Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-13-20, 04:45 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Pam: Thanks for sharing the link! I watched it. (now to see if I ever try it or do it?) lol. It did look good though. And then I got sidetracked watching videos. So easily distracted. oy .... (Taylor Swift with Jimmy Fallon with a video after lasik eye surgery?)

Waves to all.
Need to post and run.

9/12/2020: Power Zone 45 minute endurance ride
with Matt. This was actually easy. I like him to tell us we can keep cadence wherever is comfortable (from 60-100 !!) Wide range, I play with it a bit, but settle in around 77 to 80. Lots of zone 2 recovery. Great ride for those trying to go from 30 minutes to 45 minutes without getting overwhelmed. (I'm on the lookout for rides like this to recommend to my son for when he gets his Peloton!) Post Ride Stretch

Worked yesterday. I'm tired today. Was going to sleep in. Well, that didn't happen.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 10:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 13:
~20 min rebounding
~20 min gliding
~WOW: 30 min Movie Night walk....with all of the above, I cracked 10,000 steps, all indoors
~Yamuna’s stretch
~My own reclined yin stretches....forward bends, hip openers, deep shoulder stretches

We are still shut ins from the smoke. Our air quality on a 10 scale, with 10 being the worst, was a 10+ today. Hopefully the west coast will get some rain to clear the air & get the fires under control.

Cleda - I’m chuckling about you getting sidetracked by videos! Nice for you to have a more relaxing ride.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 04:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Pam: Yep! that's me. As dh says to me all the time, "Oh look ~~ there's a bunny!" I sure hope you get rain soon. I keep seeing the devastation on the news. The cars buried in ash, the roads, the air quality. It is awful. I hope things get better soon. What I didn't understand is the advisory to wear a mask when you go outside. Aren't you guys wearing masks for covid? Anyway ---- prayers!

Waves to all. I have to post and run. Need to get the workout in before it gets too late.

9/13/2020: Rowing 10 minutes (mostly technique and drills - felt it was time to revisit that), Adrian's 45 minute boot camp (tread & weights), Sundays With Love 30 mins. (Can't remember the virtue and too lazy to go look), PRS, Adrian's Leg strength session 10 mins. (Cuz Nancy "Double dog dared" me. ). Then we went to the park to play Pokemon Go/Harry Potter and dh decides he wants to "walk". (Dh never walks) so 5 miles later !!!!!!

That's it for now.
8/18 rowing sessions complete (right on schedule - tomorrow is halfway through September!)
almost done with Week 4/8 weeks of PZ challenge (I'm ahead - good cushion)
Life is good!

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 09-14-20, 05:01 AM  
Helen

drive by

Sunday
Les Mills - Body Pump 54 with buddy
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 04:41 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I lost a long post while on vacation, my iPad and VF don't always work well together. Since I'm so far behind, I'll try and just post my workouts.

9/10 - We did go to the Women's museum, very interesting. In the same town they have a sculpture trail that was fun. We tried to go to the It's a Wonderful Life Museum, but it was closed. Looking in the window, I don't think it was much of a loss. Apparently Seneca Falls was the inspiration for Bedford Falls from the movie. They had bells attached to the bridge we walked over to get to the Sculpture trail.
9/11 - We left the rental house and headed to Letchworth State Park. This park is rated the #1 State Park in the country and I can see why. It's huge, includes 3 large waterfalls, many recreation areas, playgrounds, nice bathrooms, etc. We did some short hikes, hitting the highlights. We ran into a Ranger and asked him a question, next thing you know we are getting a personal guided tour! He was so nice, giving us some history of the place, pointing out what the CCC built during the Depression. He also had stories about stupid things that visitors have done at the park. It was awesome.
9/12 - Back to Letchworth where we hiked 2 different trails, which both turned out to be longer than advertised. We ordered take-out from the local diner and took it back to the park to eat, then walked around some more! I ended up with 22,941 steps for the day!
9/13 - travel day, no workout, just laundry.
9/14 - Day 11 with Pahla, 1 Mile Happy Walk with Keoni, 15 min. Morning Rebounding w/o with Fayth. There will be a dog walk after dinner.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 07:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 14:
~Pahla B’s Bounce & Tone - This is my first Pahla workout aside from the stability ball stretch I did a few weeks ago. It was okay, 25 min, all on the rebounder, a strength/cardio interval workout but not high intensity. But she talked CONSTANTLY, didn’t even stop to catch her breath. I like her but man she is more chatty than Leslie! I couldn’t do her workouts all the time.
~20 min gliding
~WOW: 20 min walk set in front of a field of sunflowers - the music was good & no talk was refreshing!
~ETV: Sasha’s Live Cardio Workout
~Yamuna’s stretch
~closing in on 8000 steps, don’t think I’ll make 10 today

We are still smoked in, but it’s raining as I write this so I hope it clears the air!

Cleda - We are not mandated to wear masks here, although it’s highly recommended and a lot of people do. Some business and all health care related facilities require it. We mask when we go inside a building, but not outside unless there are a lot of people around or we can’t social distance. I wear a mask outside in the city, but where we live is rather rural. We rarely run into more than a couple of people when we are out walking and everyone keeps their distance.

Lili - Your vacation sounds lovely, especially the guided tour from the ranger! I love trail hikes!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 07:26 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Yay ...

Lili: SO EXCITED ... LOVE the new Avatar. Thank you. !!!!!!

That's all for now.
More later.
Cleda
Old 09-14-20, 08:50 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliMagill View Post
I lost a long post while on vacation, my iPad and VF don't always work well together. Since I'm so far behind, I'll try and just post my workouts.

9/10 - We did go to the Women's museum, very interesting. In the same town they have a sculpture trail that was fun. We tried to go to the It's a Wonderful Life Museum, but it was closed. Looking in the window, I don't think it was much of a loss. Apparently Seneca Falls was the inspiration for Bedford Falls from the movie. They had bells attached to the bridge we walked over to get to the Sculpture trail.
9/11 - We left the rental house and headed to Letchworth State Park. This park is rated the #1 State Park in the country and I can see why. It's huge, includes 3 large waterfalls, many recreation areas, playgrounds, nice bathrooms, etc. We did some short hikes, hitting the highlights. We ran into a Ranger and asked him a question, next thing you know we are getting a personal guided tour! He was so nice, giving us some history of the place, pointing out what the CCC built during the Depression. He also had stories about stupid things that visitors have done at the park. It was awesome.
9/12 - Back to Letchworth where we hiked 2 different trails, which both turned out to be longer than advertised. We ordered take-out from the local diner and took it back to the park to eat, then walked around some more! I ended up with 22,941 steps for the day!
9/13 - travel day, no workout, just laundry.
9/14 - Day 11 with Pahla, 1 Mile Happy Walk with Keoni, 15 min. Morning Rebounding w/o with Fayth. There will be a dog walk after dinner.
Hi everyone, I just wanted to pop in to comment on Lily’s posts about Hiking at Watkin’s Glen and the suffragette museum. We have been to Watkin’s Glen too and I would love to get back. I was recently reading about the museum and was curious about it. I’m glad you enjoyed it. I never heard of the other park you mentioned. I’ll have to look into it.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 04:35 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Hi everyone, I just wanted to pop in to comment on Lily’s posts about Hiking at Watkin’s Glen and the suffragette museum. We have been to Watkin’s Glen too and I would love to get back. I was recently reading about the museum and was curious about it. I’m glad you enjoyed it. I never heard of the other park you mentioned. I’ll have to look into it.

Kim
Hey Kim!

Why don't you stick around and check in with us? We LOVE to have new people!!!!

Cleda
Old 09-15-20, 07:21 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Kim - I agree with Cleda, we love having new people and new ideas! Glad you also liked Watkins Glen! The whole Finger Lakes area is lovely. We had never been to Letchworth Park before, but I highly recommend it.
As far as the museum, I would wait until all of the buildings are open again. But, I learned so much from the little bit we did see.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote