Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-21, 07:37 PM  
Vantreesta

I did another oldie today, Buns of Steel Total Body Fat Burner. I decided to just ditch what I had planned for the rest of the week and do whatever workouts sound fun. It's one of those weeks where if I tell myself I have to stick to the schedule I will just bail altogether. This way saves the week! I'll get back to tri training next week.

Daphne, Cyric is German Shepherd, Australian Cattle Dog and somehow a little American Eskimo, according to his DNA test!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 03:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne M View Post

Beware of texts from Cleda.
This whole post made me smile!!!!!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 02:45 PM  
Daphne M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
This whole post made me smile!!!!!

Cleda
That's funny because I was still in pain when I wrote it. But it was so worth it and now I have a new St Paddy's tradition!

Pratima - I'd still love to hear about your iFit rowing bootcamps. You inspired me today for sure!

After a warm-up jog, I created my own rowing bootcamp this morning with:
(1) a mix of 3 different 10-minute Hydrow rows -- a Breathe from Nick, a Sweat from Michelle and a Posture/Technical row from James;
(2) Cathe's RWH Upper Body Circuit; and
(3) a short Peloton core strength workout as a finisher.

I loved this whole combo.

I haven't done that particular Cathe workout in years and forgot how enjoyable it is. The RWH series is one of my favorites from her. I balked at buying the RWH set for a long time because I thought it sounded way too intense, but Gail (runninggirl) raved about it so much that I finally broke down and bought it. So glad I did, because they're NOT crazy intense but they do have a fun factor that feels missing to me in some of Cathe's more recent workouts. (I don't know why.)

It was also a joy to combine three very different rowing workouts. Nick was rowing at Clemson and it was wildly foggy. Just his head and his arms floating in the thick fog and the rest was wreathed in fog. A nice steady-state calm row.

Michelle 's row (in sunny Miami beach) was harder; in fact, I missed a key part of the story she was telling because I started grunting over it.

James was at Lake Lanier and his was a technical row -- I only averaged 16 S/M with all the pauses to check position. Great practice for a really tight core.

I'm really excited about the next workouts that Hydrow is releasing because they've been filming out west somewhere. I'm not sure where -- I doubt it's Lake Tahoe but that's what it looks like. Bring it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoy the MARCH MADNESS! (Wahoowa! and Rock Chalk!)
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 02:49 PM  
Daphne M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Daphne, Cyric is German Shepherd, Australian Cattle Dog and somehow a little American Eskimo, according to his DNA test!
We did Nema's DNA too. (It was a Fathers Day gift for Norm. ) She was something like 70% golden, 20% setter and 10% West Highland terrier -- that was a surprise.

PS -I like your plan! Do the fun workouts. The most important part is to just keep moving.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Old 03-19-21, 03:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne M View Post
We did Nema's DNA too. (It was a Fathers Day gift for Norm. ) She was something like 70% golden, 20% setter and 10% West Highland terrier -- that was a surprise.

PS -I like your plan! Do the fun workouts. The most important part is to just keep moving.
Ha! The Westie would be a surprise in a Golden! When we got his results I did a little reading on Eskies since none is evident in looking at him. Prick ears is a trait of all three breeds so no telltale sign there. I read that Eskies were used a lot in circuses and would walk on their hind legs for tricks and stuff. It made me wonder if there could be any genetic component there bc Cyric walks on his hind legs a lot and I never trained him to do that. Obviously we don't know his history and he was housebroken when we got him but we know he didn't have the best life so seems odd to me he would have been trained to walk that way. He totally surprised me the first time he did it. We were walking at my parents' place, out in the desert, around a track my dad had graded. There are scraggly bushes all around the center of the track and he stood up on his hind legs so he could see the rabbits over the bushes! He does the same thing when he is barking at dogs on our walks. It is just bizarre. He is unique, no doubt about it!

I woke up late and blah today. Watched Nancy Drew while I ate breakfast then took an hour nap before we walked. For all my talk, I doubt I'll workout today. It's already 3 and I'm fixing to work some on my workout spreadsheet. We still have two more walks to do so not like I'm being as big a slug as I am at my father-in-law's!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-21-21, 12:18 PM  
Vantreesta

It seems like at least one of you uses the Strava app. I was wondering if the free version is worth using. Like does it give any more interesting or helpful stats than I get in the Garmin app? I probably don't need it. I honestly don't even remember for sure what rabbit hole led me to thinking about it!

My idea of doing fun workouts to save the week didn't pan out. I was going to workout after I ran errands yesterday but all I wanted to do was snuggle Cyric and then hubby got home from work so it didn't happen. We went out for supper and for some reason I got a bad headache while we were out, bad enough that I didn't even wait to see if it would get better before taking anything for it. The ibuprofen helped but the headache was back when the meds wore off so I ended up taking more before bed. It's still bad today. I took Aleve and ibuprofen this morning and have been trying to do neck stretches to help but ugh. I may try some peppermint tea. I hate taking so many NSAIDs. I have my workouts planned out for the week and am looking forward to them. Hopefully my body will cooperate!

Old 03-22-21, 12:23 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Hi All,
I don’t know when I last posted, but I got all my workouts in, one way or another. I spent the weekend in Virginia Beach for Megan’s soccer tournament (which they won!). I ran 5 miles Saturday morning on the paved trail along the beach. I had seen that the Shamrock Marathon/Half/8K was scheduled for that weekend but was “virtual.” I put “virtual” in quotes because they marked the course and encouraged you to run it starting whenever you want, and there was only limited support. Or you could run it wherever. So many people were on the course, which included the 2.5 mile (5 round trip) trail along the beach. Normally I would think that was fun, but it was WAY TOO CROWDED during COVID times. I had my mask on so much of the run. But, it was along the ocean, so every time I got frustrated with too many people too close, I looked at the ocean and breathed the best I could through the mask. It was SO NICE to run along the ocean. Sunday morning I did Earth Body Yoga as the sun rose over the ocean. It was way too cold and windy to do outside, but we had an oceanfront room, co I could do it inside and see the ocean. Very cool.

More to say, but the answer I was waiting for from work just came in. Happy Monday!
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 02:43 PM  
Daphne M

The SPRING Endurance check-in thread is here.
Breast Cancer Survivor