Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-21, 08:43 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I was just reading on the Jessica Smith Junkies FB page that Janessa is being bullied in the group and outside of it. How ridiculous! What is wrong with people???

Yesterday I did my Total Gym workout and walked 10,000 steps. Haven't done anything yet today.

I found out I have to have minor laser surgery on both eyes, so not looking forward to that, but I am grateful we live in a time where my issue can be corrected. So, silver linings. I'm taking it easy with exercise until I get more info on what I can or can't do until I have the procedure done.

Sherry, let us know how you like the program! I saw some people are having trouble with accessing it, but I'm sure they'll iron that out.

Liz, I'm going to guess that Debbie and Beth don't appear in the new set due to COVID and not being able to be in the same room, since these appear to be filmed indoors.

Donna, I feel the same way about the new set as you do. It looks like something I'd like, but I just can't do it right now for many reasons.

Pam, I took a tai chi class years ago that was very 'new-agey' and it was not my cup of tea, lol.
Old 03-05-21, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

wishiwasinhawaii - that is just awful about Janessa - I don't even know her (I'm not on FB) but that is very disappointing to hear that some people apparently do not out-grow the middle school mentality.

Good luck on your laser surgery, my DH had a detached retina and one that was about to detach that they fixed w/ laser surgery. He is not a regular exerciser, so I don't think he asked about restrictions.

But, when my vitreous detached my eye dr basically said to avoid high impact and inversions - which is not a problem since I don't do either one of those activities!

Good luck!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:32 AM  
Leonana

Well, I don't have the program quite yet. Some of us are having issues. I think there were so many people buying it, it overloaded the system.

I can only access the program through the link in my purchase receipt email. Since it is not in my Purple Player library, I can't watch it on my Roku. I have contacted support, and the first person's advice did not help. I need technical support now. Hopefully, it will be fixed. I need it on my Roku.

I can see why this system took awhile, and why PP is having problems. Jessica wanted a check in and forum website, where she will be participating, and also have it linked to PP. I believe this is the problem, it's something new.

Liz, I'm with you. I'm staying out of GD!

wishiwasinhawaii, she was talking about the thread in GD, she read it. At first, I thought she was overreacting. I thought people in the thread were critical, but not bullying. And then I realized she was right. It's so subtle and passive aggressive, you don't see it at first. Janessa was also referring to people who email Jessica. Apparently, some people get upset that Janessa gets an advanced copy to review. But if you've seen Janessa's reviews on Amazon, you can see why Jessica trusts her, she does great reviews.

Donna, you were right about that one poster who made a comment about Jessica's child. On the surface it seems understanding, but in reality she was hinting that Jessica was a bad mother because she doesn't brag about her child online, which is basically exposing her child to strangers on the internet. It's nuts.

And I'm also upset about my last posts in the lifted and lean thread. I posted about dvds, and someone twisted my post into another criticism of Janessa and Jessica. And I'm mostly mad at myself, because I fell for it, and thought it was my fault, and apologized. I tend to do that, think I made the error. But it wasn't my fault, it was a passive aggressive criticism.

Sorry for the rant! I will calm down soon. I think I'm also a bit disappointed I can't access the system yet. Those who have seem to love it.
Old 03-05-21, 09:45 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, thanks! My issue has to do with being at higher risk for developing glaucoma. Apparently, it's something I was born with but no one ever mentioned it until now, for some reason. But the procedure to correct it only takes a few minutes, which is amazing. I'm going to another ophthalmologist to get a second opinion and I'll take it from there.

Sherry, Try not to be too upset. People online can be nasty and I don't understand why they think it's ok to act that way when they (hopefully) would not act that way in person. It seems that since Jessica is doing something a little different this time (mostly due to COVID) some people just can't handle the change, which is unfortunate, but that's their problem, not yours.
Old 03-05-21, 12:35 PM  
Leonana

Okay, sorry folks for the rant. I'm calm now! Everything is fine. Since I'm a moderator in the FB Group, it puts me in the middle, and I find that stressful. For that reason, I need to stay out of GD. I said that before, then waffled. I need to stick to it. But thanks for listening to me, I'm feeling pretty good now.

I did the first half of the Total Body Strength, Compound Superset. Oh boy, she isn't playing around. It's 50 minutes, around 8 minute warmup. I did the first 30 minutes, and I'm dripping sweat. The moves are slow and controlled, but it's heavier weights, lots of reps, with no rest in between. I think I'll do the second half this evening. Although, that affects the results, because you are supposed to do the workout to achieve failure of the muscles. I want to try all the workouts and get ready for the March 15 challenge. This is what I was looking for, so I'm happy so far.

Liz, I've only done half of one workout so far, but it seems to be a good system if you want to build strength with heavier weights, and create more muscle.

Donna, it's been windy here also. My allergies are going nuts.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's great that they can correct it with minor surgery. I have the beginning of cataracts. I'm 61 and I'm trying to hold out until I get medicare. The Costco ophthalmologist said I would need it in five years. And thanks for the support.
Old 03-05-21, 12:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Classical Stretch Aging Backwards 1205 (Back Pain Relief!)

Hi Ladies,

Today, along with Miranda's workout, I added Lee's Qi Gong (Strong Bones) as well as David-Dorian's Bamboo Fusion (workout one.) These gentle workouts feel great!

wishiwasinhawaii, sorry to hear about your glaucoma! My DH was adopted so doesn't know too much about his family history, but his adoptive mom had glaucoma. You're so right that modern medicine really is wonderful today and things are only going to continue to get better!

Sherry, I'm so sorry about the Purple Player situation and troubles people are having with it. Just needing the PP app was one of my concerns with Jessica's new system.

I feel bad for Janessa and Jessica, too! People should be ashamed for behaving so badly.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:48 PM  
Leonana

I didn't do the other half of the workout this evening. It's always hard to motivate myself in the evening.

Pam, I never had a problem with PP before this. I think it's because I decided to change my email before I bought the system. Even though I changed it in my PP account, my old workouts were still connected to the old email. PP support merged my two accounts, but it still didn't work.

But you can also access the workouts from the Lift and Shift website. So I can still do them on my phone or tablet. I just can't use my Roku. Most people have had no problem with it, I seem to be one of the few. I'm special I guess, lol.
Old 03-06-21, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post for me this morning, my DD has an eye dr appointment and since she is not 18 yet, I still go w/ her in case anything needs to be signed. She'll be 18 in less than six months - hard to believe.

So...speaking of "never say never" - I subscribed to Trifecta Pilates for one month. It is pricey at the monthly price, but I did not want to commit to a year - so one month - if I find I use it - maybe I'll consider something more long term. I have been wanting to focus more on Pilates w/ the hopes of it helping my back/hip issues...so..here we go! LOL!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla - March Challenge Day # 6 - Met Con - I liked this - it was a circuit that you do twice - 30 seconds cardio, 60 seconds strength. Done in under 30 min.

Trifecta Pilates - Abs & Legs - this was a Level 2 workout on her site and it did up the challenge a bit - felt good about it.

Sherry - I am really sorry for the stress you were under over the GD posts, you did nothing wrong - just so you know. It is a shame that people have to behave so badly over this - I mean, it is a workout system - put it in perspective!! I feel bad for Jessica and Janessa, too. It sounds like a good program so far, hopefully everything will work itself out w/ your access.

Pam - very nice workouts!!

wishiwasinhawaii - good idea to get a second opinion. It really is amazing what they can do these days w/ minimally invasive procedures. My DH didn't have to have full on eye surgery thanks to the lasers!

Waves, Liz!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 09:32 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizh View Post
Pam - I just looked up David-Dorian Ross on youtube. Looks interesting! Have you been doing Tai Chi for a long time? Is his 100 days of Tai Chi good for beginners?

Liz
Sorry I missed this, Liz! I've never done any of his Tai Chi workouts on YouTube. The first session was about ten minutes, IIRC and he demonstrates two exercises. So, lots of stopping and standing to talk. Not the flowy workouts I'm used to seeing on DVD. He also has something from Great Courses, which I don't have but I imagine it's historical as well as some practices from when he was much younger. I have his beginner DVD that may have been a Gaiam release and I don't remember that one. Ha, I'm a big help here. ;-) If you're on Facebook he periodically has event classes and the next one is March 9th called "Tuesday Morning Flow Show!" It's at 10AM EST, but I believe he's on the West Coast (California, maybe?)

April Focus:
Old 03-06-21, 03:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Classical Stretch Aging Backwards 1206 (Full Body Strengthening!)

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

I did Lee's Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge (Day 1 & 2) along with David-Dorian's Tai Chi Fit Over 50 Balance (workouts 1 & 2). DD used Tai Chi balls in the 2nd workout which challenges the balance a bit more, though nothing too difficult with this one. I think Lee and Miranda's exercises (even Jessica) work on balance and stability a bit more.

April Focus:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy