Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-20, 07:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello my fierce friends!!

I'm still plugging away at Cathe Live and Friday I did 111, Smokin' Upper Body Blast. Holy moly, smokin' is right! Been kind of stressed all weekend so today I just wanted to do a good ol' go-to DVD workout without having to think, so I did the Step Blast/Step Jump and Pump step and weights circuit premix including abs which clocks in at 81 minutes that literally FLY by. I hadn't done that in ages and I'm glad I did. Such a fun one!

Cataddict, I'm thinking about you every single day. Hang in there!

Oh NO Manleym!! That's so awful! Is it a Windows system or Mac? Sounds like your wireless and/or ethernet card (if you have one) drivers need updating or reinstalling or something. Did you recently have an update that wiped things out? This kind of stuff happens to my husband's computer all the time and I'm the tech support of the house who gets to fix it, hah!

Bee, I decided to hold off on the Inner Dimensions sub even with the awesome price. I'm probably going to regret that decision!

ChelePA, were you the one who reached out to Kat? I'm so glad if so...I had wanted to do that but I'm not on any type of social media at all and wasn't sure I could.

Nathalie, where you live sounds simply beautiful and I'll be right over. What are your winters like? I grew up in Michigan and lived all around that region there (and went to Canada frequently) so I know about extremes. Just curious how extreme yours are!

Horusosiris, I'm trying to compile my own Cathe Live compendium as I go. I get really overwhelmed trying to choose workouts and then notate down what they are, what equipment they require, their length, and what I thought of them! I get serious analysis paralysis when trying to plan my workouts for the week right now but it's all part of the process.

Kim, that's quite a hike and sounds gorgeous! Glad you got some outdoor and family time.

Cowbells to Fanofladyvols and KateTT. Happy Sunday!!

Last edited by kittybug; 09-20-20 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Can't type!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 10:28 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Hi everyone, today my husband and I went to Ricketts Glen State Park. We haven’t been there for 30 years!! It’s a little over an hour from our house. We hiked 7.5 miles though old, old hemlock trees and pretty tiny, thin streams and waterfalls. Our summer has been really dry so there wasn’t much water but on the bright side, the park is notorious for slippery rocks and with the dry weather, we only hit a few wet spots. We hiked a moderate trail and there were plenty of hills for us. We were pooped when we got done. It was another gorgeous day and I’m so glad we got out to enjoy the day.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Kim
Love that park!!! Beautiful day for a hike.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 11:45 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug—I did reach out to Kat. She’s a musician too. Quite talented!

Today I did Kat’s advanced step #2. I think this was the first time I picked up all the moves on the first try. Yay!!! Added Cathe’s ab stacker and lying extended stretch. I find ab stacker deceiving because it starts out so easy. Those boat poses get me, but I have definitely improved with time.

Loved hearing about Canada and all the positives! We have considered moving to a warmer climate once my daughter graduates from college. I really like our small town but hate the cold weather. Not a fan of snow either. My biggest issue is moving away from family. We are very close and spend lots of time together. It’s a tough decision.
Old 09-21-20, 11:46 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Good Monday Morning......

Kim, that hike sounds so nice! I would love to get out and do some hiking. I worry about using public restrooms -- maybe I am just paranoid.

Horusosiris, I mean to mention your lost Cathe records, too -- so sad!! I'm sorry you have to recreate all that.

kittybug, you had a great workout!! I just looked at the new Lower Body clip -- I'm getting so excited! Love the slow and controlled work Cathe does. I've noticed over the last six months or so that a lot of Cathe's work -- even the weights -- moves at a clip that might be a bit fast for me.

This morning I did a Gina B lady gaga walk as a warm up to another Udaya. My hip has been bothering me (as I whined about -- hips/obliques, I can't tell but I'm starting to think it's a hip issue) so I did Hip Parade by Emma Henry. It seems to have helped a little. I don't know what to think of Emma -- she's a bit of a stereotype of a yoga instructor. Kept saying "iiiiinnnnnhale, eeeeeexxxhaaallle" but it always sounded like "yinhale" to me. But I can't argue with results!!

Hope everyone is off to a good start for a new week.
Old 09-21-20, 01:21 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

bee: Try Celest Peiera or Emily Clare Hill. Nice British girls.

Cataddict: I'm so sorry...dear Watula! It has been a crummy year - hugs for you!

manleym: I was just thinking about what to do for today's Yoga. Maybe Organized Chaos for me!

kittybug: Meso 3 Plyo Legs are what came with my set. I think those are considered the 'regular' workouts. The Squat Rack Legs are available for purchase separately and you can also buy the whole works together too. I just looked and yes, they are available separately for download purchase.

So I have to backtrack as I am way behind on posting.
Last Thursday was LMOD Body Step 119. Brand new and super fun.
Gaia Yoga and Cameron Gilley Hatha Foundations. Mellow!

Friday was STS Meso 2 Disk 21 - Back and Biceps. I LOVE LOVE the Double Wave loads. I think that's my favorite way to lift.
No Yoga that day as I had errands. I did do Cameron's Hatha practice Sat and Sun because it was just so mellow and nice.

Today was STS Meso 2 Disk 22 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and entering the final week of Meso 2. This was a shorter workout about 42 minutes so I added on STS No Equipment Abs. I went up to 25lbs for shoulder presses and failed! That was heavy!
The Core workout is excellent!! I've only done that once before and at about 11 minutes, perfect add on. Hits all areas of the core.

So next week is a week off before starting Meso 3. Anyone have any good ideas? I'm thinking mostly cardio and bodyweight but I know there are a couple of new LMOD Body Pumps I haven't done yet either.
I'm saving ICE for after STS.

Hope everyone has an amazing week! Smile, take care of each other!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 01:49 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Monday to All!

Cataddict- I am sending many hugs your way.

I was excited when I saw the first clip of Perfect 30 but not so much by today's clip of the leg workout. I was not particularly enthused about the clip. It seems like more of the same of Cathe’s usual leg workouts. The music in this series does seem to be a step up over some of her recent releases.

Today I did Fit Split Push and the Cardio Blast. I prefer the weight workout to the cardio. In the past, I have done the premix that mixes the push and pull workouts.

Kitty- You can get the equipment and type of workout from the Cathe forum for Cathe Live. Cathe usually posts on Wednesday evenings what the Thursday Cathe Live will entail.

Bee- I have been recompiling 1-2 Cathe Lives a day mostly using notes from Fitnessmystyle.

Chel- moving away from family is tough but a warmer climate is nice. Choices…

Mickey- Ricketts State Park sound heavenly. I am glad you had a good time hiking.

Manelym- did you get your computer problems straightened out?

Kate -no equipment abs is a go to for me when I am short on time.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 05:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday friends!!

Today was Cathe Live number 5, Cardio Leg Blast with High Step, and I'm just gonna say, it was kind of brutal! I loved it and was a soaked mess by the end, which it looked like so was everyone else in her class including her!

Horusosiris, I am compiling my Live log from those places as well as FitnessMyStyle's blog which is hugely helpful. I should start my own blog, not for anybody else but myself to keep track of all this, hah!

KateTT, 25 pounds for shoulder presses is insanely fierce!! My shoulder tweaks just thinking about that! You go, fierce one!! Hmm, cardio and body weight sounds like a great change of pace for a week with maybe one or two LMOD thrown in?

Bee, I'm super excited for this new series. I haven't been this excited from just her clips in a long time. I'm fantasizing about what kinds of premixes will be offered!

ChelePA, I just saw a new advanced step on Kat's channel...is that the one you did? Looks fun, like always!

Manleym, how goes the computer woes?

Hugs and waves to Cataddict and Fanofladyvols and Nathalie and Kim!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 06:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I should start my own blog, not for anybody else but myself to keep track of all this, hah!
I'd read it!! And I don't even have any Cathe Lives!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm fantasizing about what kinds of premixes will be offered!
Hahaha meee tooo!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 10:44 AM  
ChelePA

Kate—25 pounds. Holy Moly!!!! My max is usually around 12 pounds for shoulders.

Kittybug—Kat’s new video looks like another awesome one! I’ve been going in order. Today was Advanced #3. The moves are fun but not too complicated. I’m picking up most of the routines pretty quickly. I also did a few chapters from Yoga Max. Headed out to do lawn work now.

Happy Fall!!!
Old 09-22-20, 11:32 AM  
lavna

Happy Tuesday all!

Today, was Live 147 quick-fix cardio. I didn't have the time (or the energy!) for something longer first thing in the morning. These days, with the sun rising later, it's not easy to get up earlier to work out!

kittybug: Our winters are tough! We often have cold temperatures in January and February. Some days it can be as cold as -11 F at night and 5-6 during the days, with some humidity. In 2017 or 2018, we had this kind of weather for 2-3 weeks! We also have a lot of snow. Because of its location, Quebec has a lot of it. On average, we have about 120 inches of snow per year. We need good coats and boots along with winter tires to get through our winters. We have a winter festival at the begining of February that celebrate winter. It's real popular with tourists! On the other end of the spectrum, our summers can be hot and humid. This year, we had many days over 85F, and with the humidity, it often felt more like 102F! So we go from one extreme to the other! I don't know what Jacques Cartier was thinking about when he explored this region! Couldn't he have gone further south!!!

ChelePA: If you're looking for a warmer climate, you would not like it here!!!

kittybug: KathyG seems to have a compendium of Cathe Live. I once saw that she had shared her file with someone. You might want to contact her. She seems very generous.

kate: 25 lbs for shoulders: wow! You are really strong.

horusosiris: I like to do the Push/pull premix for UB. I just skip the LB segments!

I like the clips of the new series I've seen so far. Can't wait to see the other ones!

Have a great day. Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in