Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-13-21, 10:29 PM  
Jules

Wacky Wednesday! This morning was my cardio day and I did Les Mills The Trip #20. Definitely my new fave! This one is intense and has lots of standing hill climbs, speed work and jumps. I really like the music and futuristic scenery - reminds me of Blade Runner. I followed it up with Travis' Short & Sweet #2 ... Total Sweat Fest!

Yesterday I did BodyShred: Rise + Flexibility & Beyond Short & Sweet. This was the last BodyShred workout in Level 1. Tomorrow I will start doing the Level 2 workouts.

Kim: Great question! I have 2 yoga mats. One is a thinner Gaiam mat that I prefer to use for fast-paced practices. The second one is a mat that I found at Costco around Christmas. https://www.costco.com/lolė-yoga-mat...100704547.html It is cushioned and I like using this one when I do yin yoga. It had a very strong odor at first but smells ok now. Of course I am tempted to buy one of those round mats!

Malinda: Shaun Week sounds like fun! I love him too. It is so nice to relax with Travis after Jillian yells at me, LOL.

Kate: Thanks for the link! Looks like she has some shorter practices which is what I am doing right now. I will have to give her a try. My Strong & Sweaty workouts have been gathering dust too. I like them so I don't know why I don't do them more often? I esp. like PHA Training and Cardio Slam.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 11:47 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Thursday already and MN is in the bullseye for a blizzard again. Just started snowing a little here and supposedly we're only supposed to get 1-2 inches in the next couple of days but really high winds. I grabbed some groceries yesterday so don't have to go anywhere. But you know what that means? Shovel Max.

Jules: I really have meant to check out some of the spinning workouts on LMOD but haven't. I would do them on my elliptical.

Today I did BOD MBF Day 9 Core Circuit + Day 11 Core Circuit. So although I am enjoying MBF, these workouts are getting a bit repetitive with the same exercises. I don't mind repeating things in the different rounds, but each workout really needs to be a bit more different. But I like these and the core work is good.

Yesterday I found a great 30 min practice on PowerYoga by Bryan Kest called Indulge or Discard. Mellow with just a wee bit of strength and lots of good stretches.
More Power Yoga later today!

Take care!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 12:24 PM  
Mickey12

Jules I am SOOOOO tempted to buy a round mat. The thing that stops me is I really don't have any place to store it. I work out in my living room. As it is now I have my yoga mats rolled up and tucked under the couch and loveseat. There is just no place to store a large round mat.

Kate great idea to do spinning workouts on your elliptical. I do Cathe's spin workouts on the treadmill. It's not exactly the same, but I can get a good workout and God forbid I don't own every.single.Cathe.DVD ever created!

Our weather here in Pennsylvania has been really mild for January. Kate good thing you got your groceries ahead of time. I can tell you're very equipped to handle the Minnesota weather.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-15-21, 11:40 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

TGIF my friends!!!

Kim: I have easily been able to adapt spin workouts to my elliptical. Like all the Cardio Coach workouts.
Our weather has been extremely mild too. Only ONE day below zero and we should have had several by now. I can like it!

And the storm mostly missed me in the west central part of the state. In towards Twin Cities they got slammed. Only minimal Shovel Max for me.

Today I did MBF Day 12 Full Body Burn + Day 13 Power Ignite. These are two really good full body workouts. Similar to week 1, they use weights and bodyweight with a fair amount of kettlebell influenced moves. I love that Megan usually goes heavier! Although a couple of times when she used 5s or 8s, I used 10s and 15s.

So far, no dread with Muscle Burns Fat. Next week is the last week of the "regular" workouts then three weeks of MBF Advanced.
And I'm still going to mix with Cathe.

I also just got Paul Katami's 4x4 set in trade so after MBF/A I'll add those in to my rotation.

QOTD: What is the worst workout you've ever done? Like a "Joni-O" type workout?
That's a hard one. Right off the top of my head, I never cared for the RevAbs workouts.

Have a great weekend all!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 01-15-21, 12:35 PM  
Mickey12

QOTD The worst workout I have ever done. Wow, unlike Kate I can think of tons of terrible workouts I've done. I recall a Heather Locklear VHS workout (remember back in the day when all the celebrities were putting out workout tapes?) I got at a flea market or very cheaply on Ebay or somewhere. One of my biggest pet peeves is when the aerobic moves are not on beat with the music and this workout was COMPLETELY off beat to the music. I just couldn't do it. It was truly awful for me.

I also bought a 10 DVD compilation of workouts that were from the early 1990's and repackaged. They were basically no-name instructors with really, really bad production. There was not one single workout in that set that was good for anything. Truly terrible. At least I didn't pay a lot for it.

I acquired an old Leslie Sansone VHS workout after reading here how much people loved Leslie. It was just her alone in a room that looked like a living room. I was dumfounded how anyone could find her workouts enjoyable given that she did only 4 different moves for an entire workout. After about 15 minutes I couldn't stand it anymore. Now since then, I bought a lot more of her workouts with background exercisers, various sets, etc. and I sincerely LOVE Leslie Sansone now. Actually, I wish I still had that old VHS workout because I can't figure out where it was filmed and I would like to see it again.
Old 01-16-21, 11:48 AM  
Jules

Good Morning! I'm sipping coffee at my computer before I start my day. We got a little snow last night, but not enough for Shovel Max.

I started doing the Level 2 BodyShred workouts and I have to modify some of the moves now. These workouts are intense! On Thursday I did Amplify + Flexibilty & Beyond: Foundations. Yesterday I did Escalate + Yoga 30 for 30: Chi Flow. Today is my cardio day. I have not picked what to do yet.

QOTD: Tough question! I usually research my workout purchases in advance and only buy what I like. I do own some workouts that I rarely do because of the dread factor: Dream Body, Horizontal Conditioning & Tonique. I also have the Striptease workouts by Carmen Electra. Can't bring myself to do them.
Old 01-16-21, 03:19 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Good Morning! I'm sipping coffee at my computer before I start my day. We got a little snow last night, but not enough for Shovel Max.

I started doing the Level 2 BodyShred workouts and I have to modify some of the moves now. These workouts are intense! On Thursday I did Amplify + Flexibilty & Beyond: Foundations. Yesterday I did Escalate + Yoga 30 for 30: Chi Flow. Today is my cardio day. I have not picked what to do yet.

QOTD: Tough question! I usually research my workout purchases in advance and only buy what I like. I do own some workouts that I rarely do because of the dread factor: Dream Body, Horizontal Conditioning & Tonique. I also have the Striptease workouts by Carmen Electra. Can't bring myself to do them.
We were watching an old episode of Monk this morning and Carmen Electra was in it. Funny how you brought up her workouts and I just saw her in a tv show.

Oh, and those Body Shred workouts look like that are seriously HARD! Good on you, Jules!
Old 01-18-21, 01:23 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kim: I've actually had more "bad" workouts but I couldn't seem to bring any single workouts to mind. I can't handle anything Jane Fonda.

Jules: I did Shovel Max on Saturday but we only got a couple inches of snow so I pushed it all out of the driveway with my push shovel.

Today I started Week 3 of MBF. MBF Day 17 Upper + Day 15 Lower Body Burn together again. Slight increases in weights and some similar moves but nice slower pace so you can go heavier.
I read the GD thread about MBF and MBFA - Kathy has enabled me before. I'm hoping that the Advanced workouts will still be fun even though Kathy said there was some dread.

Yoga will be from PY site again. Lots of new practices.

Hope you all have a great week!

Old 01-18-21, 06:49 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! Today I did BodyShred: Amplify + Yoga 30 for 30: Flow & Stretch. Amplify felt a tad easier today than last week. Yesterday was Flexibility & Beyond: Hips. On Saturday I did BodyCombat 77.

Kim: I love Monk too! It's my go-to comfort show.

Kate: I had to do about an hour of Shovel Max yesterday too. Just a couple of inches but it was the heavy, wet kind. Do you plan to jump right into MBFA?
Old 01-19-21, 09:36 AM  
Malinda

Happy Tuesday!

It is warm and muggy here in Central Texas today; we had snow one day last week - like, a couple of inches - it was so exciting! I'm sure you ShovelMax experts are rolling your eyes!

Catching up on workouts:

Wed. - Shaun Week, Day 3 - Weights
Thurs. - 5.75 mile walk
Fri. - Shaun Week, Day 4 - Abs
Sat. - Off
Sun. - Body Project's Cardio Starter with DH
Mon. - Shaun Week, Day 5 - Riptensity - wow

Today I will do Shaun Week, Day 6, which I think is Speed. I've enjoyed these workouts.

Kim - I only have one yoga mat, and I rarely drag it out now that we have puzzle mats on the entire workout room floor.

Kate - I have eyed 80 Day Obsession but never taken the leap. I've done the Cardio Flow workout from A Little More Obsessed a couple of times, and I liked it.

Jules - Great job on sticking with your rotation! I used to be so good at that...

QOTD, worst workout? I bought a boxing workout at Half Price Books way back when I first started working out to videos, and it was quite dreadful. I have no idea who the instructor was, but it was in a boxing ring and very dark and just not what I was looking for. That's the only one I can think of. As I've said before, the few Firm workouts I tried didn't thrill me, but they weren't bad - just not for me.

I hope this is a great week for everyone!