Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-09, 08:20 AM  
Donna D

Fluidity Barre vs Health Mark Portable Ballet Barre

Unfortunately I have not been able to find a barre in my area on Craig's list.

Do any of you own the Health Mark Portable Ballet Barre, which Physique 57 refers to on their web page? The price looks good with free shipping - http://www.mercantila.com/p/health-m...e#ReviewHeader

Wondering what the pros and cons are of each barre. Thanks for your help.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 08:23 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Just curious - what is your location, Donna?

You could get Cardio Barre's portable barre and carry bag for $144.95 delivered: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/home.asp I have this and it's fine. For $10 more you can get it with Cardio Barre workouts & 1-lb weights.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 08:24 AM  
sundari

My barre is just like the Bar Method and the Lotte Berk. I bought mine from Gaiam on sale for $125 a while back. I've had no problems with it and it works great. It is stable and the height adjusts.
Old 09-13-09, 08:32 AM  
Donna D

I'm in Buffalo, NY. As this is a major investment I want to make the right decision. Appreciate your help! Thanks.
Old 09-13-09, 08:34 AM  
PhyllisG

Thanks for asking this question Donna. I was wondering too. I see fluidity barres on Craigslist from "best offer" in Bellport LI to someone a couple of miles from me asking $150 for the barre DVDs etc. Thought about offering half that since the listing has been up for a month now. But then I wondered about the portable ballet barres. For now I guess I will stick with my chair.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 08:44 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Thanks for asking this question Donna. I was wondering too. I see fluidity barres on Craigslist from "best offer" in Bellport LI to someone a couple of miles from me asking $150 for the barre DVDs etc. Thought about offering half that since the listing has been up for a month now. But then I wondered about the portable ballet barres. For now I guess I will stick with my chair.

Phyllis, I own so many barre workouts, I thought it was finally time to make the investment (and one last "me" purchase before Christmas). I do have a workout room so I can keep the barre assembled at all times. I'm anxious to see what everyone recommends.
Old 09-13-09, 09:38 AM  
PhyllisG

Now I am looking at the cardio barre because I want to get those w/'s. Since getting P57 I have become obsessed with this! Donna you said you have so many barre w/o's so I have to ask which are your favorites. Right now I have P57, TA Mat and the 2 Essentrics. I am looking at Cardio Barre and Pershing Squares. I also have Ellen's Studio Series and Release.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 05:22 PM  
jahra

Just purchased the Fluidity Bar and love it! I have it set up permanently,
and it would be heavy to move from room to room. That said it is very well built
and stable. I had a portable barre years ago which had a saw horse design
for the legs. It was easy to carry but tipped over easy. I donated it recently
to a dance school and with a student on either side of it during warmups--stability problem solved .

Both Cardiobarre and the Fluidity bar have gotten good reviews.

re cardio barre-I have the dvds on order, the book is excellent. Very well done
and lots of good info. fyi
Old 09-13-09, 06:22 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Donna, I asked where you were located because I would offer to sell you my Cardio Barre inexpensively if you were near NYC. It's a great barre but I have a wall-mounted one so don't need it anymore.

Good luck with your choice. You can't go wrong - they're all good.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 07:25 PM  
Lisa A.
VF Supporter

I got my Fluidity barre off of eBay for $86 + shipping, I think I spent right about $135 total. Not a huge savings from those other barres but a little. It was brand new in the box with all the booklets, bands and the ball w/pump - and it was a private seller. I totally love it and think it was money well spent.
Lisa A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre