Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-04-21, 06:41 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Nothing for me today. This has been a very busy week for me with lots of running around and early appointments. Today I had my scan test which was scheduled for late morning and that messed up with my workout time. After that we went on a grocery run and by the time we came back, I didn't feel like doing anything in terms of a workout.

Brenda, congrats on finishing your classes for the quarter! Awesome! That's a great achievement.

Donna, thanks for the links. The first link didn't work for me but the second did. Why someone thinks they can charge $49/month for their subscription is beyond me. I wouldn't pay that for a top instructor let alone for someone, shall I say obscure? At least to me? I tried to look up her credentials and I wasn't able to find much. Wow!

Carol, good think that Texas Education Agency gave you some guidelines and they will still require students to wear masks. Lifting that requirement is way premature and reckless.

Speaking of Covid, my cousin (flight attendant) came down with Covid couple of days ago after dodging the bullet for over a year. She's pretty sick and I worry about her because she also has asthma. She lives in Europe and her partner came down with Covid first. Fortunately he's feeling somewhat better but she told me she'd never been so sick in her life like now. Very upsetting. She's my first cousin and because she's an international FA and used to come to ORD often, we are pretty close. Last time I saw her was in October.

I too, received email from Jessica regarding her new program. I viewed the clips of the workouts, listened to the narrative, read the description and I am not interested. Not only because the progran is a purple player download but...I'm just not interested in what I've seen. Maybe I'll change my mind sometime along the way but as of now, I have zero interest. I still don't know what was so difficult with Jessica posting 6 months ago that this program will be streaming and/or download only. Since other instructors released DVDs in the past 6 months, the theory that ALL DVD producers shut down because of Covid just doesn't make sense. Nonetheless, I hope she does well with this program, but it's not for me.

Waves to all!
Old 03-04-21, 08:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Define & Align: Cardio Fusion Circuit – 30 minutes

This was a tough workout for me – it was the same basic setup as the Cardio Strength workout -3 strength exercises, 1 cardio exercise, each done for 45 seconds or so and repeat the circuit. There were 3 circuits and then you moved to the floor for a little bit of ab work and a quick stretch. Modifications were given.

Dana - So sorry about your cousin! I will keep her in my prayers.
I felt the same way about Jessica's new program. It isn't balanced enough for me and the darn workouts are just too long, not to mention the lack of DVDs.

Christine - Good job! I haven't managed to do any of Robin's challenge workouts this week.

Brenda - Woohoo on finishing up your courses! That's exciting - enjoy your break. I'm like you - this will be the first Jessica release I haven't purchased since her really early stuff. Oh well, it's just not for me.

Donna - Nice workouts! Wow! $49 a month? Who does she think she is, Tracey Anderson?

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 06:56 AM  
fanofladyvols

Christine any workout that has mobility in it draws me in immediately! I have compiled a running list and an instagram collection. Love that stuff!

Brenda congrats on finishing early. Good luck on your painting! Exercising is just the practice for the real game day workouts like painting!

Dana I don't understand the whole Jessica release either. Not sure why she let someone not employed by her announce through FB live the issues with a dvd release instead of using her own voice through her email blast. It's odd.

Carol I'm glad you're in a better place and that your school will feel good about the decisions it makes.

Donna your reaction to the streaming cost cracked me up. I always wonder if it's a difference in the market the trainer is surrounded by that dictates the cost rather than the actual need to charge that to provide. I know it's their living and I don't know what overhead is involved plus the value of their personal time. They need to feel motivated to produce so they need to make money as well. There are just SO MANY free options and SO MANY personal trainers available. I think that puts a pretty low ceiling on the subscription cost. Plus, every month is ONE LESS DVD

Finished up my squat challenge but still working on my Turkish get ups and single leg deadlift challenge. Takes me longer than the stated days but I don't care.

I am trying to figure out how to continue improving with kettlebells but do other things.

Hope a good weekend is here for you!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I walked our Golden - it was windy, but it was still nice to get out and walk.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - March Challenge Day # 5 - Finding Your Core - this was more of a mental workout than anything else to find and work your core. Not a lot of steps or calories burned w/ this one! But not a bad thing to do!

Robin Long/TBL - Day 5 - Full Body Strength

I am going to pass on Jessica's workout set - I don't want to work that hard or make that kind of commitment right now.

I am thinking of subscribing to Essentrics for a month - they are doing live workouts M-F for the rest of this month!

Dana - I hope your cousin feels better soon. ugh

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:00 PM  
furmomof6

Hi,

TBL: Full Body Strength Pilates

I ended up enjoying the few TBL workouts I did, and of course now I feel that I may get pulled into joining the Sisterhood for a month, lol. Linda was right, never say never!

I haven't done Jessica's workouts all that much, but it seems her loyal fan base is used to the 30 minute workouts with variety. I wonder why she strayed from that with this set being all strength, longer workouts and no backgrounders? I hope she does well with it!

Linda, Good job on the squat challenge! I've learned to go at my own pace with workouts too. Even if it's take longer, you're still getting it done!

Dana, I hope your cousin feels better!

Carol, I laughed at the Tracy Anderson comment.

Donna, I miss my walks! I did take my dog out for a short walk once this week, but it has been so cold and windy.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 08:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Define & Align - Pilates Sculpt - 30 minutes

I loved this workout! It’s my favorite so far. It was a bit like a fusion workout – the first 15 minutes or so is standing work with the ball and weights and then the remainder of the workout is on the floor. There isn’t much work on the hands, which is a plus for me, nor is there much traditional pilates work. There is a ton of work with light weights and the ball. Karen changes the moves up frequently – you rarely do a move for more than 45 seconds or so. There is very little down time. I felt thoroughly worked out, but not wiped out, when I was finished. I would love an entire set of workouts like this one.

Good news today - the biggest school district in our area announced that they are remaining masked for the remainder of the school year. Practically speaking, I think that will really help us with our parents.

Christine - Good job! I've got to do some of those workouts from Robin before they disappear. Maybe tomorrow.

Donna - I don't want anything that hard either. I'm guessing that type of work is what Jessica used to get back in shape and it worked, so she wants to share it with us.

Linda - I think she's Canadian - I wonder if that has anything to do with the pricing. Turkish getups are tough! I never did master them.

Carol
Old 03-06-21, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post for me this morning, my DD has an eye dr appointment and since she is not 18 yet, I still go w/ her in case anything needs to be signed. She'll be 18 in less than six months - hard to believe.

So...speaking of "never say never" - I subscribed to Trifecta Pilates for one month. It is pricey at the monthly price, but I did not want to commit to a year - so one month - if I find I use it - maybe I'll consider something more long term. I have been wanting to focus more on Pilates w/ the hopes of it helping my back/hip issues...so..here we go! LOL!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla - March Challenge Day # 6 - Met Con - I liked this - it was a circuit that you do twice - 30 seconds cardio, 60 seconds strength. Done in under 30 min.

Trifecta Pilates - Abs & Legs - this was a Level 2 workout on her site and it did up the challenge a bit - felt good about iit.

Christine, LOL! Look at the two of us - we're hopeless! LOL!

Carol - I'm glad to hear that sanity prevails in the school community.

Waves, everyone ---

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 08:58 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Donna & Christine - I've not done a single one of Robin's challenge workouts, but I'm finding myself drawn to the subscribing to Robin's site when she opens it on Sunday/Monday. LOL! A true vidiot! In fairness to me, my plan today and tomorrow is to actually do some of Robin's workouts...

Carol
Old 03-06-21, 09:26 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Define & Align - Functional Cardio Blast - 30min. I love the 30min format and I enjoyed this class but it didn't raise my heart rate much. One pet peeve: There was a misspelling in the title of the workout at the beginning of the DVD. It said CADIO instead of CARDIO. How did they miss it?
Leslie's Walk to the Hits Radio Remix 2 miles - 30min.

I was surprised to see that I burned more calories during Leslie's walk than Karen's Functional Cardio Blast. Not much more but still.... I never paid attention to it before but I have a new respect for Leslie's walking workouts.

I'll have to have a talk with Mr. Oliver. He follows me around the house and always likes to know where I'm at but he'd never "bothered" me during my workouts. Today, he was full of energy and kept playing with his ball chasing after it in and out of my workout room. Then as soon as I started doing some floor work, he immediately started rubbing against me and walking all over me. He finally plopped down on his back in front of me asking to have his belly rubbed. He was so darned cute that instead of stretching, I was hugging Oliver. This has to stop.

I'll check back later. Waves to all!
Old 03-06-21, 09:31 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Ladies,

I just noticed that they are putting in a Club Pilates location about 1 minute from house. Oh dear...

Carol

Tags
jessica smith get strong