Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-07, 01:35 PM  
Brick

Boa 2000

I have a Boa 2000 jump rope -- it has a different design to it, and works great. If interested, you can read about it HERE
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 01:37 PM  
silvil
VF Supporter

Yep, I kinda thought it would be tough to jump rope on a Bosu! But if some of you are already roping on a rebounder, which I consider pretty unstable when compared to the floor, the next logical step would be a Bosu....

OT, but if you want a REAL balance challege (and want to break your ankles while you're at it), get on a Bosu with 4" high platform sandals! That's what I did on a Bosu floor model at a store over the weekend and pretty much fell over like a fool. I had never been on one, and chose the wrong footwear for the day. Oops!
silvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 02:58 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer
I jump rope a little bit, as part of following CrossFit. I have the GoFit jump rope from Target and I am (or, rather "was") fine with it. Until I tried a performance jump rope. My trainer had me use one of these. What an incredible difference. Jump roping was fun! If you really get into it as cardio, consider buying one of these:
http://www.buddyleejumpropes.com/
thank you for the link. I never heard of this man. my bad for sure. I now want one of his ropes to jump. Even If I jump for 2 minutes it will get me going.. I have to see what size. Probably a short. Good thing they come in lengths so you don't have that big over the head swing. I never knew there was a science to this and how to get better at it. hummm. new goal to set for myself. and a new rope coming soon.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 03:12 PM  
Castella

I always have to shorten my ropes, I'm just not that tall.

With the leather rope, I tie knots in it near the handles and that works OK, but it's not great. With the nylon ropes, I try to get one where you can open the handle, cut off the necessary length, re-knot it and close up the handle again.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 03:28 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Can you do that with this Buddy lee system? with those ball bearings in there?

~~~Cheryl

Old 11-26-07, 04:12 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvil
I've been meaning to get a good quality rope for months now and I've seen Buddy Lee technique videos online throughout the years, but didn't know he sold his own ropes. I got a Ropemaster for me and a Junior Speed for my kids to share. They have been using my jumprope more than me lately!
don't let the children stop jumping. It's great. Wish I never stopped. I loved double dutch rope. I got pretty fast at it also. also, Chinese jump rope.

~~~Cheryl

Old 11-26-07, 06:10 PM  
ladybug79

I wish I could jump rope! I think it is fun and it is an awesome workout, but I'm too top heavy to comfortably handle all the bouncing. And I have not found a supportive enough bra to allow it.
ladybug79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 06:14 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody
don't let the children stop jumping. It's great. Wish I never stopped. I loved double dutch rope. I got pretty fast at it also. also, Chinese jump rope.
Oh SO true! One of my huge pet peeves these days are all of the "sports" games on video game consoles. Excuuuuuuuse me! Sports are meant to be played with the BODY! The idea of a child sitting playing baseball just KILLS me! Riding bikes, jumping rope, all the things we did before technology decided that kids don't need exercise (thank goodness for the new wii!).

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 07:00 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

can you exercise with a Wii?

~~~Cheryl

Old 11-26-07, 07:07 PM  
dmhammy

Its interactive. You swing the controller to hit the tennis ball on it and such. Its pretty cool. My youngest wants one for Christmas but I'm having a hard time hunting one down. It exercises more than just your thumb muscles lol.

Dawn

Yes I admit it, I'm addicted to fitness. I guess I need a 12 step program or maybe just 12 good steps to jog up and down on

2/260
dmhammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cordless jump rope, jump rope, jumproping, jumpsnap