Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-03, 09:46 AM  
coco722

Anyone have the new Weight Watchers DVD/video?

I joined thursday and really wanted to buy, but for 30 bucks wanted an opinion first!

i'm an intermediate that likes EASY to follow videos, and i do enjoy lots of lighter workout days. seems this would fit the bill for me.

any opinions?

oh, also, i heard that the points earned is right on the package, how many do the workouts burn?

TIA
coco722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-03, 10:39 AM  
PamelaP

Funny you should ask...

...since I just finished the Get Fit workout about 20 minutes ago! It's the most advanced of the three workouts on the DVD, and I have to say I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm a former advanced exerciser who is now back to being more of an advanced-beginner due to PF, a knee injury and currently uncontrolled hypothyroidism.

I did the middle intensity workout last Sunday and liked it too. Basically both of the workouts I've done have been structured in circuits with short cardio segments featuring two or three choreo patterns, followed by a couple minutes of weights or toning work. Nancy Popp is a terrific instructor, as always. The choreo is easy...not super-duper easy like Leslie Sansone, but probably closest to Fat Burning for Dummies if you've seen that one. She doesn't go back and repeat previous cardio segments; each circuit has its own unique choreography. All three of the workouts are about 35 minutes long including the cooldown.

Oh, and the production is excellent. They look a lot like the newer Firm workouts (same producer).

The chat before each workout includes a graphic as to how many points are earned. I don't think I can go into any more detail than that without violating guidelines, so PM me if you want more info.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-03, 11:45 PM  
coco722

Thanks Pamela!!

sounds like i will like it, i'll pick it up at my meeting thursday.
coco722 is offline   Reply With Quote