Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-03-21, 10:12 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was S&S Total Body Giant Sets + core. I took yesterday off as another rest day. I've felt super uninspired the last few days.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 07:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. We are having cold and kinda rainy weather here today and yesterday. We did see the sun a few minutes this afternoon. That was wonderful as we have had so much rain and mist and fog lately.

I ran by myself this morning as my 2 buds had time conflicts. It was fine and nicely cold in the mid 40s for 4 miles.

Vannie I like your plan to do a chore first before working out. Makes sense to accomplish something in the house.

Jbliff do you have walking or hiking weather yet?

Cher sorry about the poor sleep and hope that will get better. Did your thyroid test go ok?

Hi Gibbee!! Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 07:52 AM  
Cher

Yesterday’s workout was Inner Dimension TV Yoga Basics.

Karen - Surprisingly, it was 58 degrees here yesterday! I did en up going for a short walk just to get out for a bit.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:00 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a long river trail walk with DH (a little over 1-1/2 hours). It was a beautiful sunny day outside with highs in the upper 50s. We saw a blue heron standing within 3 feet of us and I made DH take a picture of it. It was the closest I've gotten to a heron in a while.

Cher - Sounds like we both had the same weather! Glad you were able to go out for a walk.

Karjoy - I think it's going to be walking weather for a while. We're looking at 50s and 60s the next 10 days.

Vannie - I can't get over the variety of workouts you do in a day.

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 03-05-21, 07:15 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe Athletic Step Warm-up and combos 1 & 2, IMax 4 warm-up and step combos 1-5, then back to Athletic Step for the stretch.

I broke down and bought Jessica Smith’s new Lift and Shift program. I really need to do more strength training and this mainly that. As you all already know, I’m not a fan of streaming but I’ll give it a go. I really have no motivation at all for a while now and thought since this is new, it might help. Who knows.....but I need do something. I’ve been slacking off and really need to get back into my old frame of mind. Plus I figured on some of the shorter days, I can add a little cardio if I feel like it. I’m thinking of doing the first workout Total Body Strength Compound Supersets today so I’ll let you all know what I think. I figured you have a 60 Day money back guarantee, so we’ll give it a try.

Some Covid restriction changes here.....restaurants, bowling alleys & movie theaters can now have 50% (was 25%) and stay open until 11 pm instead of 10 pm, and large stadiums can now open but only have 750 people in them. As of March 22, people over 50 are allowed to get the vaccine so that includes me but since none are ever available here, I don’t se that happening for me or DH yet any time soon. I really wish we could get one before we are supposed to go to Florida in May.

Gibbee - When do you think you will try Lift and Shift?

JBliff - Your walks sound lovely! We only had nice weather for a day. It was only a high of 38 yesterday. I’m ready for walking weather here.

Waves to Karen & Vannie!
Old 03-05-21, 07:36 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. What a beautiful day we have had here! Low 70s during the day and beautiful sunshine and low humidity. And it is chilly at night and it is cool till noon. We live for this weather!

Cher it sounds good that your area is slowly opening up. It sounds like they are trying to do it right. Not like Florida where everything has been open for months. Sigh. I do have to say that we are doing great with vaccines. We are now vaccinating 50 and above with significant comorbidities. There are vaccination sites all over. If you have extreme comorbidities like sickle cell disease you can get vaccinated as long as you are over 16. I’m glad you are going to try a Jessica Smith strength program. Almost every one of my patients over 65 has gotten both shots.

Jbliff glad you can be outdoors too! Hopefully before it gets hot maybe you can even do some outdoor, well spaced events. I am really getting cabin fever and wanting to do some travel and now we can now at least think about it. How are vaccinations coming in your area?

Vannie I got a smile from your saying that you got in 10 minutes on the bike trainer. I will never forget going to my first Spin class. After 10 minutes I remember thinking only 40 more minutes of torture to go! . Good job!

Gibbee thinking of you and Alex, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 01:11 AM  
Vantreesta

Thu 3/4 199 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 5) WED
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) WED
32 minutes (from 2.4 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day1/Ambient Osaka Cherry Blossoms walk 2/ TWINS!!!) WED
14 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 3) THU 1st time
28 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 10) MON 28
9 minutes (from Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates -Butt) WED
20 minutes (from Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
76 minutes (from 3 dog walks 4.92 mi)

Fri 3/5 131 minutes
8 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 6) THU
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT) THU
12 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 4) FRI 1st time
11 minutes (from bike trainer 30) THU made myself go one minute longer than last time!
30 minutes (from L. Sansone Walk off Fat Fast Fat Burning Walks -30 Minute Big Burn) needed more calorie burn!
55 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.74 mi)

I think the wheel value is still wrong on my bike computer. It said I barely rode faster than I run, which is not very fast! I made myself ride for a minute longer than last time. My quads were still on fire but at least I was steady getting off it this time. I almost fell when I got off on jelly legs the other day! I need to have hubby look at the bike again this wknd bc the brake pads are still touching the wheel and I don't think the chain is on right. If I shift on the right side it seems fine but shifting on the left doesn't seem right.

Karen, I was trying to remind myself that a couple years ago I could ride for 60-70 minutes! Crazy how hard it felt.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 06:54 AM  
Cher

I tried the first Lift and Shift workout, Total Body Strength Compound Supersets. It was a little harder than I expected. In this one after you do one set of each exercise, she repeats all the exercises a second time so very easy to shorten and only do one set which end about the 30 minute mark. (Which was tempting ), but I did both this time but you never know in the future. I did lighten up the weight on a couple exercises on the second set. I found she didn’t move to fast on this so easy to go heavier if you wanted.

I watched the next workout, Fine Toning so I knew what to expect for today when I do it and i think I could have a hard time with it even though it’s supposed to be lighter. It just looks so different from what I normally do. We’ll see though. The one thing I don’t like though about this set is all the repeating. It’s a mind thing with me - I’ll just have to power through!

They are just so ridiculous on vaccine availability here in Michigan. I don’t know what the heck the people in this state distributing them are thinking. There are areas that are getting so many for them that they can have the nerve to refuse the Johnson & Johnson one while most other areas are getting none! Send the damn Johnson & Johnson one here then! I don’t care which vaccine I get! I’m so irritated with the whole vaccine availability thing. (If you can’t tell already ). Okay, rant over!

Karen - We still have A LOT of over 65 that have not been able to get an appointment for the vaccine yet. Send some of that beautiful weather up here!

Vannie - wow, you get in a lot of workout time! How irritating about your bike. Hopefully DH can help you get it working right.
Old 03-06-21, 08:18 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I was sick Thursday so no workout. Yesterday I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and a Classical Stretch workout focusing on the core.

Cher
- I hope you enjoy the new workouts. That's crazy people are turning down the J&J vaccine. I'm like you. Get whatever one is available! I read that the J&J vaccine is 95% effective about 50 days in so it's just as effective as the other 2 over time, and you only have to get one shot!

Karjoy
- Our state's vaccination program seems to be going really well. So far we've got 2.3M people vaccinated (almost 900K receiving 2 doses). We're averaging about 51K shots a day. We are getting almost 70K doses of J&J vaccine this week. The governor is also very slightly easing restrictions. I got a call from my sister in France this week and she said if you are outside without a mask you get a fine of 135 Euros!

Vannie - Good variety of workouts as usual.

Gibbee - I hope you are doing well.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 03-06-21, 08:41 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, my workouts are my sanity right now. I always struggle more with depression and anxiety in the spring, plus next Thursday is a year since we lost my mother-in-law and next month will be a year without my mom. I'm finding even more than usual that working out is keeping me from the sinking too far into the pit (and the couch).

JBliff, I'm enjoying doing more variety after so often doing just running and yoga. I love running and yoga but I kept blowing off workout days and only doing those and my body needs so much more! I would like to get in more strength work but for now this routine is okay.

Karen, I think the big chore first is about the only way for me right now. Whatever I get done first gets done the best and if I wait till after I workout it may not get done at all. Funny thing I've realized this week is that almost without trying I have become an afternoon exerciser, which I never though would happen! Always before, exercising btwn like noon and 6 PM, unless it was hiking, would make me just crabby for some reason.

Gibbee, I meant to comment a while back that I love that you keep an LED candle going at the mausoleum. Any way to keep that feeling of connection is comforting. As the one year mark approaches for my mom, I am thinking of getting wind chimes for my grandma and aunt and some type of plant or tree for my dad and brother. I will most likely be visiting my mother-in-law's grave this month and want to do smthg for my father-in-law.

I have no idea how vaccinations are going here in MN. Two of my over 65 friends and their husbands have had both their doses, that's about all I know! My one friend is impatient to get hers but can't yet since she won't be 65 until November. I just don't watch news at all and don't even listen to radio very often anymore. I listen to podcasts, streaming music or my own music mostly. And now there's baseball again (another thing that helps me get through spring)!!!

I better get moving and walk Cyric then workout. Hubby is working, hopefully only for the morning and not all day, so I'm hoping to be done and showered before he gets home.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote