Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-17, 08:19 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ051279 View Post
I signed up for Studio Sweat for a year. I had used them before then switched to Pelton. I missed the instructors at Studio Sweat. They just seem more down to earth.
I did that too and now Im getting a little bored with Peloton. Is there still a lot of whooping at SSOD? That was the reason I cancelled.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-17, 08:23 AM  
upperwside

I will continue with Cathe live. I love the variety and I love Cathe!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-17, 03:22 PM  
Exercise Diva

Barre3 - upgraded to their weekly workouts and can't wait to get on a regular schedule with them. Love that it includes cardio and is well rounded. I'm tempted to subscribe to Callanetics though when I tried it last year my body ached afterwards, but Lannette's post about how to start off with these might just have convinced me to give it another shot. My form was probably way off.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-17, 07:55 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I did that too and now Im getting a little bored with Peloton. Is there still a lot of whooping at SSOD? That was the reason I cancelled.
I have done a few so far and I haven't noticed it.

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-17, 11:13 PM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
So....after trying to stay away from exploring Pilates by Lisa.....as I thought it would be too hard for me....I finally went to her Website and previewed a workout, and it seems it is something I can do. However, I can't afford $25 per month. Is there anything comparable for free on Youtube? Please don't say she's in a class of her own.....I have no income right now!!

I really could use something to help back pain also and I see she has some specific practices for sciatica, etc. Interesting!
Daniel from fitnessblender is a PT and he posts pilates specific or pilates influenced workouts in addition to their more interval focused setup. This channel is also run by a PT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SacredSourceYoga
This pilates teacher also has a therapeautic slant: https://www.youtube.com/user/balanceinme/videos I use this one frequently. I have iliopsoas bursitis and scoliosis.
I like Usia's recs too!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 11:37 AM  
beospenser

I've been using Tone It Up workouts which are streamed through their site once you purchase them.
beospenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-17, 11:30 AM  
walkrtalkr

I am subscribing to ZGYM and B360.. I am getting disappointed in ZGYM because her workouts are getting to where they're not for the everyday person. I don't want to be a professional athlete to do them. If you try to make any suggestions the whole site will jump you. Also when you're paying a monthly fee who wants to go back to old workouts. You want new workouts. She does post about three each week but probably one out of the bunch is useable for the average exerciser. I know you want to be challenged but hers are getting over the top.

B360 is rebounding workouts excited to try it....leigh
walkrtalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 10:09 AM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkrtalkr View Post
I am subscribing to ZGYM and B360.. I am getting disappointed in ZGYM because her workouts are getting to where they're not for the everyday person. I don't want to be a professional athlete to do them. If you try to make any suggestions the whole site will jump you. Also when you're paying a monthly fee who wants to go back to old workouts. You want new workouts. She does post about three each week but probably one out of the bunch is useable for the average exerciser. I know you want to be challenged but hers are getting over the top.

B360 is rebounding workouts excited to try it....leigh
I agree with your zgym opinion. I'm canceling my subscription to this
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 06:14 PM  
Julier
VF Supporter

Loving the Peloton app. Going to look into Bryan Kest.
Julier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 04:47 AM  
walkrtalkr

Thinking of trying Les Mills on Demand....what is everyone's opinion on this site....
walkrtalkr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming services, streaming video