I'm mostly retired, don't leave the house as often, and who can afford as much anymore.
Also not filmed for a long time, but I think this spring I'll get back to filming for both my fitness and my beauty channel.

Just picked up the newish Natasha Denona I need a Nude palette and I'm in love with it.
Old 01-26-24, 03:28 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post

I have found my magic formula to be condition in the shower and spray with leave in conditioner immediately after. I use pantene, which retails near me for $6.
Kitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 04:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the concealer recs! I'll look in to those brands.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 05:20 PM  
TracyQ

After my favorite concealer from Bare Minerals was discontinued, I asked my esthetician for a recommendation. She recommended I go to Macy’s to have them match me for a MAC pot.

I got a MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 broad spectrum. I think it was around $28.

I like it enough, but once it runs out I will continue looking.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 07:54 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I am still very much into makeup. Not buying as much cause I'm mostly retired, don't leave the house as often, and who can afford as much anymore.
Also not filmed for a long time, but I think this spring I'll get back to filming for both my fitness and my beauty channel.

Just picked up the newish Natasha Denona I need a Nude palette and I'm in love with it.
It has gotten expensive, even drugstore. In fact, I think drugstore has had even bigger price increases.

When I first watched makeup video, I was on a strict budget. Now I can spend more but I still love finding those drugstore dupes.

I don’t buy as much as I used to, but I did pick up a Colourpop nine pan pallete at Target the other day.
Old 01-26-24, 08:27 PM  
rhbrand

Well now I HAVE to know which Colourpop palette you picked up. Cause I have a drawer full of Colourpop palettes, literally.
Old 01-26-24, 09:26 PM  
Leonana

Lol! It’s Gone Metal. It has some taupes, silvers, a dark gray and black. I use eyeshadow as a liner and wanted a darker gray for that. I mainly got it for that color.

Tags
2024 beauty, 2024 beauty thread, beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2024, off topic, off-topic