Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-03-20, 05:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
This seems endless.....it seems like no matter how many times I go through areas of the house, there is more to get done.
Sherry it definitely feels that way! I console myself when I grow weary of clearing out the same areas by telling myself, "Just think if you never did this?"

I finally made myself tackle the spare bedroom after it became a dumping ground again for items people didn't want to deal with or keep in their areas. I trashed or donated most of it and now it looks like a neat bedroom again. Hoping it can stay that way through Christmas at least!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 05:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Linda, I wish I could have a neat and tidy spare room! Part of my problem is the surplus of yarn I have. My aunt keeps buying me more even though I tried to explain how much I have. I'm not complaining, I appreciate it, I just wish I could figure out the best way to store it till I can use it. I have tubs full that take up almost all the space under that bed and more in sacks just sitting around! I know I should just get busy using it but Cyric is so adorable when he wants attention.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 01:36 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Sherry it definitely feels that way! I console myself when I grow weary of clearing out the same areas by telling myself, "Just think if you never did this?"
Linda, I have to tell my self that too as I agree too with Sherry, it does feel endless sometimes.

I have not done much the first part of September as it's been a very busy month for us thus far. I did get a lot of carboard boxes in the garage broken down and to recycling. There is more to be done in that regard but it still is an improvement.

I also went through the spice/baking lazy susan again. Apparently my efforts in the past weren't as thorough as I thought they were. I realized the spice I was using in a recipe was 5 years past expiration. Aack! So I went through EVERTHING and I think I got it all this time. Very frustrated that I had two unopened containers of basil but there is no expiration date on either container by different companies.

I'm hoping to get back into listing on ebay and have started another thrift box.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 09:21 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

!

I see I haven't checked in since before I had my surgery in July.
I never did the two small decluttering projects I mentioned in my last post. However the veterans finally had a pick up date in my neighborhood in August so all the stuff I was collecting in my garage to donate from before the pandemic is now gone.
I finally got rid of an old dehumidifier that was sitting in my garage. The county started accepting them again.

Still struggling with being overwhelmed by too much stuff. I agree with the others. The process of decluttering seems endless.

We decided to re-do our family room and the plans include getting rid of some furniture(3 desks) The decluttering started several months back at the start of the pandemic but more needs to be done before remodeling. But that could be awhile because contractors around here are booked up.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 08:28 AM  
Izzy

I have to say, I feel pretty good about my accomplishments over the past two weeks. I have made 3 trips to Goodwill. I don't really have clutter issues but more like, maybe I will need this down the road issue. Well the past two weeks those roads have come to an end and hopefully these items will find homes that need them right now. I emptied two bins in my basement on Saturday and most of the items went to Goodwill. Last weekend I cleaned out the garage and got rid of some tools and yard work tools that I just don't need duplicates of.

I hope as the weather gets colder, maybe mid-Winter I am going to attack those bins in the basement. I tend to do this each year with Christmas and if I can get two more bins emptied, I will be happy.
Old 09-22-20, 11:12 AM  
BunnyHop

A small success experience: I recently reorganized some of the stuff in my house to make a better use of the space. My sewing machine has been in the kitchen forever. It was in a sunny corner that seemed like a good idea at the time we moved in, and while dad was alive that was really the only option. (out of his way, accessible to me whenever I wanted it.)

The other day I put it in the room where I watch tv so I can stitch as I listen. I've got my ironing board in there too, so it's a nice crafting space while I quilt. I never realized quite how much I HATED doing the ironing in the laundry room til I moved the board to a more convenient spot for my sewing.

Hurrah for small successes!

I moved my rebounder into that sunny corner. Not sure that's a great place for it, but it's more accessible than it had been, so that's good.
Old 09-22-20, 12:59 PM  
sherry7899

Everyone is doing great! We have a Vietnam Vets pickup the end of next month. I was surprised that I have to wait a month. Normally they have a date within a week or two. I'll see if I can find anything else to donate until then.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 02:58 PM  
Vantreesta

I decluttered the closet by putting up my Halloween decorations!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 04:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

hi - Leela posted a very relevant post on general:

Analysis paralysis sufferers

i cleared off 80% of the "mail dump" area on the counter, and found a $500 check in there from the mortgage company! last year, i reduced our homeowner's insurance by submitting more info about our home for which you can receive a credit on your premium. although the insurance company gave me a refund after they approved my documentation, it takes time for the mortgage company to update their side of it.

the funny thing was that i was looking in the mail dump area for something else (which is still missing). i was looking for a manila folder with receipts in it. the receipts were primarily from Home Depot, so i was able to use my e-receipts to file for reimbursement for a project i'm doing for a non-profit that i sit on.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 10:30 PM  
BunnyHop

Ack!

Mindlessly clicking on Facebook led me to Mary's site, and the next thing you know, I've totally ignored all the two dollar discs on sale and put Lastics Lite AND two box sets of qi gong by Mimi Quo-Deemer.

So much for decluttering.

A while ago, I was really, really sad to think I'd discarded some old painting supplies, because it felt as though throwing them out meant I'd given up on my artistic interests. Just the other week? I bought a watercolor palette and some brushes. Guess what I found in another closet just before they arrived? Now I'm really well stocked. Sigh.

On the plus side, I'm thrilled that I didn't get rid of those old tubes of watercolor paint. They're expensive to replace, so I'm glad I won't need to.

(And yes, I'm terrible at painting, but I enjoy it quite a lot.)

Tags
de-clutter, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, minimalist, minimizing