Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-18-07, 12:36 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Mary Kay of Leslie Sansone

Okay you all that know Leslie workouts. I have a question.

I have WALK AWAY THE POUNDS with LS and it's a blue cover. It says WALK AND JOB at the bottom of the video.

I have Leslie Walk at home 3 mile weight loss walk with the pink cover.

In the 3 mile walk, Mary Kay has on black and Grey and she does the second mile of the 3.

In the other video, Leslie refers to a Mary kay but this lady is 1/2 the size of the other Mary Kay.

My question is. Is that her? The one and the same on both Videos? She looks 100% different if that is her. I've never seen anyone in any video still be there after they lost the weight and still be doing it.

Makes me say oh ya, walk on.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 01:05 PM  
plcm111195

It's the same Mary Kay. She's been with Leslie forever.
Old 12-18-07, 01:15 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

She looks great. I mean Great.!!! what a difference. Now explain how come she can change and the instructor doesn't change? How come her body hasn't changed in all these years? I don't get this weight thing. How do we know when our body will just not change any more?

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-18-07, 01:38 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

I'm a little confused by the posts here. Yes, its Mary Kay in both videos (she's in many many Leslies..). The WATP Walk and Jog was before the three Mile Weight loss walk that was released in 2007 where Mary Kay leads the second mile (wasn't Walk and Jog in either 2002 or 2004?). Mary Kay has gained some weight - not lost - based on the most recent video. It totally does not matter to me as we all flucutate up and down. Regardless of what her weight is, she is in great cardio vascular shape!
Old 12-18-07, 02:03 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody
Okay you all that know Leslie workouts. I have a question.

I have WALK AWAY THE POUNDS with LS and it's a blue cover. It says WALK AND JOB at the bottom of the video.

I have Leslie Walk at home 3 mile weight loss walk with the pink cover.

In the 3 mile walk, Mary Kay has on black and Grey and she does the second mile of the 3.

In the other video, Leslie refers to a Mary kay but this lady is 1/2 the size of the other Mary Kay.

My question is. Is that her? The one and the same on both Videos? She looks 100% different if that is her. I've never seen anyone in any video still be there after they lost the weight and still be doing it.

Makes me say oh ya, walk on.
Walk And Job ? I've never heard of that one. Is it a video to be done at work, walk while you are on your job ? Or is it Walk & Jog ? tee hee

... (btw, you know I like you if I tease you. )
Old 12-18-07, 03:13 PM  
Pykkalo

I have a Leslie video made sometime during the 90's, it has all those funky pink, yellow & green neon colors that were so popular back then. I think it's a 4-mile walk (3 miles with a bonus mile at the end). Anyway, Mary Kay is a lot thinner in that workout that in her recent ones, like the new 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk.

Truthfully, I'm not sure if I feel encouraged or discouraged by looking at Mary Kay. I'm about the same size she is in the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk, and I keep thinking, "She's been working out for ages and she's still overweight!" (Like me, I just cannot lose weight no matter how much I diet & exercise!) I try to remind myself that I'm quite a bit younger than she is, and she's in great cardiovascular shape and has a lot of energy, but still...
Pykkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 04:14 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Walk and Jog predates the 3-mile Weight Loss Walk by several years. Mary Kay's weight gain is fairly recent, so far as I can tell from videos. I have no idea why she gained weight... very possibly menopause, thyroid issues, who knows? I find it inspiring that she is still working out, still obviously quite fit!! I personally would keep right on working out if I gained weight, because I like to work out! And I like how it makes me feel! And I'd rather be fit than not, regardless of my size. So GO Mary Kay!

I like seeing a lifelong approach to fitness like that. Through thick and thin (literally!), just keep working out. Mary Kay is an inspiration.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 04:56 PM  
sherry7899

Susan, I was just going to post the same thing-her weight change could be due to medical issues. She obviously still has great cardio endurance, and that is what's important. I always really enjoy seeing her in workouts. She smiles all the way through every workout.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 11:39 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit
I'm a little confused by the posts here. Yes, its Mary Kay in both videos (she's in many many Leslies..). The WATP Walk and Jog was before the three Mile Weight loss walk that was released in 2007 where Mary Kay leads the second mile (wasn't Walk and Jog in either 2002 or 2004?). Mary Kay has gained some weight - not lost - based on the most recent video. It totally does not matter to me as we all flucutate up and down. Regardless of what her weight is, she is in great cardio vascular shape!
oh. see. I didn't know that. now that makes sense. But boy how she gained, wonder how that happened.??? Thanks for the insite.

I have not been with Leslie so I don't know that she had an increase. I didn't know the years and when was filmed but it would be nice if it were the other way around.

and ya, I'm still walking on my job... lol I walk a lot.

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-19-07, 04:59 AM  
Carol_is_fit

Copied directly from the VF Guidelines:

Though VFers discuss every aspect of their videos and video instructors, we ask that posters stay away from criticism of a particular instructor's (or cast member's) physique or other qualities that have no bearing on the quality of the workout. Everyone has their own definition of physical beauty, and fit women and men come in all shapes and sizes. Such criticism undermines the inclusiveness of this Forum.

I find this discussion of a background exerciser's weight offensive, not to mention it's blatantly against the guidelines to critique someone's body. Am I missing something???? Someone please help me out here and explain why this is going on. Thanks.

Carol
Carol_is_fit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone, mary kay bruening, the big burn, watp