Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-20, 08:46 AM  
sherry7899

This morning I did a 30 minute low impact cardio from Body Project, and then tacked on a ten minute sort of dance cardio they have on their site. I will do yoga later. My knees are still cranky.....

I will try to check back in later.

Have a good day

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

** TGIF!!! **

Yesterday featured:

~ Finished off the Unplugged 1900 series with 1926, chest, biceps, deltoids and inner thighs
~ 50 butt bridges and 25 ballerina crisscross with the hip circle
~ Energy warm ups and Bye Bye Back Pain from RaviAna House Calls

Pretty crummy on steps though, I was glued to my desk all day and too bushed to walk.

Sherry, I did watch Ozzy. I enjoyed it but am such a fan I practically knew the whole thing. His childhood and the interviews with his kids were the best.

Good morning to Pam!!

I saw an interesting ad - The Mirror. It seems motivating to be following along with the trainer while being able to see your form. Reminded me a bit of the old aerobics classes.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 01:40 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis, a quick fly by post...
We’ve been enjoying a visit with DS2, DIL, & their pooch. They go home tomorrow.

Yesterday’s workouts
~Taught Essentrics outside
~Cardio: neighborhood walk, 20 min rebounding, & 20 min gliding - 11,500 steps
~My new fave hip & hamstring stretch from Yamuna Zake. A friend posted it on FB and I shared it there but I can’t find a link to share it here. She uses her foot wakers & I have spiky discs that are very similar. I used them a lot when I had PF.

Today’s workouts
~60 min Pilates Ball class
~6 km trail walk with a friend - 11,000 steps
~Yamuna’s hip/ham stretch

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 11:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday!!! It's a glorious one here.

And I had a glorious walk last night. 1.78 miles at the beach while the sun was setting. I had the fortune of seeing a great blue heron couple soar in to roost for the night, and startled a gathering of killdeer. Love this time of year - good walking weather, and the sun sets at a good time to see such great things during dusk to sunset.

Enjoy the last day of your visit Pam! If you find the link to that hamstring stretch I'd like to try it.

Hi to Sherry and anyone who visits.
Old 09-12-20, 12:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I found the link to that stretch, Facebook doesn’t make it easy!
https://www.facebook.com/10400945501...39686047384959

Pat - Your walk sounds lovely, a perfect way to end the day!

ETA Also....I finally got the official word from Essentrics head office.....I’m officially a certified level 3 instructor.

Back later with my workouts.....

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-12-20, 01:01 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end!

I've been dull and boring this week. I had a headache from Tuesday through Thursday, with a slight "headache hangover" on Friday, so I've done Lee Holden's Qi Gong for Headaches every day. I think it was helpful, so hopefully today I can up the intensity level.

Pat - I'm ready to jump on a plane and head your way so I can join you on some beach walks. I think "flat" was a good description of the powdered peanut butter. I was thinking along the lines of "weak", but flat works. I was on a work conference call Wednesday morning and a hummingbird stopped to hover just outside my window - I guess it knew I needed some entertainment!

Pam - Hooray, Level 3 Essentrics Instructor!!!!! Speaking of daughters and dating.....a former neighbor used to list all the "don't's" for when his daughter (who was no more than 5 or 6 at the time) started dating. Number one on his list.....she couldn't leave the house with a guy if he drove a van. They relocated by the time she reached middle school - would love to know if he was a bad as he threatened to be, LOL! Yamuna is a wise woman......I wish I'd had the opportunity to attend more classes with a local instructor who was certified in Yamuna Ball Rolling, but she's relocated out of the area. I have some of Yamuna's DVD's and book, as well as the black, pearl and gold balls. Unfortunately I don't have the foot walkers.

Sherry - I'm glad you found the Hindley/Heart video. Sarah has an amazing voice. I was working late one evening this week and pulled up the Hindley Street YT channel and let it play in the background and I know it went for over 2-3 hours with no repeats. Thanks for mentioning Well Plated - I was poking around over there this AM and downloaded Erin's Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers recipe - can't wait to try it. I popped in at Detoxinista and saw that Megan had a pumpkin smoothie posted and thought of you. I'm hoping to give that a try, also, as I still need to use up some pumpkin. Hopefully your VitaCost order arrived without incident.

Waves to ALL. I guess T is busy with the start of the new school year. Hope all is well with Margot, Jackie and Kate.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 09:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~broke through 8000 steps
~Cardio: 20 min rebounding & 20 min gliding
~Jessica’s Metabolism Booster: upper body circuit
~My own seated & reclined stretches
~Yamuna’s standing hip & ham stretch: I use balance pods similar to these, bought them when I had PF. But I think you could use anything to raise your heels a few inches, would need to be stable and firm but not too hard.
https://www.amazon.com/Balance-Pods-...9963625&sr=8-8

Thanks for the congratulations everyone. This level really was a lot of work, kind of overkill IMO with all the anatomy.

We are hunkered down in the house, literally smoked in! It’s from the fires in Oregon & CA. Hoping for rain, it’s forecast for Monday.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-13-20, 06:04 AM  
sherry7899

I forgot to check in yesterday.

Workouts:

-I did a 33 minute Body Project weight/cardio circuit. I really liked it! I haven't done weights twice in one week in ages. I think doing a circuit made the weights more doable for me. I am going to look for other circuit workouts online and in my collection. My back and shoulders talked to me for awhile yesterday, but seem okay now -fingers crossed!

-After that I did 15 minutes of a Soul Sweat class because I missed my dance

-Yoga Upload 27 minute relaxation and stretching. This was perfect after using weights.

I made a new chili recipe last night. It was delicious. It was vegetarian pumpkin chili from Sally's Baking Addiction blog. I admit I used chicken instead of vegetable broth. I really like the addition of sweet potatoes to chili. My DH loved it-he ate two bowls. I needed to simmer it a little longer than 30 minutes to get it to the thickness I like. I made cornbread from Trader Joe's mix to go with it. I've made cornbread from scratch, and I honestly like their mix better. We have leftovers for tonight.

Pam, I am so proud of you ! Congratulations on Level 3! I am so sorry about the smoke. That is so worrying. I hope you are all okay and you get rain tomorrow.

Pat, your walks so lovely! I'd love to see photos of your beach if you ever feel like posting. I miss the ocean SO much. Maybe at some point we'll drive down and walk, but our favorite boardwalk is closed, and other towns have extended their "regular" beach season so it will still be crowded. We are avoiding crowds. I am glad you enjoyed the Ozzy documentary. I figured you already knew everything! I looked up the Mirror out of curiosity, and it costs $2,000! Not happening here!

Cyana, I was thinking of trying that pumpkin smoothie recipe, but using less dates. The calorie count is really high for that one for me. I will keep checking that you tube channel for more music. I really enjoy it. Thank you !

The Vitacost package arrived quickly and they packed everything beautifully.
I did not know Vitacost had been bought by Kroger. I received an email stating I had a package on the way from Kroger, and I was confused. I then searched and found that they had bought Vitacost in 2014. I will definitely order from them again. I was very impressed.

I made the healthy banana blender muffin recipe from the Well Plated blog. The only drawback is they stick to the muffin liners, even after spraying. The author of the blog said that would happen. I may skip the liners next time, but I'm afraid of them sticking to the pans would be worse, as you know! The muffins use oats instead of flour, a few TBS of honey instead of sugar, and plain fat free Greek yogurt instead of butter or oil. They do have chocolate chips in them, though! I was surprised my son likes them. I thought he'd notice the missing sugar and fat. They are very easy to make since everything is mixed in the blender except when you add the chips or nuts by hand at the end. Pat, they would work for you with gluten free oats. I will definitely make them again. They are small, so they are a good size for a snack.
I am going to try one of her dinner recipes this week. I'm not sure which one yet. She has a broccoli quinoa casserole that looks interesting, or I may make salmon patties or Italian turkey burgers.

Last night I was pacing around trying to hit 10,000 steps ( I was less than 200 away) and my DH asked me why I was pacing. I explained, and he asked "how far is 10,000 steps." I said around five miles, and he was impressed and asked "how did you do that?" I did not go out anywhere yesterday. I said it's from exercise and getting stuff done around the house.
He has never asked about it before.

Okay, I should get off here and exercise. I don't think I'm up for an hour of cardio today. My knees are a little cranky. I will probably do 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes yoga and then have breakfast. I've had steel cut oatmeal with fruit/flax seeds/almonds/unsweetened almond milk and local honey for six days straight. I think I'll treat myself to something else today......

I'll post later.

Sherry

Old 09-13-20, 07:43 AM  
sherry7899

Sumday:

30 minute Body Project cardio. My knees are not happy today. I will take a rest from cardio tomorrow and just do a long yoga practice

Yoga Upload 30 minute floor practice. I really enjoy this one.

Have a great day!
Sherry

Old 09-13-20, 07:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Congratulations Pam!!!
Woo hoo!

Nice job! Thank you for finding the Yumana link. I've always been curious about her method. I added the Balance Pods to my wishlist, too. That's too bad about being smoked in. I hope your asthma won't flare up. These fires are horrifying.

Cyana - love your friendly hummingbird visitor. I hope your headache is subsided. I'd love to walk with you, come on up!

It sounds like you found a good way to get strength training in Sherry. Circuits are great for resting areas and to alleviate boredom. I would love to post photos but it's so clumsy to do that here at VF - maybe I'll start an album. I am going to Sally's to check out that pumpkin chili recipe in a minute!!

Really nothing to report from yesterday - just wanted to visit and get motivated. Rest/catching up/shopping day.