Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-24, 12:17 PM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Barre Sculpt (from Walk Strong 3.0)
Jessica Smith - 15 min stretch (from Walk Strong 3.0)

It is raining and dreary here today.

It is interesting comparing Jessica's earlier workout from today to her newer workouts. I find her newer workout to be slower paced and more focused on form and control. Today's Barre Sculpt felt a bit speedy to me after dong some of her newer workouts this week.

Sherry - I'm glad to hear that your condition is improving!!

wishiwasinhawaii - sounds like a nice day and I'm glad your friend was able to encourage you about the surgery.

Neita - congratulations on finishing Condition!

I was saddened to hear about Kate Middleton's diagnosis. I hope that whatever she had was caught early and she can put this behind her.

Hope everyone has a nice day - planning on reading and puttering.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 01:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I ended up taking a rest day on Friday. We had to get our cat into the vet for his rabies vaccine before our trip to CA, and they squeezed us in for an early morning visit while we waited, as they were all booked up all the other days leading up to our trip. Then DH & I went out to breakfast, after taking cat home. Afterwards we were on a mission going to three Italian bakeries in search of Zeppole pastries.

Today I did Cathe's Boss Bands Total Body workout. A very fun workout and a little more intermediate than typical Cathe stuff. Added some yoga at the end with Dean, too!

Rainy weekend here!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-24, 06:38 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Hello!

Saturday was somewhat of a Recovery day: Started the morning with Jessica, I did part of her new Full Length Fusion Sculpt. (I'll do the second half on Sunday morning.) Followed it with some yoga: a morning routine from Movement for Modern Life. It was a really nice stretch.

Later in the day, a one-mile walk around the local park and some introductory Pilates moves, using a book.

Next up for me: I really like how my body feels after doing 2-3 rounds of BUILD and CONDITION, and lots of FUSION workouts. One of the reasons I didn't do much (any?) ManFlowYoga is that Dean's work overlaps with Jessica's exercises in those collections, so it was too much. So now those collections are done (for now), I plan to start his "Strength Foundations" program - which is all about activating and strengthening the three stabilizer components: shoulders & upper back; core/torso; and hips/glutes. I'll use Jessica's STRENGTHEN workouts for the primary movers. Cardio ... Likely will be walking/hiking now that Spring is here. May also sprinkle in some short sessions of Expresso Bike at the gym and Les Mills BodyCombat. I like having a plan!

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-24, 08:37 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

This morning I did Flow Cardio from the Feel Good Fusion DVD. I don't think I'd ever done this one before because it didn't look familiar at all. It was filmed outdoors near the ocean. Very pretty scenery. I liked the workout and will plan to do this one again. I never paid much attention to fusion workouts before, but they are very effective. The next two days are rest days on the schedule, so I guess I can say I have finished the SHED month and will start SHINE probably in late April, early May. I'll do the Fusion collection while I'm recovering.

Donna, That's interesting that Jessica's older stuff seemed faster paced compared to her new stuff. It's good that she's evolving and not afraid to change things up.

Pam, We drove through the Little Italy section of Providence when I was there a couple of weeks ago, but it was early and none of the bakeries were open yet. Did you find the Zeppoles?

Neita, Sounds like you got a lot in yesterday! I think your upcoming workout plan sounds great!

Waves to Sherry!
Old 03-24-24, 12:57 PM  
Leonana

Feeling better today, most of the congestion is gone. I’m still fatigued but not as bad as last week. I rested all day yesterday and am resting today. I did feel worse yesterday, that last antibiotic pill knocked me on my rear, it’s strong stuff. Plus, I strained my muscles again from coughing. I think that’s been the worst part of it, it hurt so much to cough! Fortunately, my muscles are starting to heal.

I ordered the Lee Holden dvd. I thought seven minutes a day would be a good start once I can exercise again.

The high was 80 today, but it rained last night and the high is 65 today. The weather can’t make up its mind.
Old 03-24-24, 02:17 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I just did:

Jessica Smith - Yoga for Balance and Core Strength

I am planning to get out walk later, with my dog and then probably some on my own for extra steps.

Saturday was pretty lazy other than my formal workout.

Random notes - I am definitely enjoying the Fusion Collection and will probably continue it next week. I'm taking it one workout at a time - as soon as I say I'm going to do something else catches my eye - so I don't want to jinx myself!

Sherry - I'm glad you are feeling a bit better - agree, those antibiotics do take a lot out of you. I think the 7 Min Qi Gong will be a great way for you to ease back into things.

Since you and I are skincare nerds - did you see that Cetaphil looks to have a Cerave PM dupe -

https://www.cetaphil.com/us/moisturi...990530612.html

At least in packaging, I think it is actually a re-packaged version of this one:

https://www.cetaphil.com/us/moisturi...993889038.html

Also they changed their tinted sunscreen to SPF 40 instead of SFP 20

https://www.cetaphil.com/us/moisturi...995889005.html

I used to use Cerave but I find Cetaphil, Vanicream and Eucerin work better for me.

Everything is so expensive though - even these drugstore brands are pricey now.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-24-24, 03:16 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

After Dean's yoga, I added Lee's Qi Gong (Day 1) from his 30 Day Challenge DVD. I might start his challenge earlier than April 1st, since I'll be missing about 12 days in April. I also added Miranda's Classical Stretch 1201. That one was all about the feet, but I may just do them all in order selecting all the standing episodes. Those are my favorites. So, we'll see...

We had our pet sitters here this morning and they were here TWO hours! Nice girls, but strange that they wanted to just hang out with our cat (and us), LOL. We had a different sitter over the Christmas holiday and she turned out to be a bit of a flake, so we didn't ask her back.

Sherry, glad you're beginning to feel better. That coughing has got to be the worst! Good that you're continuing to rest when you're able.

Wishiwasinhawaii, I'll keep you in my prayers for Tuesday! Oh good...you went to Federal Hill!!! Yes, we got brought more Zeppole's home than were good for us, haha! Love Jessica's Feel Good Fusion workouts!

Donna and Neita, good job on Jessica's fusion workouts, also! That's my favorite style of workout, with her! Maybe I will do more of those in April, too!

Neita, I'm having a bit of FOMO with regard to Dean's new Engage platform, but I don't think it's going to be right for me. I'm more interested in his yoga and not engaging with the men who also do his yoga, ha! It would be neat to be able to do the 'Live" classes, instead of just his recorded sessions in the members area. But still, he's going to charge premium prices and I have other subscriptions I'd be more interested in.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-24, 04:47 PM  
Leonana

Donna, no I didn’t see that new Cetaphil moisturizer. The CeraVe PM Moisturizer breaks me out, so I use the Cetaphil Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer. I think I will stick with that one, it works well for me.

Yes, drugstore skincare is getting expensive! Just for fun, I asked for the Cetaphil peptide serum, undereye moisturizer and sunscreen for Christmas. Out of the three, I like the serum best. I use it in the morning. All three are pricey.

https://www.cetaphil.com/us/products...990260045.html

It’s the same for me, CeraVe products don’t work as well for me.
Old 03-25-24, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did walk my dog and then added on 3 miles with Leslie. I needed extra steps!

Today so far:

Jenny Ford - Step Across the U.K. # 2 - Caerphilly, Wales - I enjoyed the step workout but the scenery was a bit gloomy with rain.

Jessica Smith - Total Stretch 17 min workout - the 30 min Deep Stretch was on the schedule for today but I didn't have time for it after the step workout. I may try to squeeze that in tonight or at some point later this week.

Sherry - thanks for sharing those products, I have been reading about peptides and thinking about adding them in!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Waves,

Donna
Old 03-25-24, 03:39 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Hello!

Sunday:
I finished the rest of the "Standing" portion of Jessica's new Full-Length Fusion Sculpt. (I was doing 15 min at a time just to wake-up/get some morning movement.) Followed by a 10-min morning yoga sequence from MFML.

Later in the day I took a short hike. A trail that I like stops at a shoreline and there's a bench overlooking the river. Nothing is around, just a beautiful pristine view of nature. I took a book with me and sat and read for a bit before continuing my walk. I've always been focused on "being in Nature" means hiking; but I'm now enjoying just "being".

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote