Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-19-20, 03:26 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post

Did anyone have side effects? After the first dose, DH & I both had sore arms, much more so than with the flu shot. I felt a bit tired the next day but that was it, but he felt off (tired & achy) for about 3 days. Unfortunately, the second shot was much different for me! I woke up early the next morning to go to the bathroom, and I wound up feeling so nauseous and dizzy that I just stayed lying on the bathroom flu. I slept on and off all morning--was still feeling nauseous, dizzy if I got up, and hot/cold like with the flu--but I gradually started feeling better by the afternoon. (On the other hand, DH was again tired & achy, but probably not as bad as the first time.)
DH had symptoms like yours after his second shot - almost exactly even with the timing. With his first shot, he felt pretty lousy for the first 48 hours or so, but it wasn't as intense as with his first dose.

For me, I just felt a little off after my first shot. No side effects at all after my second one. But my arm was extremely sore after both - it was actually amusing to me how sore my shoulder was!
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 03:28 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post

How does the pain of the shot compare to a tetanus shot?
The shot itself wasn't painful, but my shoulder was ridiculously sore for a while after! It didn't stop me from doing anything, but I was surprised at how very sore it was.

Erica
Old 09-19-20, 09:18 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I can’t remember for certain about soreness, but i think I had a bit more the second shot. My reactions to the first and second shots were very different: very little the first time, knocked for a loop and stayed in bed for a day after the second shot. I still consider it worthwhile.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 12:32 PM  
anetta

My arm hurt after the second shot worse than a tetnus shot and I also felt like I had the flu.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:50 PM  
kristiep

For those who felt fine after the first shot, but felt badly after the second, what was the spacing of time between the first and second shots? I’ve seen that the second shot should occur between 2-6 months after the first one.

Not scientific at all, but wondering if the timing of the second shot affects how you feel afterwards?
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 09:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
For those who felt fine after the first shot, but felt badly after the second, what was the spacing of time between the first and second shots? I’ve seen that the second shot should occur between 2-6 months after the first one.

Not scientific at all, but wondering if the timing of the second shot affects how you feel afterwards?
I was right in the wheelhouse - 3 months to the day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 12:53 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

my 2nd shot was 2 months after the 1st. i was shocked they (Walmart pharmacy) called me so soon because it seemed like i was on the waitlist forever for the 1st shot (6+ mos).

and i felt slightly feverish, body aches, and fatigue both times. i'm usually OK with vaccines, but these were nasty.

actually, i recently took the 1st of the 2 available pneumonia shots. that one gave me some irritability come to think of it. so in summary, the 2 shingrix shots and #1 pneumonia were unpleasant. i recommend taking off the day after any of these, or schedule it near a weekend or long weekend.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 04:50 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I was right in the wheelhouse - 3 months to the day.
My DH had the same reaction to the 2nd shot as Beth(toaster) did and his was 6 months later. I felt better after my 2nd shot than the first and mine were 3 months apart.

Erica
Old 09-21-20, 12:09 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
I only had the original vaccine about 10 years ago when they changed the age from 60 to 50.
My doctor has been telling me for the last few years that I should get the Shingrix vaccine, and I've been stalling.
Nancy, I also had the original vaccine about 10 years ago. I was just past 50 years old at the time, and my insurance paid for it. I had the newer vaccine last year, both shots. I had no issues with either shot. A bit of soreness in my upper arm both times, but I worked out immediately after without a problem.

My late DH had Shingles too, and he was miserable. I decided right away that I didn't ever want to go through that!
Old 09-21-20, 06:13 PM  
anetta

Mine were two months apart,

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shingles vaccination, shingrix, side effects